Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Get to know your fellow Bears forum posters - ShaggyBear
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Get to know your fellow Bears forum posters - ShaggyBear Reply with quote

I see you proudly flaunt your pickíem champ sign from last year. Are you bound for a repeat this year? Do you know something we donít know, are you rigging the games?

I am very proud. I think last year was the first year I completed the season without missing a week. That and no money being involved I think really helped me (I am horrible with gambling). I am looking to repeat this year, but it will not be easy competing with the smartest fans in the world. I guess I did know something no one else knew... who was going to win the games lol. If I could rig the games the Bears would have a few more rings. Wink One interesting fact about last year was I picked the Bears to win every week.

What do you do for a living?

I am the General Manager at a gas station/convenience store chain. I have been with the company for almost 8 years now and started there looking for just any job to pay the bills, and 3 promotions and 8 years later I am still there.

Youíve been here since 2005, the year this site was created, yet only 627 posts. Do you not like us or something? Or is it just AZ that you donít like?

I posted a bit when I first joined, but then found myself busy with other things such as work, girls, bars etc so I took a little break from posting but still came around to get my Bears news here. I just started coming back around and participating more lately. I have to give props to ChiSoxGuy for creating the games and stuff to get me more involved. I always try to participate, but for a while it started getting annoying seeing the same arguments being repeated because Jerry Angelo was so bad at his job.

Iím going to jog your memory a bit here. When you did join 8 years (and only 627 posts) ago, how did you stumble upon FootballsFuture?

I was actually trying to research the draft class and stumbled upon the main site and was reading their free agents and mock drafts. I then started going through the forums and reading through some of the mocks and rumors being posted. I joined up and been a fan of this site ever since.

You live in a town where I am eligible to be hired as a police officer within the next two years. Yes, I could be modding you both in real life and on the internet. Thoughts?

I think it is cool, but it could possibly hurt my chances in FF if i get pulled over or post break forum rules. Wink But in all seriousness Congrats on both accounts SeaBears, That is really cool. I'm not a big problem causer, and that's probably why I am not one of the bigger names or higher post count guys on here.

How did you become a Bears fan? Have you just always lived near Chicago, or is there some other reason?

I was born in Denver, but moved to Chicago when I was a year old. Chicago has been my home ever since. My dad was raised here, but went to school in Denver, and they moved back after he finished. My first halloween costume I got to pick I was Jim McMahon.

Favorite Bears player Ė past AND present?

Past- Walter Payton, He is IMO the greatest all around RB in the history of the game and he was a a great man off the field as well. I even named one of my cats Payton.

Present- That is a tough one because there are so many. I really like Cutler, Peanut, Briggs, Peppers, Forte, and Marshall. Although I would have to give it to Briggs and Peanut because they have been here the longest.

Favorite moment in Bears history?

Mike Brown with back to back interceptions to win the game. That was just awesome and I truly believe he would have been a hall of famer had he not battled all those injuries.

Least favorite moment/most comical moment in Bears history?

Least favorite- watching Mike Brown's comments about his last injury with the Bears. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pj_ey8blG0 Not going to lie I may have shed a tear because at the time I liked him more then Urlacher.

Most comical- Cade McClown

You wake up on a Bears Sunday morning in September Ė what is your gameday ritual?

Take a shower, get my bears Jersey/shirt on, put on my bears hat, make a cup of coffee, turn on pregame shows (usually flip between channels), check injury updates and adjust my FF teams, get a bag of chips and a cold beer and park on the couch. I watch every game from beginning to end no matter the outcome.

Cubs or Sox?

Sox, My grandfather grew up on the south side and I used to watch games with him all the time. I've been a die hard Sox fan since I can remember. I used to idolize guys like Frank Thomas, Robin Ventura, Tim Raines, Ozzie Guillen, Harold Baines, and Carlton Fisk.

What do you do in your spare time?

Lately I have been doing housework. I just bought my house in February so I have been doing a lot of work trying to get the house the way I want it. Otherwise I enjoy fishing, boating, traveling, and all sports. I don't drink very often anymore, but I used to be awesome at bags.

Who was your role model growing up/currently?

Growing up- I love Walter Payton and Michael Jordan

Currently- My father, he had me young and worked hard to make sure I had everything I wanted growing up all while supporting me in sports, scouts, and anything else I was trying to do.

Favorite food?

I am a garbage disposal and will eat anything besides baked beans. Somethings I do enjoy include Sushi, Pizza (deep dish, the real stuff), Hot Dogs (no ketchup), Burgers, Pasta, Mongolian Beef, Pulled pork, Steak, Shrimp, Lobster, and I love chips.

What is the single greatest moment in your life, whether sports-related or not?

Non-sports related was getting voted and initiated as low pin in my fraternity. It was a great moment in my life because I always wanted to be a leader (was majoring in Business Management at the time) and that was the first time in my life I actually showed it. I was voted to be low pin because I led by example and got every one of my brothers to work towards a common goal rather then other guys that just tried to kiss the asses of the active members.

Sports- There are two. The first would be when my coach gave a speech before a game that was cold and raining. He quoted someone that, "Adversity causes some men to break, and some men to break records." That really resonated to me through out my life and helped me through a lot of tough times. and secondly was my first touchdown. I was a tailback and scored a 15 yard touchdown on a sweep left. I juked two guys and crossed the goal line. I almost knocked my quarterback over when he came over to congratulate me I was so excited.

In less than 100 words, take a risk.

God

Just how AWESOME is Rex Grossman?

I think he was a poor man's Jay Cutler. He could have been a good QB if he were protected properly. If you look at the first half of the season he did really good and excited a lot of people before Denny Green figured out the way to beat him was to knock him around. He was horrible under pressure and Jerry Angelo was terrible at keeping him protected.

Just a quick little extra on me, I am turning 30 in January. I got married in August of 2012. I am expecting my first child on February 3rd (Day after the Superbowl), and I find out the sex this Thursday.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attaway Shaggy, nicely done! Glad you enjoy the games and hopefully I can find some others to play that people will actually participate in (March Madness had 3 participants, haha)

RIP Stylish
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice first one, good read too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Attaway Shaggy, nicely done! Glad you enjoy the games and hopefully I can find some others to play that people will actually participate in (March Madness had 3 participants, haha)

Thanks chi sox, i might have been in that one too if I knew anything about NCAA basketball last year lol

ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blkwdw13 wrote:

Thanks blk, I had no idea seabears was going to grill me... Hope he never pulls me over Wink

blkwdw13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
hopefully I can find some others to play that people will actually participate in (March Madness had 3 participants, haha)

I'll be able to participate in it this year(next) I couldn't last year since I was deployed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaggyBear wrote:
blkwdw13 wrote:

Thanks blk, I had no idea seabears was going to grill me... Hope he never pulls me over Wink

Hahah I'm a journalism major and planning on becoming a cop, I'm all about questions.

thebeast15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a great idea.

I must have missed it... was there a sign up thread or anything like that?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Get to know your fellow Bears forum posters - ShaggyBear Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:

Mike Brown with back to back interceptions to win the game. That was just awesome and I truly believe he would have been a hall of famer had he not battled all those injuries.

Least favorite- watching Mike Brown's comments about his last injury with the Bears. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pj_ey8blG0 Not going to lie I may have shed a tear because at the time I liked him more then Urlacher.

I definitely choked up the first time I saw that interview. Our D was never the same without him back there.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeast15 wrote:
This was a great idea.

I posted it in TABT, I'll add you to the list. I'm probably doing 1 a month, or so.

chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
thebeast15 wrote:
This was a great idea.

I posted it in TABT, I'll add you to the list. I'm probably doing 1 a month, or so.

You can interrogate me too if you'd like.

whips and chains excite me

RIP Stylish
thebeast15

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
thebeast15 wrote:
This was a great idea.

You can interrogate me too if you'd like.

whips and chains excite me

hahahahaha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Get to know your fellow Bears forum posters - ShaggyBear Reply with quote

[quote="ForteOz"]
CBears019 wrote:

[/quote
I definitely choked up the first time I saw that interview. Our D was never the same without him back there.
]Mike Brown was awesome. Had he been able to play the SB the Bears may well have won. No way Manning throws that td over the middle with him them, no way.
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Mike Brown is definitely one of the best "what could have beens" in the NFL. So much talent, passion, determination, and unfortunately, injuries too.

By the way I've been meaning to ask, what is low pin? And what fraternity did you join?

ShaggyBear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Yeah Mike Brown is definitely one of the best "what could have beens" in the NFL. So much talent, passion, determination, and unfortunately, injuries too.

By the way I've been meaning to ask, what is low pin? And what fraternity did you join?

I joined Theta Xi fraternity my sophomore year. When you get initiated into the fraternity you get a pin. You also get a pin number. The first people in get the lower pin number. For instance I was 908 and the next pledge to get initiated was 909. So I was the 908th member of that fraternity. The active members vote on it so it was an honor to get the top honors in a way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: