Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DaReal Week 3 GDT: Rams at Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
ajhicks11 wrote:
The saddest part of it all is that those Cow fans just don't know how great they are.

I mean.. I know we are pretty great. But feel free to tell us more.

I, myself, tend to err on the side of modesty, but the recognition is flattering.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
Put me in on this sig bet. Nobody invades our forum gets away with it!

As far as the game goes. I'm predicting the Romocoaster will be derailed.

Thats it... embrace the hate

Sig courtesy of mack.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
lol at him saying that we realize we are still the rams.

Its funny, because the cowboys are much worst. You SHOULD be making playoffs. You SHOULDVE been winning divisions. But you have nothing to show with all that talent on your team, year after year. The rams are a tease but the cowboys are the ULTIMATE tease.

Whoa... The rams haven't had a winning record in a decade. The only teasing they've done over the past 10 years is whether they'll actually have the number 1 pick in the draft or have to settle for #2 AGAIN. Really, the only thing that separates the rams from the jaguars is the rams had the good fortune of really sucking the year Andrew Luck and RGIII both entered the draft. You were able to fleece the redskins. Good on you for that. But, as dysfunctional as the cowboys are... The rams have been terrible for the better part of a decade.

What I mean by we are a tease is that we show glimpses of being better than we are at multiple times during the season but never live up to that- just like the cowboys.

Last year despite having the much better team you guys finished with a whopping half a win more than us.

Both qbs had injury riddled seasons but Sam again had 7 wins his rookie year and in 2011 the cowboys had 8 wins.

So really, since Sam has been here you guy havent been much better than us at all. Which is sad.

I really don't get what you are trying to say. Sam was the #1 overall pick. Andrew Luck, RGIII and Russell Wilson immediately turned their teams into playoff contenders. Frankly, that's what you expect from the #1 pick. The that rams haven't even reached 8-8 with Sam despite all of the high draft picks the rams have had. The cowboys underwent a major rebuilding starting in 2011. The rams had been rebuilding for years but had the advantage of having their pick of top end talent nearly every draft.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I picture jrry

Sig courtesy of mack.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
lol at him saying that we realize we are still the rams.

Its funny, because the cowboys are much worst. You SHOULD be making playoffs. You SHOULDVE been winning divisions. But you have nothing to show with all that talent on your team, year after year. The rams are a tease but the cowboys are the ULTIMATE tease.

Whoa... The rams haven't had a winning record in a decade. The only teasing they've done over the past 10 years is whether they'll actually have the number 1 pick in the draft or have to settle for #2 AGAIN. Really, the only thing that separates the rams from the jaguars is the rams had the good fortune of really sucking the year Andrew Luck and RGIII both entered the draft. You were able to fleece the redskins. Good on you for that. But, as dysfunctional as the cowboys are... The rams have been terrible for the better part of a decade.

What I mean by we are a tease is that we show glimpses of being better than we are at multiple times during the season but never live up to that- just like the cowboys.

Last year despite having the much better team you guys finished with a whopping half a win more than us.

Both qbs had injury riddled seasons but Sam again had 7 wins his rookie year and in 2011 the cowboys had 8 wins.

So really, since Sam has been here you guy havent been much better than us at all. Which is sad.

I really don't get what you are trying to say. Sam was the #1 overall pick. Andrew Luck, RGIII and Russell Wilson immediately turned their teams into playoff contenders. Frankly, that's what you expect from the #1 pick. The that rams haven't even reached 8-8 with Sam despite all of the high draft picks the rams have had. The cowboys underwent a major rebuilding starting in 2011. The rams had been rebuilding for years but had the advantage of having their pick of top end talent nearly every draft.

A few things to this. Prior to the Rams drafting Same #1 overall there was a systemic problem of horrible drafting and even worse free agent signings. Within two years of Fisher and Sneed taking over the roster has almost entirely changed over. The majority of the players drafted by the prior regime aren't even in the NFL anymore. The level of bad drafting that went on in St Louis is hard to put into words. No single player could ever have made those Rams drafts look good. Luck was drafted to a team that was 10-6 and lost a playoff game by a point prior to losing Peyton for a year. While not a great team it has/had a lot more talent than the Rams when Sam joined them.

Wilson joined a team that was for years floating right around .500. They weren't a great team but had an exceptional defense with enough pieces on offense that he was able to boost them into the playoffs at the same time the defense took a major leap and they turned that home field into the biggest advantage in the NFL.

Most people around here will probably speak about Sam the same way Cowboys fans do about Romo. Some like him and some hate him. Most of the people who like Sam around here are still frustrated by his maddening ability to be amazingly inconsistent. We see glimpses of the #1 pick talent we hope he could be. Then he'll turn around and throw it like Jamarcus Russel.

Personally this is the year for him to put up or shut up. He finally has some receivers who can catch the ball and do positive things with it. The OLine is old and has enough injuries on it, but he hasn't been pressured a lot lately even with that. Our running game leaves a lot to be desired but they do seem to pass protect well enough.

So you're right, Sam hasn't turned around a team like you'd hope a #1 pick would. But not many #1 pick QB's turn a franchise around all by themselves. Most take a couple years of good drafting around them.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Lets just clear up some things you are claiming here...

Russell Wilson took over a team that just had back to back 7-9 seasons led by the 33 year old Matt Hasselbeck and then Tavaris Jackson. Which included a playoff berth...

Speaking of that playoff berth, Sam's rookie year the Rams were actually a playoff contender, they were thwarted in the very last game of the season on the road in Seattle, where they actually tied for the Division by Record, just got beat out by tiebreakers.

And you want to mention the High Picks, you do realize that the Rams have yet to draft a player higher than #14 since picking Sam #1 overall... And how are the likes of Tye Hill, Joe Klopfenstein, Adam Carriker, Brian Leonard, Donnie Avery & Jason Smith (the high draft picks you speak of) all Sam's fault?
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good ElRammy is back from his recent exploits at Comicon

Sig courtesy of mack.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
iRaMs wrote:

Not really hate when everything and there brother knows that Tony is one of the most up and down players in the league.

Again not hating. I've always supported the Romocoaster, I love amusement parks.

NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
iRaMs wrote:

Not really hate when everything and there brother knows that Tony is one of the most up and down players in the league.

Again not hating. I've always supported the Romocoaster, I love amusement parks.

Not true at all. Romo is consistently solid-good with an iffy-bad game like 2-3 times a season.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
El ramster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck girl.

[img]http://www.tntdownunder.com/image.php/media/content/_master/48118/images/michelle-jenneke-sports-illustrated3.jpg?file=media%2Fcontent%2F_master%2F48118%2Fimages%2Fmichelle-jenneke-sports-illustrated3.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
D9-EM wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Using your own words and challenging to a sig bet while having a healthy debate is trolling? Im going to have to disagree

Rolling Eyes
From the Cowboys forum...
MaddHatter wrote:
We own their GDT

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=16788822#16788822

This whole thread is a troll attempt. And, you call jrry making you look silly a healthy debate? Get real.

MaddHatter, I'm sorry but you don't own anything. Coming in and setting up a thread for the sole purpose of "no one talks smack about my boys!" rather than just waiting 2 days to let us do our thing is not owning jack my friend. Sit back, getcha popcorn ready, and let me show you how we do things in Ramsville.

I'll keep the thread open because there is some good discussion going on, and that's what this forum is about. But if this becomes a urination competition, I'm shutting it down.

That being said...why go hang out in this swimming pool when you can be in.....A GLORIOUS WATERFALL MADE OF BEER?!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=531099

It's up, folks. Sorry for the delay. And yes, like I said, I'm still keeping this one open.

As i stated before, I think it was wrong for one of our fans to start a GDT on here. Ive never seen it done in our fourm and guys in there would go nuts if someone did, and that was nice catch from Dez Smile
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good games guys. I come bearing gifts for a select few of you...

Rams Participants

Jrry22
MARIO MANGELINI
El Rammed
S-Jax39
Tom Shean
Brodie
Titan52490
Faulk28SJax39
DEE RAWL
Riftt
iRaMs

Rams sig:

Code:
[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2drdqhk.jpg[/img]

Enjoy your sigs for the next 2 weeks. El Rammed, I'm told you get to enjoy yours for the next month.

Good luck against the 49ers!!!
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It waa fun boys and I enjoyed the back and forth discussions

Sig courtesy of mack.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy your quick one and done.. The Atlanta Hawks of the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Enjoy your quick one and done.. The Atlanta Hawks of the NFL.

Enjoy your top 5 draft pick... The St. Louis Rams of the NFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: