Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Detroit Lions vs Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man turtle I want to smoke what you smoking... Very Happy

So you think someone in our backfield on D can actually defend again megatron? you think we are ready to defend against Bush? That Lions D i believe right now they are top 5 in defending against the rush, while we played horrible Defenses the first two weeks.

We need to come up BIG on offense and keep our D off the field to even have a remote chance and the way RGIII has been playing the first half of the games so far I don't get a warm and fuzzy.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
man turtle I want to smoke what you smoking... Very Happy

So you think someone in our backfield on D can actually defend again megatron?
one on one? No I don't, but no one in the league can, possibly if we double team him though, we can limit him to under 150 YDs receiving instead of over 200.

Quote:
you think we are ready to defend against Bush? That Lions D i believe right now they are top 5 in defending against the rush, while we played horrible Defenses the first two weeks.
if Bush gets popped a few time, he isn't the same player. We can't allow him to get in space as much, if we can plug some of the running lanes up (which is what our ILBs do best) then yes, I think we can limit him.

Quote:
We need to come up BIG on offense and keep our D off the field to even have a remote chance and the way RGIII has been playing the first half of the games so far I don't get a warm and fuzzy.
No doubt, but at some point our season will turn around, why not now?

Det has never beaten us at home. They aren't the same team outside the dome. That's one advantage we have over them.

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok turtle you got me out of my funk about this team a little.

But i want to see hustle by us, especially on D. I don't want to see RGIII take 2 quarters to look like he has warmed up. I want to see some tackles man, these guys suppose to be pros.

With their 4-3 D we can seal the edge and run some bootlegs and play action passes, we can't keep babying RGIII anymore. he is either healthy to play or not. if not get Cousins in there. We can't go 0-3 man, this is crazy.
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With our backs against the wall, I think we'll put up a halfway decent performance. We just need to get the run game going. ITS ALL ABOUT THE RUN GAME. That will free up RGIII on Play action, read option, etc. It will also help the offense sustain drives, which will keep Calvin and company off of the field. The combination of an improved run game and a sense of urgency should will this team to win.

Wishful thinking of course Very Happy
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we NEED to do is start a healthy QB but that ain't gonna happen .,. Cousins is healthy isn't he .. ?? Think
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:

But i want to see hustle by us, especially on D. I don't want to see RGIII take 2 quarters to look like he has warmed up. I want to see some tackles man, these guys suppose to be pros.
I totally agree.

I don't want to see RG3 struggle either. I really don't know why everyone is shocked that he's struggiling w/o a running game though. He never was a top of the line pocket passer and he's coming off his second major knee surgery.

The offensive game planning has to improve from Kyle and Mike. They have to absolutely comit to running the ball with Alfred Morris and Helu before getting pass happy. We need to get this offensive line going and the zone stretch play going. From what I saw, when Morris wasn't losing the ball the first two weeks, he was mostly getting good gains on the ground and Helu is a perfect change of pace for Morris.

Off of that, then you run the bootlegs and things should be wide open for RG3, which they aren't as much when he's just sitting in the pocket. If it's not there, then RG3 can easily run the ball for 5 to 10 yards a pop and slide or preferably get out of bounds.

A few things on the defense:

1. Rambo is getting better at tackling than he was in the preseason, it seems like very week he gets better. It's just something he's going to have to continue to work on. He made a few tackles last week, where if he didn't make them, it would have been a touchdown.

2. If you watched Orakpo closely, you'll notice that he's afraid he reach out to tackle someone with the arm where he tore his pec twice. Just like RG3, he's going to continue to get better and get more confident in that arm as the weeks go along.

3. I definitely noticed guys not trying as hard as they should have been on defense, several plays I didn't see guys hustle to come over and gang tackle Wrs or TEs. They just expected the other player to make the tackle and when the Packer player got away, our player didn't sprint to catch up to them- they seemed to jog.

This is going to come out when watching film. We all know that tackling is more about effort, than anything else. It's why Doughty is such a good tackler and other players arent on our defense sometimes, because Doughty always tries his hardest- no matter what.

I expect that this defense will get a ripping in from the coaching staff in flim session on their effort and on their blown assignments.

There is no doubt in my mind that our defense can be better. Injury, suspension and Fletcher's age are hurting our front 7 right now, but when Jenkins comes back, I expect us to be better up front. Inexperience is hurting our secondary with Rambo having to start (because he's our only true FS) and Amerson having to play so much at one of the CB postions, but I expect them to improve.

I mean, our talent level on D is really not that bad. I was listening to the Junkies this morning on 106.7 the fan and they were just dogging out talent on defense as that's the main problem and I almost called in (which I never do) because I couldn't believe it.

Our defense as currenlty constructed is better and healthier than the defense that finished the last 7 games of last year 9th in scoring defense, 19th against the pass and still 5th vs the run. They need a good a** chewing from the coaching staff on how much they've sucked and their effort has sucked the first two weeks of the season.

It's obvious they have the talent, our defense dominated first team offenses in preaseason except for the Chris Johnson run.

Quote:
With their 4-3 D we can seal the edge and run some bootlegs and play action passes, we can't keep babying RGIII anymore. He is either healthy to play or not. If not get Cousins in there. We can't go 0-3 man, this is crazy.
I really think RG3 is healthy enough to do whatever is asked of him. The coaches just have to just let RG3 be himself now, they have to free him. The man is going to succeed the only way he knows how to play and how he's played his whole life. They need to just let him be himself.

I've seen several times where he's had to make moves and he still has that explosion, he just has to get more comfortable in doing it and that will come in time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:

I totally agree.

I don't want to see RG3 struggle either. I really don't know why everyone is shocked that he's struggiling w/o a running game though. He never was a top of the line pocket passer and he's coming off his second major knee surgery.

The offensive game planning has to improve from Kyle and Mike. They have to absolutely comit to running the ball with Alfred Morris and Helu before getting pass happy. We need to get this offensive line going and the zone stretch play going. From what I saw, when Morris wasn't losing the ball the first two weeks, he was mostly getting good gains on the ground and Helu is a perfect change of pace for Morris.

Off of that, then you run the bootlegs and things should be wide open for RG3, which they aren't as much when he's just sitting in the pocket. If it's not there, then RG3 can easily run the ball for 5 to 10 yards a pop and slide or preferably get out of bounds.

A few things on the defense:

1. Rambo is getting better at tackling than he was in the preseason, it seems like very week he gets better. It's just something he's going to have to continue to work on. He made a few tackles last week, where if he didn't make them, it would have been a touchdown.

2. If you watched Orakpo closely, you'll notice that he's afraid he reach out to tackle someone with the arm where he tore his pec twice. Just like RG3, he's going to continue to get better and get more confident in that arm as the weeks go along.

3. I definitely noticed guys not trying as hard as they should have been on defense, several plays I didn't see guys hustle to come over and gang tackle Wrs or TEs. They just expected the other player to make the tackle and when the Packer player got away, our player didn't sprint to catch up to them- they seemed to jog.

This is going to come out when watching film. We all know that tackling is more about effort, than anything else. It's why Doughty is such a good tackler and other players arent on our defense sometimes, because Doughty always tries his hardest- no matter what.

I expect that this defense will get a ripping in from the coaching staff in flim session on their effort and on their blown assignments.

There is no doubt in my mind that our defense can be better. Injury, suspension and Fletcher's age are hurting our front 7 right now, but when Jenkins comes back, I expect us to be better up front. Inexperience is hurting our secondary with Rambo having to start (because he's our only true FS) and Amerson having to play so much at one of the CB postions, but I expect them to improve.

I mean, our talent level on D is really not that bad. I was listening to the Junkies this morning on 106.7 the fan and they were just dogging out talent on defense as that's the main problem and I almost called in (which I never do) because I couldn't believe it.

Our defense as currenlty constructed is better and healthier than the defense that finished the last 7 games of last year 9th in scoring defense, 19th against the pass and still 5th vs the run. They need a good a** chewing from the coaching staff on how much they've sucked and their effort has sucked the first two weeks of the season.

It's obvious they have the talent, our defense dominated first team offenses in preaseason except for the Chris Johnson run.

Quote:
With their 4-3 D we can seal the edge and run some bootlegs and play action passes, we can't keep babying RGIII anymore. He is either healthy to play or not. If not get Cousins in there. We can't go 0-3 man, this is crazy.
I really think RG3 is healthy enough to do whatever is asked of him. The coaches just have to just let RG3 be himself now, they have to free him. The man is going to succeed the only way he knows how to play and how he's played his whole life. They need to just let him be himself.

I've seen several times where he's had to make moves and he still has that explosion, he just has to get more comfortable in doing it and that will come in time.

Our entire running game last year worked off the "FEAR" of RG3 running..That fear is gone hence so is the running game. Stating the obvious I know .
Geronimo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should change "Operation patience" into "Operation: patience".
daboyle250

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:

Adding a semi-colon? Then what? Putting a capital P in Patience? Laughing

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a little shocked that some of you guys are freaking out like this!! We are one game out of the division! This is fixable! The Defense will be better once our Offense can keep them off the field!! Getting a big stop and our O going 3 and out is killing our D!!!! I agree we must run the ball better, and stay committed to it! Sustaining drives will keep us from getting in deep holes like the last 2 games! Lets face it...We have 2 Rookies starting in our secondary....this isnt our strength! A rookie corner and a rookie free safety with a special teamer playing strong safety is who we are! Our Offense has to sustain drives to keep us in games. I truely believe Griff will get his swag back! He just needs a few breaks to get his confidence back and we are off to the races! We were able to make adjustments and win out last year...Im sure we can do the same this year!!! If we can beat the Lions...which is doable...and beat the Raiders, we go into our bye 2-2 and we are right back in the hunt!!! Its not panic time!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
What we NEED to do is start a healthy QB but that ain't gonna happen .,. Cousins is healthy isn't he .. ?? Think
RG3 is healthy also and he's the franchise QB. Cousins is not our franchise qb.

do we want to totally ruin the relationship between the Shanahans' and RG3?

If you bench him now for Cousins, you're creating a quarter back controversy that we haven't seen since Jay Schroeder and Doug Williams 15 years ago. That could get very ugly and it would be even worse for the team.

Do you honestly think if we had started Kirk Cousins the past two weeks we would have won one of the two games?

The team played bad in every phase possible (except pass rushing) the past two weeks.

It would not have made a difference who our QB was. We haven't stuck with the running game. In the first game it was because of turnovers, in the second game it was because we were down early and abandoned the run.

Switching QBs now is not the answer and it doesn't fix our lack of a commitement to the run and it doesn't fix how poorly we've tackled. All it would do is cause a serious rift between RG3 and the Shanahan's and probably leave them looking for work at some point if Kirk didn't lead us to a winning season. And if Kirk did lead us to a winning season, then we'd be shopping RG3 because he'd demand a trade.

Switching QBs is just a horrible, horrible thought right now.

Possibly they shouldn't have started RG3 until after the bye week, but I guarentee you RG3 wouldn't have been happy about that and the team would still be struggling right now and sitting at 0-2 with Cousins as it's qb.

Then you'd be calling for the Shanahan's to switch QBs because the team is 0-2 with Cousins as it's qb and it must be all the qbs fault that we are losing.

One thing is for sure! When football teams lose, the most popular player on the team is always the back up QB to most football fans. Rolling Eyes
Geronimo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
Geronimo wrote:

Adding a semi-colon? Then what? Putting a capital P in Patience? Laughing

Right! Sorry, I always forget this strange (for me) rule.

So, yes! Operation: Patience. Like "Mission: Impossbile"
Geronimo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
Im a little shocked that some of you guys are freaking out like this!! We are one game out of the division! ...

Well, no, it's not that simple. Our game is already over at half time.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

Our entire running game last year worked off the "FEAR" of RG3 running..That fear is gone hence so is the running game. Stating the obvious I know .
You're actually not stating the obvious.

Alfred Morris and Roy Helu are both good running backs for our zbs blocking scheme.

Alred Morris can put up 100 + yards a game w/o RG3 being in the game or much of a threat to run at all, and so can Roy Helu.

1. Alfred Morris:

He is averaging 6.1 yards a carry this year and RG3 has been no threat to run at all. We just haven't run the ball enough, more often than not when he gets the ball he goes for positive yardage and he's broken a few for big gains.

Last year when RG3 was barely a threat to run the ball after he hurt his knee and Kirk Cousins played vs the Browns, Morris carried this offense to the playoffs.

In those final 4 games averaged 84 yards rushing a game, 4.6 yards a carry and had 6 touchdowns

2. Roy Helu:

In 2011 before RG3 was even drafted he had 640 yards rushing on 151 carries for a 4.2 yard average and that OL wasn't as good at run blocking as this OL is because Kory Lichtensteiger was out for the year with his knee injury.

Helu also only started 5 games in 2011. He had 3 straight 100 yard games where he averaged 111 yards a game, 4.6 yards a carry and he had 2 touchdowns.

Having the fear of RG3 as a runner was an added dimension that made our running game the best in the NFL beause RG3 added 815 yards to it, but we don't need him to do that to have a successful running game. If we just give it to our running backs enough, we will have one of the most successful running games in the NFL with Morris and Helu working in the zone stretch running plays.

I do expect RG3 to run for more yards as the season progresses and probably end up with 400 to 500 yards rushing. I also hope we start feeding these backs, because I think Morris can get at least 1200 yards this season and Helu can get 400 to 500 also as his back up.

This offense is predicated on the running game, we just need our Offensive Cooridinator and Head Coach to stick with the running game longer and it will pay its dividens for our overall offense, for RG3 in the passing game and for our defense because they won't be tired as much because our offense will sustain drives longer than it did the first two games.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geronimo wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
Im a little shocked that some of you guys are freaking out like this!! We are one game out of the division! ...

Well, no, it's not that simple. Our game is already over at half time.
I didn't realize the season ended after two games....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 2 of 29

Jump to: