Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos LT Ryan Clady placed on season ending IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that Beadles was our weakest link vs the Giants, that left side could turn into a huge deficiency with Clady out.

If Clady can't be back for the playoffs, I fear that our OL will resemble the walls of Hornburg during the battle at Helm's Deep. Yet, this time, there won't be an old white bearded man on top of a gray coming in to save us.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiehardBronxFan wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
DiehardBronxFan wrote:
Other than PFM, Clady is the one player this team can't least afford to lose.

They will do enough to win the west without him, but if Clady is not back, at something approaching full effectiveness, this team just lost any chance t winning the Super Bowl this year.

Keep you fingers crossed for the 8 week IR. best we can hope for, I suspect.

This is the biggest overreaction I have ever seen.

Seriously? On this forum? Over-reaction is an art form!!

So what part is the over-reaction? That Clady is the second most important player on this team? One might disagree, but I hardly think its an over-reaction.

That a team centered around the pass can't beat Seattle or San Fran with Chris Clark at left tackle? Hmmm. I wonder how many people, during pre-season when Clady was on the Bench and Clark was getting man-handled, would have predicted that the Broncos COULD win the Super Bowl with Clark at Left Tackle. Should we go back to THOSE threads to read some over-reactions about the OL?

Or is it that 8 weeks is about the best we can hope for? How much do you know about Lis-Franc injuries?

No, I'm very confident this is not much of an over-reaction at all. The only way we'll know that I'm wrong is if the Broncos win the Super-Bowl with Clark at LT. I hope it doesn't come to that (I.e. that Clady is out that long), but if it does, I sincerely hope to be proven wrong!

Well, first of all, Clady is not the second most important player on the team. I'm in the group that believes a team with good guards and average tackles is better than one with average guards and elite tackles. I love Clady, I'm glad we signed him because he makes the line that much better, but I don't believe Chris Clark is as bad as he's made out to be. Obviously he's not Clady, but he's also not Vinston Painter, either.

Peyton, Von (even though we're without him now and winning), any of the secondary players....honestly, those guys right now may be more important than Clady. They aren't as good, but how good they are doesn't necessarily correspond with importance.

I know some about Lisfranc injuries...usually when they effect people, it's smaller guys who need to plant and put a lot of weight on their feet. That's why you see a lot of RBs and WRs getting this injury. I have no idea if it would be better or worse for an OT to get it, although IMO it's less of a detriment to them, although still not good.

I think that as long as the core weapons on this team stay healthy, this team can win the SB. I would rather focus on getting to the SB first. That's not a guarantee as we saw last year. The Seahawks and Niners aren't locks either. I don't believe you can look at it that way. What if they sustain a bunch of injuries?

Anyway, I think the best course of action, and the one they'll choose is to IR him with designation to return. That puts his return at Week 11, which would make him ready for the playoffs. LIS before, even if he's healthy with the foot, he can take the time to let his shoulder heal because that's clearly not 100%.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... Now that our 1st, 3rd, and 5th most talented players on the Broncos roster (Von, Clady, and Champ) are out for a couple weeks, lets see if Peyton can earn the paycheck he got.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
DiehardBronxFan wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
DiehardBronxFan wrote:
Other than PFM, Clady is the one player this team can't least afford to lose.

They will do enough to win the west without him, but if Clady is not back, at something approaching full effectiveness, this team just lost any chance t winning the Super Bowl this year.

Keep you fingers crossed for the 8 week IR. best we can hope for, I suspect.

This is the biggest overreaction I have ever seen.

Seriously? On this forum? Over-reaction is an art form!!

So what part is the over-reaction? That Clady is the second most important player on this team? One might disagree, but I hardly think its an over-reaction.

That a team centered around the pass can't beat Seattle or San Fran with Chris Clark at left tackle? Hmmm. I wonder how many people, during pre-season when Clady was on the Bench and Clark was getting man-handled, would have predicted that the Broncos COULD win the Super Bowl with Clark at Left Tackle. Should we go back to THOSE threads to read some over-reactions about the OL?

Or is it that 8 weeks is about the best we can hope for? How much do you know about Lis-Franc injuries?

No, I'm very confident this is not much of an over-reaction at all. The only way we'll know that I'm wrong is if the Broncos win the Super-Bowl with Clark at LT. I hope it doesn't come to that (I.e. that Clady is out that long), but if it does, I sincerely hope to be proven wrong!

Well, first of all, Clady is not the second most important player on the team. I'm in the group that believes a team with good guards and average tackles is better than one with average guards and elite tackles. I love Clady, I'm glad we signed him because he makes the line that much better, but I don't believe Chris Clark is as bad as he's made out to be. Obviously he's not Clady, but he's also not Vinston Painter, either.

Peyton, Von (even though we're without him now and winning), any of the secondary players....honestly, those guys right now may be more important than Clady. They aren't as good, but how good they are doesn't necessarily correspond with importance.

I know some about Lisfranc injuries...usually when they effect people, it's smaller guys who need to plant and put a lot of weight on their feet. That's why you see a lot of RBs and WRs getting this injury. I have no idea if it would be better or worse for an OT to get it, although IMO it's less of a detriment to them, although still not good.

I think that as long as the core weapons on this team stay healthy, this team can win the SB. I would rather focus on getting to the SB first. That's not a guarantee as we saw last year. The Seahawks and Niners aren't locks either. I don't believe you can look at it that way. What if they sustain a bunch of injuries?

Anyway, I think the best course of action, and the one they'll choose is to IR him with designation to return. That puts his return at Week 11, which would make him ready for the playoffs. LIS before, even if he's healthy with the foot, he can take the time to let his shoulder heal because that's clearly not 100%.

I believe most GM's would argue the opposite regarding the importance of Left Tackles vs Guards. Look at draft positions and salaries for validation. You may personally disagree with the prevailing view, but that doesn't make my view an over-reaction.

In any case, we'll all keep our fingers crossed that he can return for the playoffs. I wish I had as much confidence in Clark as you do Confused
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
LT Ryan Clady is going on season-ending IR. Done. Team is signing veteran OT Winston Justice.

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/380355572563836928
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless his injury is serious enough that he absolutely won't be able to play again until after the superbowl, then I don't like this move.

We should maybe look into a trade for someone like Branden Albert or Eugene Monroe.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Unless his injury is serious enough that he absolutely won't be able to play again until after the superbowl, then I don't like this move.

We should maybe look into a trade for someone like Branden Albert or Eugene Monroe.

The 2-0 Chiefs would not trade Branden Albert in the division. Monroe is possible, but still unlikely.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

That kind of investment [new contract because both are on one year deals plus draft picks, at least a 2nd round pick maybe more] for one season? and what will you do next season? bench Franklin who's doing pretty good? not to mention pay those guys LT money to play RT.

That just makes very little sense.
Tom Brady Tribute
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

That kind of investment [new contract because both are on one year deals plus draft picks, at least a 2nd round pick maybe more] for one season? and what will you do next season? bench Franklin who's doing pretty good? not to mention pay those guys LT money to play RT.

Wouldn't bother with a new contract. I'd pay like a second round pick for a single season of production, when we have such a tight window.
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sick to my stomach this morning.
In the pre season I wrote on a thread that I had a fear that injuries might derail us this season as we had been relatively lucky last year. Losing Clady is huge. This definitely drops us a notch. I hope this is it pertaining injuries.

What a bummer!!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Wouldn't bother with a new contract. I'd pay like a second round pick for a single season of production, when we have such a tight window.

Spend at least a 2nd round pick for just 14+ games and thats it? you think that's a good thing for a team to do?
Tom Brady Tribute
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Spend at least a 2nd round pick for just 14+ games and thats it? you think that's a good thing for a team to do?

Well, if Beadles struggles, Monroe could have long-term value. He can play RT next year when Clady returns, and Franklin can move to LG where he belongs.

They should send the newly-signed Winston Justice and a third-rounder to the Jags for Monroe. They can switch Joeckel to LT, and Justice can play RT. He is better than anyone else they have now besides Joeckel and Monroe.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those kind of trades just aren't going to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Those kind of trades just aren't going to happen.

Exactly, this is not Madden.

Huge blow! I don't know anything about this injury, will he be able to come back for the playoffs? If he doesn't, I guess he should be 100% for next season which hasn't happened for him for awhile.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

If it wins you a superbowl, in what's more or less your last year of your window, then yes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: