Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Detroit Lions vs Washington Redskins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Week 3: Detroit Lions vs Washington Redskins Reply with quote

Where: FedEx Field
When: 1 pm
Why: Cause we have to.

This is simply going to be a game in which the Redskins have to win. We cannot rely on the rest of the division to keep losing. We have to start winning.

For those that think that RGIII should be sitting and letting Kirk Cousins earn his keep, you are clearly wrong. RGIII gives us the best chance to win and while we are losing at the moment, it is not going to be long before he has his game speed up to par and his confidence back. This is clearly not the issue that is hindering us from winning.

The defense is young at the secondary positions and we are allowing rookie mistakes to happen. Clearly we had our expectations higher than a kite when it came to our defense, but in essence, its clear that Fletcher is not playing to what he was, Orakpo is still adjusting. Kerrigan can't do it all. Having Jarvis Jenkins out for 4 games is hurting our DE play.

Brandon Meriweather seems to like to be injured. Bacarri Rambo needs to take better angles. Amerson needs to learn that he is not superman and that he has to play better in coverage.

We have a lot of young mistakes that need to be corrected.

The Read Option can work if we understand that we have to make RGIII a legitimate threat to get outside the pocket. We have to watch how Wilson does it and mimic what they do.

This game could get very ugly very fast if we do not correct a lot of mistakes that seem to be plaguing us.

We have to get pressure on Stafford.

We have to contain Reggie Bush.

We have to bracket Calving Johnson.

We have to S cover Fauria.

We have to secure that DL of the Lions and limit their pressure.

We have to run the ball effectively, and stretch them out.

We have to win. Period.

This is such a trap game because we do need to win, but Detroit can put up points in a hurry.

Lions 31
Redskins 24

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh yeah this game has me worried. Sad
Better run better run faster than RG3.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a trap game if the other team is better...
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk cousins does give us the best chance but the thing is you do that than griffin confidence goes down and a qb controvirsy begins.

No less if rg3 will not run read option expect some mysterious things .

Being said

Lions win 24-20 close game but this is a dark season.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there,we win by 10

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto! Excellent OP mike23md, just excellent! Cool

We continue the streak IMO. Detroit has never beaten us in Washington.

DC: 31
Det: 28

I think we establish the run early with Morris and Helu, we run some screens to get RG3 warmed up and stretch their D out.

I think our defense plays better and especially tackles better. I see us doubling Megatron with Hall and Rambo, make the other guys beat ya

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit 51 ,, Wash 2
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Detroit 51 ,, Wash 2

Really?

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Detroit 51 ,, Wash 2

Really?

o K, Hyperbole but still a Detroit blow out .. Crowd booing.. Cousins stewing. UGLY..No reasn for hope .. RG 3 won't be last years version till next year if ever.. A Peterson is truly the freak..!!
The defensive has taken a huge step back-Fletcher and Hall wouldn't be on any other team . Cofield one hand , Bowen has dissappeared, Golston -- well he is what he is-not much. Orakpo still one -trick pony. Riley is a good player but doesn't cover well.. Kerrigan is the only real deal on defense..
BTW- wonder why Nield was inactive-- still not 100% ?
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the debacle of the first two weeks, I can't say we win this one. But i will play by saying this:

IF

Our running game gets going:
we actually keep it within a score in the first half, by scorring some?
RGIII runs, or at least moves around in the pocket
Our WRs actually catch the ball
Our D doesn't make it sooooooooo easy for Detroit to score.
We get to Stafford like we did to Rodgers BUT continue the pressure
Bush doesn't play or he is limited because he is still hurting.

Then yea we win.....but that my friends are a lot of ifs.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the debacle of the first two weeks, I can't say we win this one. But i will play with by saying this:

IF

Our running game gets going:
we actually keep it within a score in the first half, by scorring some?
RGIII runs, or at least moves around in the pocket
Our WRs actually catch the ball
Our D doesn't make it sooooooooo easy for Detroit to score.
We get to Stafford like we did to Rodgers BUT continue the pressure
Bush doesn't play or he is limited because he is still hurting.

Then yea we win.....but that my friends are a lot of ifs.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Detroit 51 ,, Wash 2

Really?

o K, Hyperbole but still a Detroit blow out .. Crowd booing.. Cousins stewing. UGLY..No reasn for hope .. RG 3 won't be last years version till next year if ever.. A Peterson is truly the freak..!!

The defensive has taken a huge step back-Fletcher and Hall wouldn't be on any other team . Cofield one hand , Bowen has dissappeared, Golston -- well he is what he is-not much. Orakpo still one -trick pony. Riley is a good player but doesn't cover well.. Kerrigan is the only real deal on defense..

BTW- wonder why Nield was inactive-- still not 100% ?

Rg3 and AD had different injuries and the coaching staff is handcuffing RG3 right now for fear of the media going off on them and people like us (the fans) going off on them if RG3 were to have something to happen to him again.

Seriously, the Shanahan's can't win right now. I don't envy their jobs at all, except that pay check! Laughing

I really think people are overacting about the defense as well. It has not taken a major step backwards.

The problem we are having is injuries, suspensions, we have faced two dynamic offenses, we have a rookie 6th round FS and a rookie nickle CB and we have the same starting corners as last year- whom weren't very good without the front getting pressure, but you can't pressure Aaron Rodgers because he gets rid of the ball to fast and it's hard to pressure Michael Vick because of his threat to run.

Stephen Bowen has been just fine, it's clear that in tackling Cofield is having problems because as you said he has only one hand.

Orakpo is not a one trick pony. Orakpo is also coming off two torn pectoral muscles withing 9 months of each other and major surgery to fix it- twice! He and Rg3 are just working the kinks out and getting back into game shape and used to playing after having a lot of time off. Rak didn't even play for 16.5 games last year.

I don't know what people expect of these players?

They are not supermen, it takes time to get aclimated back.

The defense is fine IMO. I believe they will start playing better in time. Jarvis will be back in a few games and then the left side of our DL will be sured up.

Amerson and Rambo are only going to improve as secondary players which means that the second half of the season our secondary should be light years better than it is right now.

It's true that Fletcher and Riley aren't good in coverage, and that's another reason why we've struggled over the middle, but it is what it is, we can't change that now. I think we should blitz them more, because they are both better at blitzing than they are in coverage.

As for Neild, he was inactive because of who we played. Green Bay is a passing team, so with that being the case we carried an extra defensive end (Phillip Merling) to hopefully get more of a pass rush on Rodgers without blitzing.

There is no doubt in my mind that this team will turn it around. There is not doubt in my mind that RG3 will get back to his old self within the next month, Orakpo will get more consistent, as will our rookie DBs.

There is serioulsy no where to go but up right now, and I think everyone should realize that. The two teams we faced were not easy opponents for the first two weeks of the season, we should only be better from this game forward.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turtle, I've been looking for those rose colored glasses in Richmond,, but along w/ the bucket hats.. They just can't be found ! Laughing
Last year, I could feel the turnaround coming .. RG3 was sooooo dynamic.. and I felt the defense would improve ,,and they did .. But this year , London = playing with 10 men on defense.. His ankle surgery has finished him and Hall's a liability.
Alas, I'll probably give in to my wife and my new dog on Sundays and DVR a bunch of games.. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Turtle, I've been looking for those rose colored glasses in Richmond,, but along w/ the bucket hats.. They just can't be found ! Laughing
Last year, I could feel the turnaround coming .. RG3 was sooooo dynamic.. and I felt the defense would improve ,,and they did .. But this year , London = playing with 10 men on defense.. His ankle surgery has finished him and Hall's a liability.

Alas, I'll probably give in to my wife and my new dog on Sundays and DVR a bunch of games.. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
nah. London is the same as he was last year, we've just played two offenses that don't run the ball conventionally or much at all.

IMO Keil should have been on the field more last game because GB throws so much.

RG3 keeps looking better and better and we aren't even running our full offense yet, which I believe we will soon with the stretch- zone blocking runs with Morris and Helu and then play action and bootlegs off of that. The few times they've "LET" Rg3 run a bootleg play, he's hit a wide open WR for a ten yard gain.

It just takes time for everyone to get back on the same page after an entire offseason where they really didn't practice with RG3 out there with them.

If we run the ball more effectively with Morris and Helu, I fully expect us to beat Detroit, Oakland and Dallas in our next three games.

The main problem with our defense is that they've been on the field for nearly 30 minutes each of the our games first halves and its not All just because they can't get off the field, it's because we aren't running the ball enough, and our D is worn out by the second quarter. if we cant run, or complete passes at 5+ yds a clip our D isnt going to be as good. we need to sustain drives on offense, we are also committing stupid penalties on offense which take back good plays we have and that's killing drives.

All of these things can be fixed. This team has the talent to be a playoff team, it just needs to work the kinks out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29

Jump to: