Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Bucs (0-2) @ Pats (2-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new coach would love our situation. Tampa would be an attractive landing spot with our talent. Especially if we're in position to draft bridge water.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
A new coach would love our situation. Tampa would be an attractive landing spot with our talent. Especially if we're in position to draft bridge water.
At this point, I'm not even asking for an elite talent at QB. Yeah it sucks to see that the Panthers and Falcons got to use a top 5 pick to get their franchise guy but hell I would be content with a QB caliber of a Tannehill.

I can see TB going 0-5 with the next to Arizona and Philly. Freeman gets traded mid-season we start Glennon and finish 4-12.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Schiano is modern day.......

Leeman Bennett
96BucsBallin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
This coaching staff is just not in touch with the players or the game.

The defense is just a mess. Zone almost every play, completely wasting the best man to man cover corner in the league. Stupid stunts that never work, yet we run them every play. Corners playing 15 yards off the receivers. Like, usually I give coaches the benefit of the doubt since they are professional coaches and I'm nobody, but this is so blatant that it is just alarming. Our defense is still doing alright despite all this, which is a testament to how talented they are.

The offense is atrocious, but I think that is more due to Freeman simply not being anything near an NFL caliber quarterback.

This is spot on.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today also made me realize how thin we are at WR...after Jackson and Williams we have no one. We have SOO many needs

1)QB
2)TE
3)C(Please get rid of Zuttah, he is such a bad center)
4)WR
5)DE
6)DT(we are thin here)
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
ramblinbuc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimmerman from Cinci and A new quarterback, and I'm a happy man.

#iwastoldtherewouldbedefense #underthequotaformariota
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was down in AC for my buddy's bachelor party so I completely missed the game. Looks like I picked a good one to miss.

3 weeks in and it seems like the season is already over. Unreal.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Bucs00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a dissapointing game. This is first time i am concerned about this team. I tought Bucs would simply be too hungry and desperate to lose this game. How wrong i was. One field goal...

This team didn't look hungry enought. That is the most concerning thing for me, not the loss.

This team needs to do some cleaning next offseason. I am not talking about Schiano or Dominik, but players. If this team in fact has given up after two games, its not coaching. Bucs players are not in position to give up on any coach.
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
I was down in AC for my buddy's bachelor party so I completely missed the game. Looks like I picked a good one to miss.

3 weeks in and it seems like the season is already over. Unreal.

lol, sort of embarrassing but I was up all night Saturday (went to bed around 11am Sunday morning) and managed to sleep through the Bucs game. First time I've missed a Bucs game in idk, how long.

Props to Eggy
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramblinbuc wrote:
Zimmerman from Cinci and A new quarterback, and I'm a happy man.

PLUS 1. I am done with this staff this qb and this gm... Get me an Hell what is Todd Collins slis Todd Collins doing these days

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs00 wrote:
What a dissapointing game. This is first time i am concerned about this team. I tought Bucs would simply be too hungry and desperate to lose this game. How wrong i was. One field goal...

This team didn't look hungry enought. That is the most concerning thing for me, not the loss.

This team needs to do some cleaning next offseason. I am not talking about Schiano or Dominik, but players. If this team in fact has given up after two games, its not coaching. Bucs players are not in position to give up on any coach.

The team looked plenty hungry until it became a blowout. I also think part of it was the fact that Freeman was still in at QB through the 2nd half, they knew that they weren't going to win with him under center.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah we need to get a real coach...not these "unknowns"

Raheem-DB coach promoted to Head coach and was way too young
Shiano-College coach that still tries to run everything like its the NCAA

forget all that mess. get us an NFL coach that has been in the league and has experience. I still regret us letting Gruden go. He may have always got QB's that were way too old but at least we were a competitive team under him..
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Bucs00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:

The team looked plenty hungry until it became a blowout. I also think part of it was the fact that Freeman was still in at QB through the 2nd half, they knew that they weren't going to win with him under center.

Fair enought. I was so pissed off during the game that i don't remember all the details.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

forget all that mess. get us an NFL coach that has been in the league and has experience. I still regret us letting Gruden go. He may have always got QB's that were way too old but at least we were a competitive team under him..

I guess you would say that college coaches David Shaw and Kevin Sumlin are also unknowns with no experience? While Sumlin has never been in the NFL his offenses could really be something in the NFL. He would be a bit of an unknown compared to Shaw who has coached in the NFL.

Shaw has coached with the Eagles, Raiders, and Ravens and been a Quality Control, QB coach and WR coach. He knows how the NFL works and is a well respected leader who developed Andrew Luck and though offensive minded, fields a great defense on a regular basis. Though it is a 3-4 I do think we have the personnel for it if he chose to implement it in Tampa. McCoy and Clayborn would be the DEs and Spence could add 10 lbs and be the NT. Watson would be the rush LB and Foster and David would be the middles with Casillas on the other side. The question for me is if he would come to the NFL after apparently re-uping his contract with Stanford last year. My gut leads me to thinking he will stay in college but with the team we have already assembled and a potential franchise QB of his choice, it might be too tempting to pass up.

Jay Gruden or Pete Carmichael are other names that are currently in the NFL but I dont know if Im sold on them. Someone wanna explain your reasoning for either of those guys to help convince me? And please say more than they are currently in the NFL.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

I guess you would say that college coaches David Shaw and Kevin Sumlin are also unknowns with no experience? While Sumlin has never been in the NFL his offenses could really be something in the NFL. He would be a bit of an unknown compared to Shaw who has coached in the NFL.

Shaw has coached with the Eagles, Raiders, and Ravens and been a Quality Control, QB coach and WR coach. He knows how the NFL works and is a well respected leader who developed Andrew Luck and though offensive minded, fields a great defense on a regular basis. Though it is a 3-4 I do think we have the personnel for it if he chose to implement it in Tampa. McCoy and Clayborn would be the DEs and Spence could add 10 lbs and be the NT. Watson would be the rush LB and Foster and David would be the middles with Casillas on the other side. The question for me is if he would come to the NFL after apparently re-uping his contract with Stanford last year. My gut leads me to thinking he will stay in college but with the team we have already assembled and a potential franchise QB of his choice, it might be too tempting to pass up.

Jay Gruden or Pete Carmichael are other names that are currently in the NFL but I dont know if Im sold on them. Someone wanna explain your reasoning for either of those guys to help convince me? And please say more than they are currently in the NFL.

I like Jay Gruden so I'll lobby for his candidacy. First, Jay played the position of QB in Div I and arena league later became a very successful head coach in the Arena League. Yeah, I know the arena league, big deal right? The one good thing about the arena league I find it makes a QB have to read progressions quickly.

Later, he was on Jon's staff here in Tampa as an offensive assistant. So at least, the Glazers have somewhat a familiarity with him. However, the most important attribute I believe is that he has a proven track record of developing and implementing an offense for a rookie QB. I like Andy Dalton, but I would hardly classify him as elite. Gruden has been OC for Dalton's entire career and architect of the offense. I would assume Marvin gives him a lot of autonomy creating and implementing the offense. If there is a coaching change, I want a guy who has proven the ability to develop a young QB. Keep in mind, Dalton wasn't that highly thought of coming out of TCU because he lasted till the second round. I believe Gruden would be an excellent choice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: