Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks LT Russell Okung heading to short-term IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meeker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
And @mortreport reports Seahawks LT Russell Okung likely headed to IR with a designation to return for toe injury.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/381127578825666561

That's good. We'll be seeing him in midseason then, around the same time that we get Harvin back. Our chances in the rams game just plummeted though, as I doubt he's back for that game. Their pass rush is premier in this league

We should really give Alvin Bailey a shot this week

I believe the earliest he can return is week 11, meaning he will miss 8 games. The biggest games over that span being week 4 @HOU, week 8 @STL, and week 10 @ATL. Facing Watt and the Rams DL just got much scarier. Not TOO worried, McQuistan filled in very well when Okung went down in 2011.

This will be the 3rd year in his 4 year career in which he has missed at least 4 games. We need to find a better insurance policy on Okung. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting an OT in the 1st. He can play RT for the time being, and if Okung goes down again...shift him over.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
And @mortreport reports Seahawks LT Russell Okung likely headed to IR with a designation to return for toe injury.

That's good. We'll be seeing him in midseason then, around the same time that we get Harvin back. Our chances in the rams game just plummeted though, as I doubt he's back for that game. Their pass rush is premier in this league

I still like the circumstances surrounding the Rams game. If it was a normal Sunday 10 AM or even 1 PM start, I'd say there's a very good chance we lose that game just because the Rams play us so damn tough. But this is Monday night football coming off of a VERY long week of preparation following a Thursday night game. I feel playing this game on primetime is exactly the type of spark this team will need on the road.

Meh. I highlighted it a lot as a sort of "2nd bye week" in the offseason, but we're going to be hurt badly in the game. We have some of the worst edge protection in the league without okung and they probably have the best DE duo when it comes to getting after the quarterback.

I'll feel a lot better if harvin is back by then

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
imani wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

I believe the earliest he can return is week 11, meaning he will miss 8 games. The biggest games over that span being week 4 @HOU, week 8 @STL, and week 10 @ATL. Facing Watt and the Rams DL just got much scarier. Not TOO worried, McQuistan filled in very well when Okung went down in 2011.

This will be the 3rd year in his 4 year career in which he has missed at least 4 games. We need to find a better insurance policy on Okung. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting an OT in the 1st. He can play RT for the time being, and if Okung goes down again...shift him over.

I like it. Breno's time is about up regardless

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Last edited by imani on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
imani wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

I believe you are correct. That's rough

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: