Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kroy Biermann, Bradie Ewing out for the year.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terrell123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
not worried about losing Ewing... but Snelling can take his role easily.
Well why wasn't he the starting fb then? Hell, he's been here like 4ever. Because Smith TD and Koetter loved Ewing and expected him to be a part of our plan this year. If not why the hell did we keep him on the roster? Couldve just gave the job to Snelling. Especially after we signed Jackson. I guess they wanted a backup fullback?? Either way, if we were counting on either guy(Ewing or Bierman) as to being a HUGE part in us winning a Championship, we're in trouble.

Last edited by terrell123 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Well why wasn't he the starting fb then? Hell, he's been here like 4ever. Because Smith TD and Koetter loved Ewing and expected him to be a part of our plan this year. If not why the hell did we keep him on the roster? Couldve just gave the job to Snelling. Especially after we signed Jackson. I guess they wanted a backup fullback?? Either way, if we were counting on either guy(Ewing or Bierman) as to winning a Championship, we're in trouble.

You were just complaining that we have no depth... someone mentions we have another starting caliber fb on the roster and your soloution is to cut the back up? Please explain.
terrell123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Well why wasn't he the starting fb then? Hell, he's been here like 4ever. Because Smith TD and Koetter loved Ewing and expected him to be a part of our plan this year. If not why the hell did we keep him on the roster? Couldve just gave the job to Snelling. Especially after we signed Jackson. I guess they wanted a backup fullback?? Either way, if we were counting on either guy(Ewing or Bierman) as to winning a Championship, we're in trouble.

You were just complaining that we have no depth... someone mentions we have another starting caliber fb on the roster and your soloution is to cut the back up? Please explain.
Never said a word about depth. And if fb's mean nothing, why in hell did we have 2 on the roster. All Im saying is Bradie was a part of our plan just as Kroy was. Whos more important? I could care less.

Last edited by terrell123 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Never said a word about depth.

Maybe pay more attention to the statements you agree with?
terrell123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Never said a word about depth.

Maybe pay more attention to the statements you agree with?
Wtf? Someone said Ewing was looking like a wasted pick, and he is. And then dude said it doesn't matter cause he was a 5th rd pick. That's absurd. Has nothing to do with where he was picked. Evidentally they had plans for Ewing if he was the starter. But who cares? Both players are just avg anyway. And yeah its great to have depth at fullback and NONE whatsoever in the trenches. Hell the starters are even shaky. And youre bragging on our depth at fb? That's the ticket to the SB I tell ya. Rolling Eyes
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
And then dude said it doesn't matter cause he was a 5th rd pick. That's absurd. Has nothing to do with where he was picked.
No, THAT'S absurd. A first round miss is not the same as a first round miss. Missing on a fifth round pick is like realizing you lost a buck.

Now I'll wait for you to put words into my mouth and somehow come to the conclusion that I think all fifth round picks are worthless and won't amount to anything.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yall are arguing over semantics. I think Snelling gave us more for a roster spot than Ewing. We put him on IR and well prob bring in another OL. I thought Snelling should handle the FB duties anyways. He can carry the ball, help in the pass game, and I think he really gives us a spark. Very underrated IMO. Ewing showed flashes of brilliance but its not a big deal.

Kroy hurts but Bartu has shown flashes and we've got depth at DE. Someone has to step up out of Massaquoi Goodman and Maponga. Maybe we sign a DB since Samuel is hurt or a WR since White is hurt.

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!
JFalconFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone think we bring in Merriman or Seymour to help with pass rush. I really hope not Merriman. I would like Seymour. He'd fit the scheme nicely since Bartu can do what Kroy did at LB.

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFalconFan wrote:
Does anyone think we bring in Merriman or Seymour to help with pass rush. I really hope not Merriman. I would like Seymour. He'd fit the scheme nicely since Bartu can do what Kroy did at LB.

I would love Seymour, but Merriman is a problem child that TD won't even consider.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
And then dude said it doesn't matter cause he was a 5th rd pick. That's absurd. Has nothing to do with where he was picked.
No, THAT'S absurd. A first round miss is not the same as a first round miss. Missing on a fifth round pick is like realizing you lost a buck.

Now I'll wait for you to put words into my mouth and somehow come to the conclusion that I think all fifth round picks are worthless and won't amount to anything.
Say what? Laughing OK. It's still a wasted pick. And who said it was the same as missing on an early rdr? I never said a thing about Chevis, Owens, Jerry, Baker, Lofton(a 2 down Lb that we let walk for nothing. Then replaced him with a 3rd rdr whos avg at best), Sidbury, Mike Johnson, Hawley, etc.................................... I guess they weren't wasted picks either. smh. Talking about putting words in somebodys mouth. Btw, "missing on a fifth rd pick is like realizing you lost a buck". Not when you you went with the weakest olineman in the draft(hoping for a miracle) in the 2nd(Konz). And an unknown LT from Southern Miss in the 3rd.(Holmes). So its more like realizing you just lost the winning lottery ticket. Wink

Last edited by terrell123 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:46 am; edited 3 times in total
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough injuries for you guys. Who is replacing them as starters, out of curiosity?

Nacho Simulation Football League
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Tough injuries for you guys. Who is replacing them as starters, out of curiosity?

as of right now, I'd say the next men up on the depth chart are Jason Snelling or Patrick DiMarco at fullback and Jonathan Massaquoi at defensive end with Joplo Bartu at SLB.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

Say what? Laughing OK. It's still a wasted pick. And who said it was the same as missing on an early rdr? I never said a thing about Chevis, Owens, Jerry, Baker, Lofton(a 2 down Lb that we let walk for nothing. Then replaced him with a 3rd rdr whos avg at best), Sidbury, Mike Johnson, Hawley, etc.................................... I guess they weren't wasted picks either. smh. Talking about putting words in somebodys mouth. Btw, "missing on a fifth rd pick is like realizing you lost a buck". Not when you you went with the weakest olineman in the draft(hoping for a miracle) in the 2nd(Konz). And an unknown LT from Southern Miss in the 3rd.(Holmes). So its more like realizing you just lost the winning lottery ticket. Wink

It's as simple as this....Ewing is in fact a waste of a pick. Yes, he was drafted in the the 5th but he was a waste of a 5th round pick because he can't stay healthy and contribute. No one has a crystal ball but this is a results business and TD's drafting in this case didn't give the team positive results from the pick of Ewing.

I saw someone mention that Fullbacks don't win championships? Two very good playoff teams had great fullbacks on their roster last year. Seattle (Robinson) and Baltimore(Leach). Ask Rice and Lynch how they feel about that? Snellling isn't a better bruiser than Ewing. He is more versitile but as far as being a true FB, Ewing is better than Snelling. This will hurt already an mediocre run offense.

As for Kroy...he is a great pawn piece in this game of chess we call our defense. But he is far from an impact player some think he is. It will hurt but it should be replaced easily. At some point a young guy has to emerge. TD can't keep hiding behind his subpar defensive picks. Bashing TD doesn't give a true fan pleasure. But facts are facts and TD just isn't a very strong defensive GM. And that is weird because he has a defensive HC. Hopefully these young guys step up. If they don't then the crtics will come out and they should. But no one here wants TD to fail.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

It's as simple as this....Ewing is in fact a waste of a pick. Yes, he was drafted in the the 5th but he was a waste of a 5th round pick because he can't stay healthy and contribute. No one has a crystal ball but this is a results business and TD's drafting in this case didn't give the team positive results from the pick of Ewing.

I saw someone mention that Fullbacks don't win championships? Two very good playoff teams had great fullbacks on their roster last year. Seattle (Robinson) and Baltimore(Leach). Ask Rice and Lynch how they feel about that? Snellling isn't a better bruiser than Ewing. He is more versitile but as far as being a true FB, Ewing is better than Snelling. This will hurt already an mediocre run offense.

As for Kroy...he is a great pawn piece in this game of chess we call our defense. But he is far from an impact player some think he is. It will hurt but it should be replaced easily. At some point a young guy has to emerge. TD can't keep hiding behind his subpar defensive picks. Bashing TD doesn't give a true fan pleasure. But facts are facts and TD just isn't a very strong defensive GM. And that is weird because he has a defensive HC. Hopefully these young guys step up. If they don't then the crtics will come out and they should. But no one here wants TD to fail.

I won't get onto everything else, I'll just contest that Ewing being a wasted pick. We clearly feel he can play and there's no real reason to think injuries will happen for him every year.

Still plenty of time fir him to contribute.
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

I won't get onto everything else, I'll just contest that Ewing being a wasted pick. We clearly feel he can play and there's no real reason to think injuries will happen for him every year.

Still plenty of time fir him to contribute.

Will see, but players who tend to be injury prone rarely shake that stigma. Hopefully Ewing will.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: