Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Maybe you should give Moss and TO a call
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Maybe you should give Moss and TO a call Reply with quote

I just responded to a thread in NFL General about the receiver situation, and was wondering what you thought of this. How about giving Randy Moss and TO a call? I think the two of them were so good that they probably still have enough left in the tank that, coming off the couch, they are better prospects than anyone else that is out there. Especially with both of them combined. Brady and Belichick are about the only ones who could control the two of them, but if they could, it sure would be an interesting combination along with Tom Brady and Gronk, when he gets back.

What do you think?

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

Big props to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBT is hacking peoples accounts now?

*Billy Spikes runs to change his password.
Tom Brady Tribute
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe you should give Moss and TO a call Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
I just responded to a thread in NFL General about the receiver situation, and was wondering what you thought of this. How about giving Randy Moss and TO a call? I think the two of them were so good that they probably still have enough left in the tank that, coming off the couch, they are better prospects than anyone else that is out there. Especially with both of them combined. Brady and Belichick are about the only ones who could control the two of them, but if they could, it sure would be an interesting combination along with Tom Brady and Gronk, when he gets back.

What do you think?

I think Jerry Rice might be a better fit for the offense personally. Hopefully Bellycheck is on the phone now but IMO he's too cheap. He'll probably bring in some guy with serious off field baggage like Michael Irvin (who is totally washed up if you ask me) and then cut him a few weeks later a la Haynesworth.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe you should give Moss and TO a call Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:

What do you think?

I think Jerry Rice might be a better fit for the offense personally. Hopefully Bellycheck is on the phone now but IMO he's too cheap. He'll probably bring in some guy with serious off field baggage like Michael Irvin (who is totally washed up if you ask me) and then cut him a few weeks later a la Haynesworth.

Why do you even...sigh

2013 Adopt-a-Patriot: Rob "Is Wayne Brady Gonna Have To" Ninkovich
Tackles: 14 Sacks: 0 TFL: 2 FR: 1 FF: 1
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss is nobody at this point whose ego is just not worth it anymore same w/ TO. We're better off going through growing pains w/ Thompkins than have 2 head cases who aren't that good. I'd rather make a hard push to Lloyd to come back or even Stallworth or Gaffney(moreso Gaffney than anyone else). The best option is to try and get Boyce Dobson and Thompkins ready
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
PoWww

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we bring in a washed up veteran WR to take away playing time from the rookies? It's going to take time for these WR's to develop. The Patriots and BB aren't in panic mode yet. They knew it was going to be a work in progress. Only way the rooks can develop is if they're on the field.

There's going to be growing pains. Give it time, they'll be shining come the end of the season.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should trade Dan Connolly for Emmanuel Sanders.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dog's breath smells like dog food.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should whip out my copy of Madden and see what trades I can pull off. BRB.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoWww wrote:
Why would we bring in a washed up veteran WR to take away playing time from the rookies? It's going to take time for these WR's to develop. The Patriots and BB aren't in panic mode yet. They knew it was going to be a work in progress. Only way the rooks can develop is if they're on the field.

There's going to be growing pains. Give it time, they'll be shining come the end of the season.

Because time is something the Patriots don't have much of. How many years does Brady have left?

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

Big props to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig!
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Because time is something the Patriots don't have much of. How many years does Brady have left?
He's said multiple times that he's playing at least until he's 40, and that's also when his contract goes through. That's four more years.
TheNutGronker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All ridiculous sarcastic responses aside, why not bring Deion Branch in? He's 34 years old, but he wouldn't be used with the same frequency as Welker or Danny, or Gronk etc. The Pats have put value on veteran receivers before, I wouldn't mind having someone like Branch come in as a situational player than can bail Brady out when the offense isn't clicking like we're used to

Donut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheNutGronker wrote:
All ridiculous sarcastic responses aside, why not bring Deion Branch in? He's 34 years old, but he wouldn't be used with the same frequency as Welker or Danny, or Gronk etc. The Pats have put value on veteran receivers before, I wouldn't mind having someone like Branch come in as a situational player than can bail Brady out when the offense isn't clicking like we're used to

Do you think he actually has anything left? If he did I think we'd see him in camp over Jenkins. I'd sooner reach out to Gaffney or possibly Jenkins than Branch. I wouldn't mind Gaffney back. His last yr he played he almost had 1000 yrds.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
TheNutGronker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
TheNutGronker wrote:

Do you think he actually has anything left? If he did I think we'd see him in camp over Jenkins. I'd sooner reach out to Gaffney or possibly Jenkins than Branch. I wouldn't mind Gaffney back. His last yr he played he almost had 1000 yrds.

I mean it was only 2 or 3 years ago he was making some nice plays in the passing game, and that was as the #2 WR behind Wes. I don't see why it would hurt to bring him in as the #3 or 4 WR and let him help out the offense without taking time away from the rookies

Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheNutGronker wrote:
At this point, I think there's a better chance of everything going right (running the right route, getting open, catching the ball) for Dobson or Thompkins than for Branch right now. He may be more reliable running the right route and catching the ball, but the guy was nearly useless when it came to getting open last season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: