Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT Thread: Who Are theses guys? Edition
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Week 3 GDT Thread: Who Are theses guys? Edition Reply with quote

This week in the lives of the Arizona Cardinals...

Mikey Bidwell: hey Bruce you know I love you man right?
Bruce: oh Mikey I love you too.
Keim: geez, get a room you two

Reporter: Patrick, what position do you play
PP: Swiss
Reporter: excuse me?
PP: you know? Swiss!
Reporter: please elaborate
PP: Swiss Army Position. I do everything, stats on defense, stats for passing, stats for receiving

Reporter: Tony, how do you think you played today?
Tony Jefferson: (Silence)
Reporter: ok... Kerry, how do you think you played?
Kerry Taylor: (Silence)
Reporter: Well then, Rashad do you think you played?
Rashad Johnson: (Silence)
BA: They enjoy being the unsung and silent heroes

BACKGROUND: Last week the Saints played the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and beat them by a score of 16-14. Brees threw for 322 yards and one touchdown but he did throw two picks to the revamped Bucs secondary. They split the carries evenly between Sproles, Thomas and Ingram. They ran the ball 20 times for 75 yards and no touchdowns. They forced and recovered one fumble from QB Josh Freeman. And also picked him off once .

Lucky's 3 Keys to Victory:

Saints
-Attack Levi Brown, this was a key for the lions this week, it's one for the Saints this week
- Make the Cardinals become one dimensional on offense. Don't give Mendenhall too many rushing yards
- Drew Brees needs to just be himself

Cardinals
-Put up points, if it needs to be a shootout, bring the AK-47
-Somebody needs to step up in the pass rush and attack Drew Brees
- The young guys need another BIG week

This is the week we will see the true colors of this team. It's put up or shut up time. The going into the SuperDome and coming out with a victory would be more than a huge confidence boost. That would flare confidence in these players and establish this team as being what the optimists viewed this team as. A possible 10-6 team with a wild card birth in view. We will definitely need to put up some points on this less than stellar defense, and try our best to limit the lethal Saints offense. This game will ultimately decide how well this team will play for the rest of the season IMO.

PREDICTION: I myself am not an optimist 38-27 Saints

Now in case You need some help getting pumped up...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdmyoMe4iHM

And last but not least LETS GO CARDS!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good writeup. Keep em coming.

I think we have a good chance in this game. With Palmer we have a QB that is able to control the huddle and not be bothered too much by the noise. The key thing to do in this game is to shut down their run game like we've been doing, make them one dimensional, and start creating turnovers. I think PP gets an Int in this game. I think this could definitely turn into a high scoring game. Brees is likely going to get his 300+ yards. We just need to make sure we cause turnovers.

The Saints pass rush to scare me too much compared to the Rams/Lions.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that scares me about this game is that great QB's rarely have two bad games in a row. Brees was not very good against the Buccaneers, I worry about him coming out on fire against a pass defense that has not been very good this year.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense has been pretty good so far this season, hoping we can keep it up in this game. If Fitz is out that would certainly help our defense but I'd rather win at full strength.

We have a nasty pass rush, and our D-line is the strength of this defense (but we keep losing depth to injuries) so we should be able to generate pressure on Palmer. Expecting a big day for Cam Jordan and Akiem Hicks.

Anyways, good luck this season (except for this game Wink ) ... always liked the Cards. Should be a good game.

Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Saints will win this one

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:

This...

Sit anyone with a sore body part and be 100% for a winnable game vs Tampa next week.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

This...

Sit anyone with a sore body part and be 100% for a winnable game vs Tampa next week.

Just don't go expecting their D to lay down...they are straight nasty.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our only shot to win this game is the force them to run the ball. And by that I mean we play a 4-1-5 base defense with Bell playing a quasi LB spot. Play 6 in the box with a slot CB (Mathieu) who can play the run.

Give them matchups in the running game that they cannot turn down. We are not good enough in pass coverage or rushing the passer to allow Drew Brees to drop back and throw 45 times. If we do he is going to complete 35 passes for 400+ yards and likely 2-4 scores.

Put this game in the hands of Ingram/Thomas/Sproles. Make them sustain long drives on the ground and convert on third downs.

I go into Sunday from snap one as my top 11 on D as;

Campbell, Dockett, Acho, Dansby, Bell, Abraham, Peterson, Powers, Jefferson, Johnson, Mathieu.

You should get some solild pass coverage from your LB's in this situation and given the matchups with RB's (Sproles and Thomas) and the brackets they are going to need to provide on Graham (LB/Safety double coverage) we are going to need quality coverage from those guys.

Peterson on Colston wherever he goes. Match them up.

Cover 1/3/6 heavy. Play coverage shells that have active bodies in the seams. Cannot let Brees to Graham down the middle or down the seam beat you.

Long story short. Basically, put the game in the hands on the RB's. The Saints do not want to do that. They want to win in the air.

rickyp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great write up, well done. I'll be watching this game with about a 12 hour delay. Looking forward to it either way, who would've predicted the Patriots upset early last year? If we can convert on 3rd down, we're always a chance.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ready for a very fun game! Will be interesting really getting to see two of my more recent LSU guys in Peterson and the Honey Badger coming to the dome. Hope there will be no injuries. Good luck Sunday fellas.

Robust Perry wrote:
They were the dirtiest organization in football

In reference to the Saints.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if we are able to contain Colston, what are we gonna do about Jimmy Graham? He is a matchup nightmare for our defense.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
Even if we are able to contain Colston, what are we gonna do about Jimmy Graham? He is a matchup nightmare for our defense.

Graham is the issue, but rather than use Peterson on him and leave a guy like Powers or Matheiu at 5-9 to cover the much larger Colston. I would go with Peterson on Colston and then use coverages the make it very hard to get the ball to Graham in the areas he likes. Bracket coverage on a good chunk of snaps.

You are not going to hold a guy like Graham without catches and without yards. The best you can do is limit his impact.

mtdowner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
mtdowner wrote:

Graham is the issue, but rather than use Peterson on him and leave a guy like Powers or Matheiu at 5-9 to cover the much larger Colston. I would go with Peterson on Colston and then use coverages the make it very hard to get the ball to Graham in the areas he likes. Bracket coverage on a good chunk of snaps.

You are not going to hold a guy like Graham without catches and without yards. The best you can do is limit his impact.

Our D is gonna have to create some turnovers and/or get some big redzone stops because their offense is going to be able to march the ball downfield tomorrow.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will have a lot of double teaming tomorrow on Graham. And I'm always a fan of baptism by fire, put Tony Jefferson on him a good bit. See what the kid can do

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Cardinals-Dan-Williams-doesnt-make-trip-due-to-family-matter.html

Dan Williams has not made the trip with the team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: