Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2- All 22 observations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Week 2- All 22 observations Reply with quote

Figured I'd start this for you guys. Really enjoyed last weeks comments.

I'm quite curious about our running game, primarily our OL blocking. Seems we finally put it to use in the 2nd half and were pretty effective.

Anyway fella's really lookin' forward to this again.
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i felt like we got alot of interior pressure but felt like once eli got out the pocket we had no speed to chase him down ofcourse that will most definetly change when VON is back.

Von Wesley Trevathan is our best lb combo IMO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked, coaches film isn't posted yet on Game Rewind. I have a pretty busy night, but I'll review tomorrow.

Things I want to see:

>What was the secondary doing? Why was Cruz getting deep on Harris without safety help? How did we get Eli to throw into triple coverage multiple times?

>How did our offensive line hold the Giants to 0 sacks? What did they do well in order to get Knowshon rolling?
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post my typical offensive line analysis when the all 22 comes out, but I think I will include the good as well. Not a whole lot of negative this week.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the biggest adjustment we made at half was swapping our 3 wide set for two TE's. Another would be the play calling. We went from about 75% pass in the 1st half to almost a 50-50 split.

I hope we continue that trend
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coaches film is out on gamepass. Will post thoughts on what I watch before United kickoff in 40 mins ...

MUFC OK
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone want to focus on DT? I've felt for the last two years that he needs to be targeted more. Is it due to double teams that he doesn't get enough?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
>How did our offensive line hold the Giants to 0 sacks? What did they do well in order to get Knowshon rolling?

Sacks aren't always an indicator to how well an offensive line is doing. Peyton is an extremely quick decision maker, so he avoids sacks by getting the ball off quickly. Peyton's O-Line with Indy was garbage after 2005 and he was still avoiding sacks due to his quick decision making and high IQ. QBs that get sacked the most generally hold the ball the longest along with possibly having a weak O-Line.

The one observation that I made in the game was that the Broncos O-Line tended to struggle when Ball was running. I think it is because the Giants understand that Ball is not going to be out there for any other reason. I think this was why Moreno was also successful because when he was out there they were probably expecting a pass play. This is an observation I made during the game though and not in coaches film or NFL rewind.
BullsandBroncos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched quite a bit of it and was quite shocked with a few things.

-We got 0 pressure on Eli when we weren't blitzing.

-Orlando Franklin had a helluva game run blocking, even if you don't count the 2 Knowshon TDs.

-Montee Ball is slower than Moreno.

-Moreno is alright but far from special. He should be our go to back for right now.

-Louis Vasquez is key to protecting Peyton. Very happy we signed him. He is definitely a much better pass blocker than run blocker. Quite a few times on some run plays, Linval Joseph put him on skates.

-Manny Ramirez, much much better at Center this year than he was at RG last year. Especially seems more comfortable there as well.

-Beadles struggled this game as well. it seems that he's the epitome of average when he's not pulling.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st defensive snap of the game we line up in a 3-4 with Wolfe Vick Knighton down and Irving and Phillips at OLB with Trevathan and Woodyard inside.

That PI call on Decker was bogus.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BullsandBroncos wrote:
-Montee Ball is slower than Moreno.

I disagree here. Montee may be a little more hesitant thus far in his career, but he's faster and much more explosive than Moreno.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i am going to post both of mine. Though, i have to watch it online and the best i could buy was NFL gamerewind. For both games it will only allow all 22 film for the 1st quarter. Am i doing something wrong or is that just how it is?

Anyways, here are my notes from the 1st quarter of the Raven's game.

At 14:14 Ihenacho shows very good instincts. He recognizes the run and closes in a hurry to make the play. Denver had other players closing, but this play possibly could have gained some yards.

13:38- It looks like Denver is playing what has become somewhat typical for them over the past 2 seasons. Denver has 2 DT's, a DE, and Shaun Phillips replacing Miller as a stand up DE on the left side. It was difficult for me to definitively identify personnel, but it looks like Wolfe and Jackson are the 2 interior players on the DL. Jackson looked quick and explosive and generated a bit of pressure up the middle on Flacco making it difficult for him to step up and make the throw.

In Denver's first offensive drive the OL looked quite good. Vasquez took Ngata on 1v1 multiple times on the drive and one rather easily.

At 9:26 you see the weakness of Denver's smaller LB's if they aren't protected. It looks like they are in what i would consider a variation of the 3/4 (but someone correct me if i am wrong) Sly is playing a O tech, Unrein is in a 3 tech, with Jackson in a 5 tech. Sly gets pancaked, both Unrein and Jackson get sealed to the outside, Trevathan comes up to fill a lane and is pancaked by Leach, while the OC is allowed a free path directly to Woodyard. Woodyard is blocked and driven backward nearly 5 yards away from the LOS and nearly ran over by Ray Rice who gets a 5 or 6 yard gain on the play.

8:42- Jackson again looks explosive as a pass rusher, though this time off the edge. Quick off the ball, quick hands, and some strength. The very next play Jackson is lined up as a 5 tech. Yanda makes a reach for Jackson, who stands his ground, sheds the block and trips up the ball carrier helping the defense make a stop for a no gain. Very good play from Jackson.

7:30- Derek Wolfe is lined up in a 4 technique and slants very hard on the snap. The Raven OC tries picking him up, but loses. He probably should have been called for a hold on the play.

Here is what i saw from the first quarter of the Giants game.

On the first play Moreno is stuffed, Franklin gets owned by Justin Tuck. There was nothing Moreno could have done.

13:47- Knowshon get's snuffed out on a running play, but the interior OL and Franklin looked very good on the play. Ramirez and Beadles double on the left side DT. Ramirez slides off and picks up an LB nearly 5 yards past the LOS. Beadles also wins his battle and the double allows him to get position on the DT 3 yards down the field. Vasquez and Franklin double the other DT and drive him nearly 5 yards past the LOS and in the process Franklin's big body is able to chip an LB. However, Clady gets beat badly by Mathias Kiwanuka who makes the play to stop Moreno for a no gain. The next play is the only play i have seen Vasquez lose in the 2 quarters off All 22 i have been able to watch. Linval Joseph comes off the ball quickly and beats Vasquez with his hands. Had the play not been executed as quickly by Manning Vasquez would have been in some trouble.

The Montee Ball fumble was a well blocked play by the Broncos. Beadles reaches (which isn't easy on Cullen Jenkins) and does enough to prevent Jenkins from making a tackle...though he was the player who caused the fumble. Ramirez doubles down on the head up DT on Vasquez and the 2 drive him outside the play. Between Beadles and Ramirez/Vasquez they create a nice running lane for Ball. All Ball had to do was break the arm tackle of Jenkins (which he did) and hold onto the football and this would easily have been a touchdown.

Defensively in this game i didn't see a whole lot.

In the 2 quarters of all 22 i must say the 2 players i have been most impressed with have been Vasquez and Jackson. Vasquez has won and won rather easily on nearly every play i have watched. Right now i would say he is easily worth the contract he received. Jackson appears versatile, quick, and strong. Honestly, his hand use in those 2 quarters is better than Wolfe's and i would give him an edge as the better player between the 2 because of it. That is a very good situation for Denver.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching through some of the game now to lift my spirits after the Clady news.

Man...Brandon Myers took some shots this game...no wonder he had his ribs and abdominals heavily bandaged Monday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: