Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos LT Ryan Clady placed on season ending IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Broncos_Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Clark will step in and do a good job. This isnt the end of the world.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Unless his injury is serious enough that he absolutely won't be able to play again until after the superbowl, then I don't like this move.

We should maybe look into a trade for someone like Branden Albert or Eugene Monroe.

That kind of investment [new contract because both are on one year deals plus draft picks, at least a 2nd round pick maybe more] for one season? and what will you do next season? bench Franklin who's doing pretty good? not to mention pay those guys LT money to play RT.

That just makes very little sense.
Wouldn't bother with a new contract. I'd pay like a second round pick for a single season of production, when we have such a tight window.

Spend at least a 2nd round pick for just 14+ games and thats it? you think that's a good thing for a team to do?

If it wins you a superbowl, in what's more or less your last year of your window, then yes.

A) This is week 2, you have no idea if you will win the SB by making a trade of an offensive lineman.

B) If you make a trade like this and not with the SB, you set your team even further back from possibly winning it in the future. Teams need cheap contracts [for 4 years] of good players in order to stay above the salary cap and be competitive.
Tom Brady Tribute
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping he could come back by week 11. Bummer. This wont prevent us from making the playoffs or maybe even the super bowl, but when you get that far the team we will face will likely have a great pass rush (SF, Seattle). This is where this injury is really gonna hurt us. On the bright side, the team thought enough of Clark to extend him for two seasons, even paying him more than Manny Ramirez, so their confidence in him must be pretty high.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Unless his injury is serious enough that he absolutely won't be able to play again until after the superbowl, then I don't like this move.

We should maybe look into a trade for someone like Branden Albert or Eugene Monroe.

That kind of investment [new contract because both are on one year deals plus draft picks, at least a 2nd round pick maybe more] for one season? and what will you do next season? bench Franklin who's doing pretty good? not to mention pay those guys LT money to play RT.

Wouldn't bother with a new contract. I'd pay like a second round pick for a single season of production, when we have such a tight window.

Spend at least a 2nd round pick for just 14+ games and thats it? you think that's a good thing for a team to do?

If it wins you a superbowl, in what's more or less your last year of your window, then yes.

I think you and our FO are looking through vastly different windows.

You're staring through that tiny little one in the motel bathroom while they're looking out the "BIG PICTURE" window in their office.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the fact that some of the amateur GMs in here think this means the world has ended, and no doubt it sucks, the reality is that the team trusts Chris Clark, and the team will continue to move forward and win games. I know Clark gets a lot of hate, and like I said, he's not Clady, but he's not as bad as people think either. I think we will be fine.

The suggestion that we should trade, of all things, a second round pick to a division rival for a 14 game rental of an OT is one of the dumber suggestions I have seen on this board. That's not happening, and this isn't baseball or basketball. These season rental things don't work in football. The offensive line will be fine, it will require some adjustment, but good teams are able to adjust and move on. Remember when GB won the SB? They had like 15 guys on IR.

Thanks, Tzimisce
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facing this much adversity can only make this team stronger. You look at the teams that went to the Super Bowl, they've had to overcome injuries to get there. With our "next man up" attitude, I like our chances.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Well, if Beadles struggles, Monroe could have long-term value. He can play RT next year when Clady returns, and Franklin can move to LG where he belongs.

They should send the newly-signed Winston Justice and a third-rounder to the Jags for Monroe. They can switch Joeckel to LT, and Justice can play RT. He is better than anyone else they have now besides Joeckel and Monroe.

In what way is this realistic? Why would Denver sign someone and then expect that they could trade the newly signed player and a pick for someone else? That's absolutely not happening.

And what is this garbage about Frankling "belonging" at LG? Outside of Vasquez, who is an animal, is anyone really going to argue that Franklin is the next best OL? He's a Top 5 RT in football right now. Why would we give that up? People need to stop grasping to the notion that he's a OG playing RT, because plain and simple, he isn't.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BullsandBroncos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Well, if Beadles struggles, Monroe could have long-term value. He can play RT next year when Clady returns, and Franklin can move to LG where he belongs.

They should send the newly-signed Winston Justice and a third-rounder to the Jags for Monroe. They can switch Joeckel to LT, and Justice can play RT. He is better than anyone else they have now besides Joeckel and Monroe.

In what way is this realistic? Why would Denver sign someone and then expect that they could trade the newly signed player and a pick for someone else? That's absolutely not happening.

And what is this garbage about Frankling "belonging" at LG? Outside of Vasquez, who is an animal, is anyone really going to argue that Franklin is the next best OL? He's a Top 5 RT in football right now. Why would we give that up? People need to stop grasping to the notion that he's a OG playing RT, because plain and simple, he isn't.

Amen. He's the last dude I'd want to have to lineup over for a short yardage play or running down.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

There have been analysts that said that Franklin can be dominant as a LG.

If they do make a trade such as above, it would be best for the team to move him there next year when Ryan returns.

However, I don't see a trade like that happening. I was just giving another point of view to the person who said that the trade would just be for this season.

And, I want to make this point: Denver lost Clady for the year. It sucks. However, injuries affect everyone. Look at the Pats with Gronkowski, or the Ravens with Oher and J. Jones. We are in better shape than those teams.

Also, NE doesn't have any WR's, and the Ravens have benched FA Michael Huff (who was supposed to replace Ed Reed) with rookie Matt Elam, the guy who was supposed to be a SS.

Another contender, the Bengals, beat Pittsburgh, but Dalton didn't look great. And, while the Chiefs are 2-0, they weren't dominant at home against Dallas.

I still like Denver's chances. They will be in New York in early February, and they can still win this thing.
marktheshark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance Clady can be back for the playoffs?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marktheshark wrote:
Any chance Clady can be back for the playoffs?

No. Season-ending IR.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clark looks garbage enough against backups in preseason. I fear for him against real players. Maybe need to play a TE permanently on that side for extra protection
hibdib31

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Clark looks garbage enough against backups in preseason. I fear for him against real players. Maybe need to play a TE permanently on that side for extra protection

Virgil Green or Joel Dreessen would be good bets to be attached to Clark's hip for a while. I want what's best for the team to win games, but I can't help but to be concerned for Julius Thomas' fantasy production :/ I need him!
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manning will protect him with Play Action and quick passes, just like he protects our OL at the moment. Manning played with some utter garbage Offensive Lineman in Indianapolis and made them look like Hall of Famers.

Drew Brees is the same.

MUFC OK
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Virgil Green or Joel Dreessen would be good bets to be attached to Clark's hip for a while. I want what's best for the team to win games, but I can't help but to be concerned for Julius Thomas' fantasy production :/ I need him!
well it basically means we have 4 WR/RB instead of 5. Thomas will see work in empty backfield sets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: