Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bad Players, Team Needs, Roster Holes and Question Marks
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Bad Players, Team Needs, Roster Holes and Question Marks Reply with quote

There's been a bunch of talk about this lately throughout the whole forum, so I figured maybe it would be a good idea to have a place to discuss all of this. Where don't you like the roster? Where do players need to get better? What's our biggest needs? Who is playing the worst?

Right now, my power rankings for the biggest holes on the team are:
1. QB
2. LEO
3. 1-tech
4. LG
5. C
6. RT
7. WR
8. RB
9. 3-tech
10. OLB

*this is based on play thus far, not projected play for players. For example, as Joeckel settles in, RT will drop down the list. Basically what we need for week 3 and beyond, not necessarily where we need to bring in players.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. QB
2. LEO
3. C
4. G
5. RB
6. CB
7. OLB
8. ILB
9. 1 Tech
10. 3 Tech

#JDI
Bad meets Evil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB
Leo
Interior line (G and C)
RB
OLB
ILB
CB
DT

Credit to IPwn for da sig
ethan raphael

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cornerback they brought in today looks like he could be a keeper. Jamell Fleming. Made three starts as a rookie last season, third round pick. NFL and Draft Scout rated him as a second rounder for 2012. Built like Gratz with similar athletic numbers at the Combine.
ethan raphael

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My list of needs - WR, OLB, RB, ILB, OG, QB.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
My list of needs - WR, OLB, RB, ILB, OG, QB.

Reverse order?

I hate the Jaguars
sadjag

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. QB
2.Leo
3. G/C
4.RB
5.LB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
1. QB
2. LEO
3. C
4. G
5. RB
6. CB
7. OLB
8. ILB
9. 1 Tech
10. 3 Tech

you know whats funny tough... its QB and LEO were both our biggest needs before the season started and we didnt do anything to improve them neither in the draft or free agency... Im really starting to doubt the "genius" of david caldwell...
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeXJaguar15 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
1. QB
2. LEO
3. C
4. G
5. RB
6. CB
7. OLB
8. ILB
9. 1 Tech
10. 3 Tech

you know whats funny tough... its QB and LEO were both our biggest needs before the season started and we didnt do anything to improve them neither in the draft or free agency... Im really starting to doubt the "genius" of david caldwell...

Or there wasn't a viable option in the market to get one, which looking at Geno, Flynn, Barkley, Nassib, I think he made the right choice there, and there were no LEO option via free agency this past offseason.

#JDI
charles shelton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

del jags:\roster\"."

sums up my feelings.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
MeXJaguar15 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
1. QB
2. LEO
3. C
4. G
5. RB
6. CB
7. OLB
8. ILB
9. 1 Tech
10. 3 Tech

Or there wasn't a viable option in the market to get one, which looking at Geno, Flynn, Barkley, Nassib, I think he made the right choice there, and there were no LEO option via free agency this past offseason.
Yep. Rushing to get a QB in a certain year, rather than waiting for the right one is why we drafted Byron Leftwich instead of Ben Roethlisberger and Blaine Gabbert instead of Russell Wilson (or Ryan Tannehill).

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
rjkgr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO JAX just needs all new players i say a full team try out..
tikitiger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is LEO like a 3/4 OLB, and 1 and 3 tech like DT's?
#4 South Carolina Gamecocks 11-2
We didn't make the BCS?

Jags | Sharks | Lakers | Giants
Tugboat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what i'm seeing now, i'd rank our needs something like:

1.QB. obviously a dire need. team is going nowhere without addressing this.
2.LEO. no pass rush to speak of. getting a quality LEO will help, but far from the end of story.

One way or the other, i think those two positions have to be addressed with our first two picks.

From there:

3.Interior O-Line, G/C. Meester is done, Rackley sucks and is always hurt, Uche isn't young, nobody 'waiting in the wings'. I think it'd be wise to double-dip on this, at the least.

4.RB. MJD is done here, and i just don't see anything starter worthy kicking around on the roster. any rookie QB coming in is going to really benefit from a good, reliable running game behind them. bumps the need up in priority for me. not necessarily finding the ultimate 'future star' who fills MJD's shoes, but someone who can contribute right away. might even be an area that could be band-aid fixed with a FA acquisition, unlike most of the other spots.

5.CB. Gratz looks like a nice start and there are a couple of serviceable depth guys/projects that might pan out alright. improved pass rush would help as well, but with the emphasis on passing, i don't think we can compete without at least one more guy at the top of our depth chart there. hopefully this is the sort of need that can be addressed in the 3rd round or later...finding 'scheme fit' guys a bit later than other teams maybe.

6.DT. 1-tech or 3-tech, whatever sort of player we can add there, an impact performer is what we're really lacking there though. we have a collection of decent guys who can be solid depth options, but we're lacking that dynamite guy who just blows things up. doubtful we can address that sort of specific need with a later pick, making it the sort of need that will probably have to wait for 2015..

7.OLB. Allen and Hayes are not what i'd view as components in a contenders starting LB corps. those sort of options will work for the time being, but it's an area that will need to improve sooner or later.

So basically...everything except OT, S, P, K. And i think we've got good pieces at WR, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to continue adding there. And MLB, where i'm very content to ride with Poz for now...he's overpaid and not the greatest scheme fit, but he's still a decent player, a leader on what is going to continue to be a very young team, and has a contagious attitude that's worth something for the time being.

We got a lotta needs. Shocked Makes things a bit easier in the sense that we can still draft players at pretty much any position and still have it be a 'need position'. Silver linings. Laughing
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
MeXJaguar15 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
1. QB
2. LEO
3. C
4. G
5. RB
6. CB
7. OLB
8. ILB
9. 1 Tech
10. 3 Tech

while i maintain i still wanted Geno, the market as a whole was terrible

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: