Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Maybe you should give Moss and TO a call
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a troll thread right?

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
TheNutGronker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I'm completely ignoring the TO part of this thread. I don't think the 2013 Patriots season hinges on whether or not the Patriots bring in a veteran WR, but you can't just discount that really...what harm could it do? I'm all for giving the rookies the playing time, they need it. Don't give up on them. But when it comes to Moss, I mean the guy was playing football just 7 months ago, and you can't really deny the chemistry he and Brady had. Would it really hurt to bring him in as a 3rd or 4th option? Or Branch? Or Gaffney as Donut brought up?

2013 Adopt-a-Patriot: Rob "Is Wayne Brady Gonna Have To" Ninkovich
Tackles: 14 Sacks: 0 TFL: 2 FR: 1 FF: 1
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Moss going to ride the bench when Amendola and Gronk are healthy and one of the rookies starts to click? No. Is he going to take a vet min contract with no guaranteed money? No.

Bring in a veteran that can inconsequentially be released and preferably still be in the league in a truer sense.

There aren't really names out there that I would think gives us more than the rookies really. Steve Breaston is there but not healthy IIRC, Early Doucet, Braylon Edwards, Devery Henderson, Mohamed Massaquoi, David Nelson, Laurent Robinson, Chaz Schilens, Donte' Stallworth, Deion Branch, Jabar Gaffney.

I would rather suffer throw some growing pains than have most of these guys out there. Most would be just as if not more inconsistent, the rest are too old and washed up to make any kind of impact.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBT would never say no to Moss, but NBT knows Dobson will be all-world soon enough.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
NBT would never say no to Moss, but NBT knows Dobson will be all-world soon enough.

My god, even NBT is close to going with the younger higher upside guy over Moss. Even though it is only close, that still says a lot

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
rabbisson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2006/too-deep-zone-jerry-rice-rookie-bust

Guys, it's gonna be OK Wink.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Naq

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:

Well if that the case

Sign TEBOW NOW!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naq wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Well if that the case

Sign TEBOW NOW!

I think it was a sincere thread that someone genuinely wanted to get a good discussion out of but you guys completely derailed it with sarcasm and unnecessary mocking

2013 Adopt-a-Patriot: Rob "Is Wayne Brady Gonna Have To" Ninkovich
Tackles: 14 Sacks: 0 TFL: 2 FR: 1 FF: 1
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheNutGronker wrote:
Naq wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Well if that the case

Sign TEBOW NOW!

I think it was a sincere thread that someone genuinely wanted to get a good discussion out of but you guys completely derailed it with sarcasm and unnecessary mocking

Woah now, I contributed more than that

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheNutGronker wrote:
Naq wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Well if that the case

Sign TEBOW NOW!

The idea that the Pats should sign either Owens or Moss is bad. The original post went one step further suggesting that the Pats sign both. That's so crazy and obviously a bad idea that it's not going to generate serious responses.

Had the topic been 'do the Pats miss Deion Branch' or 'should the Pats bring back Gaffney?' it might have generated good discussion. Given that Moss and Owens are clearly finished, are sideshows and have barely played on the last 2+ seasons, I don't see how either - let alone both - would help. Throw in the circumstances under which Moss left and it's an even worse idea.

The Pats don't need guys to run in a straight line down the sideline - which is basically all Owens and Moss offer.

If someone had posted 'should the Pats call Kevin Faulk and Alger Crumpler?' that would be mocked too. Except I think that idea makes more sense. After all, receiving RB and blocking TE are needs, those guys were respected teammates and those guys were last effective around the same time as TO and Moss (2009/2010).

If the Pats have a need at WR it is for a savvy veteran mentor. That's not Moss nor Owens. Signing a pair of totally washed up me-first players isn't going to improve the team.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are very against the idea of Moss and T.O. here. And if there were to do it tomorrow I would be mad as well.

But let's say its week 12, none of the rookies have really caught on, and say Amendola or Gronk get hurt again. I think a lot of opinions would change after that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmacz008 wrote:
People are very against the idea of Moss and T.O. here. And if there were to do it tomorrow I would be mad as well.

But let's say its week 12, none of the rookies have really caught on, and say Amendola or Gronk get hurt again. I think a lot of opinions would change after that.

Owens hasn't caught a pass since December of 2010. By the time week 12 rolls around, it will be almost 3 full years since he suited up.

Moss hasn't been useful since 2009. At best, he has been an occasional decoy (I don't really buy that he's been highly successful in that role, but it's virtually the only role he's even arguably suited for at this point). The Pats don't need a decoy, they need a guy who can catch balls and run the right routes.

If the Pats are going into week 12 without Gronk or Amendola and the rookies are still useless, the team is probably 4-7 or 5-6 and in trouble anyway. At that point, a me-first guy who can do nothing but run a go route isn't going to save the team.

I suspect that if the rookies continue to have issues, the Pats will bring back someone like Jenkins or maybe Branch (though, is he even interested in playing?).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss can still burn, but he has little agility or explosiveness out of a 2nd or 3rd cut. I'd love him to return, but we are better off rolling with Dobs. Only if Dobs gets hurt should the superfreak play over him. A Dob-Moss combo would be nice, though.

Say what you will, Moss still has great speed & can turn it on with the best of them.

A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Moss can still burn, but he has little agility or explosiveness out of a 2nd or 3rd cut. I'd love him to return, but we are better off rolling with Dobs. Only if Dobs gets hurt should the superfreak play over him. A Dob-Moss combo would be nice, though.

Say what you will, Moss still has great speed & can turn it on with the best of them.

I don't see how that clip is impressive.

Who cares if he has speed? The Pats don't need someone to run 9 routes all day. And that's assuming he hasn't slowed down since last year, which he probably has.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

That clip proves nothing. it was a year ago and thats a long time for someone his age and He has been sitting in the studio all summer

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: