Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kroy Biermann, Bradie Ewing out for the year.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terrell123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Ewing seems to be a waste of a draft pick. That is very unfortunate. This team has depth issues. I suppose a lot of teams do as well but when you are in "Superbowl of Bust" mode you have to have adequate depth. Do we bring in another FB?

It also is time for these young DE's to step it up. If you are going to tell me that the loss of Kroy (who I think is a very good player for what he was projected to be) is going to cost you the season then you shouldnt even suit up on gameday. His production should be easily replaced by these young guys. If not then our scouting department needs a serious overhaul.
Ewing seems to be "another" waste of a draft pick. Fixed it 4 ya.
Good god. The dude was a late fifth round pick and is in his second year.
He was also the ONLY fb on the team. So they obviously expected him to be a piece of our "win now" puzzle. Call it what you want.
terrell123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Biermann being lost for the year is a huge blow. Why can't the NFL go into settings and turn injuries off? Smh.
How can you say that? After all, Biermann was a 5th rd pick. smmfh
terrell123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Ewing seems to be a waste of a draft pick. That is very unfortunate. This team has depth issues. I suppose a lot of teams do as well but when you are in "Superbowl of Bust" mode you have to have adequate depth. Do we bring in another FB?

It also is time for these young DE's to step it up. If you are going to tell me that the loss of Kroy (who I think is a very good player for what he was projected to be) is going to cost you the season then you shouldnt even suit up on gameday. His production should be easily replaced by these young guys. If not then our scouting department needs a serious overhaul.

There were several fifth round picks who didn't make their own teams roster. Ewing has shown talent, just seems to be injury probe. That hardly means a waste of a pick.

And since when has fullback depth ever kept any team from the SB? This loss hurts, but we'll replace him and it won't hurt us. It's no big deal.
Exactly. Ragging on TD seems to be the cool thing to do.
I guess posting "In TD I trust" is the cool thing to do?? lmao. I guess youre one of those guys. Sorry if I offended you. Forgive me. And btw, our late rds make the team because most of our 1st 2nd and 3rd rds aren't worth a damn.

Last edited by terrell123 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

He was also the ONLY fb on the team. So they obviously expected him to be a piece of our "win now" puzzle. Call it what you want.

He was also A FULLBACK. FULLBACKS DONT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
terrell123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

Nope. But theyre a part of it. This is a TEAM game. And if fullbacks mean nothing, WHY WASTE A 5TH RD PICK ON HIM?
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Biermann being lost for the year is a huge blow. Why can't the NFL go into settings and turn injuries off? Smh.
Lol, wut? My comment has nothing to do with where he was drafted and/or being a wasted draft pick. Biermann impacts the game more than Ewing does. Simple as that.

Last edited by swoosh on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

Nope. But theyre a part of it. This is a TEAM game. And if fullbacks mean nothing, WHY WASTE A 5TH RD PICK ON HIM?
Nobody said fullbacks don't mean anything, but Ewing is not nearly as important to the success of this team as Biermann is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Lol, wut? My comment has nothing to do with where he was drafted and/or being a wasted draft pick. Biermann impacts the game more than Ewing does. Simple as that.
meant for whoever said 5ht rd picks don't matter. If he didn't matter he wouldn't be on the team.
terrell123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

Nobody said fullbacks don't mean anything, but Ewing is not nearly as important to the success of this team as Biermann is.
Who said he was? Im just defending the guy who said he's looking like a wasted pick. Which he is. Doesn't matter when youre picked if youre on the freakin team.
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
meant for whoever said 5ht rd picks don't matter. If he didn't matter he wouldn't be on the team.
I'm pretty sure you're putting words into people's mouth. I don't believe anyone said fifth round picks don't matter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
I'm pretty sure you're putting words into people's mouth. I don't believe anyone said fifth round picks don't matter.

No one did. Its him realizing how pathetic his argument is and trying to embellish greatly.
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

Let's put this simply. The Falcons needed a fullback. They spend a fifth round pick on the best one in the draft who doesn't have an injury history. He shows flashes in camp, but turns out to be oft injured. It's just a fifth round pick in the end. We cut him and move on.

You just can't predict injuries. The Falcons used their pick on a position of need and it didn't work out. It happens. If every late round pick panned out, the NFL would be turned upside down.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
terrell123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

I think you guys are overvaluing Troy. Hybrid guys like that come a dime a dozen. But schwateva. Put him on a great defense and you wouldn't even know he was out there. Cant rush the passer to save his life and avg at best in pass coverage. But if you think he's great, so be it. I don't see it. Btw, how about asking Koetter if he thinks Ewing was supposed to be an important piece this year. And Let me know what he says.

Last edited by terrell123 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not worried about losing Ewing... but Snelling can take his role easily.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:

I think you guys are overvaluing Troy. Hybrid guys like that come a dime a dozen. But schwateva. Put him on a great defense and you wouldn't even know he was out there. Cant rush the passer to save his life and avg at best in pass coverage. But if you think he's great, so be it. I don't see it.
Again, putting words in people's mouth. Nobody said Kroy was great, but you have to acknowledge his importance to the team. Keep digging.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: