Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is a trade sending Leshoure to the Colts likely?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob_shadows

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Lions "quickly rebuffed" trade overtures from the Colts last week regarding Mikel Leshoure.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6484/mikel-leshoure

Good, now we can trade him and a 3rd to the Browns for Gordon Very Happy

2014 AAL: DE Larry Webster III

Stats: N/A

2014 AAL: DE George Johnson

Tackles: 3, TFL: 1, Sacks: 1.5, QB Hits: 2
DrRay11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob_shadows wrote:
Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Lions "quickly rebuffed" trade overtures from the Colts last week regarding Mikel Leshoure.

And a 3rd? Maybe and a 6th. One more screwup and Gordon's done for a year

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
rob_shadows wrote:
Quote:

And a 3rd? Maybe and a 6th. One more screwup and Gordon's done for a year

And if he doesn't screw up it changes everything for this offense, worth the risk considering we it may as well be a guarantee that we'll make a worthless pick in the 3rd anyway.

2014 AAL: DE Larry Webster III

Stats: N/A

2014 AAL: DE George Johnson

Tackles: 3, TFL: 1, Sacks: 1.5, QB Hits: 2
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frustrated RB Mikel Leshoure not demanding trade from Detroit Lions, but other teams want him

Quote:

The Indianapolis Colts inquired about acquiring Leshoure before they traded for Trent Richardson last week, and several other teams reached out about Leshoure during training camp.

“Last time I talked to him, he pretty much said that he wants me here, he doesn’t have any intentions on trading me, and it’s a long season, and he just wants me to be here, just in case,” Leshoure said of Mayhew. “You never know what happens. Like I said, it’s a long season, backs get banged up, somebody can go down and I guess (I’m) more so a security blanket.”

Read the whole article if you get a minute. But, it sounds like the Lions don't want to move LeShoure.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blame them: Leshoure has tremendous value to us right now, but Bell has simply been better. It's not Leshoure's fault: Bell has been very good.

This "Riddick has passed him on the depth chart" nonsense is misleading and overblown: Riddick fills Bush's 'speed' spot, while Leshoure and Bell share the "physical" role on the team. If Bell went down, it would be Leshoure getting touches... not Riddick.

Team Stylish
duanegarrison09

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I don't blame them: Leshoure has tremendous value to us right now, but Bell has simply been better. It's not Leshoure's fault: Bell has been very good.

This "Riddick has passed him on the depth chart" nonsense is misleading and overblown: Riddick fills Bush's 'speed' spot, while Leshoure and Bell share the "physical" role on the team. If Bell went down, it would be Leshoure getting touches... not Riddick.

LeShoure is not effective in the passing game where Bell/Bush are and Riddick can play special teams where Mikel is not good. One trick pony passed up by Bell.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

Being inactive when Bush is healthy, not getting a single snap when Bush isn't healthy tells me he has no value to our team. Doesn't even get a single carry, even if Bell was tired. Sure Riddick may be more like Bush, but he still got touches, and it's not like he is a fragile skinny guy who hasn't ran between the tackles.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duanegarrison09 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

LeShoure is not effective in the passing game where Bell/Bush are and Riddick can play special teams where Mikel is not good. One trick pony passed up by Bell.

As a sophomore and a junior at Notre Dame Theo Riddick played WR before moving back to RB his Senior season, so he's also an excellent receiver out of the backfield.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

Being inactive when Bush is healthy, not getting a single snap when Bush isn't healthy tells me he has no value to our team. Doesn't even get a single carry, even if Bell was tired. Sure Riddick may be more like Bush, but he still got touches, and it's not like he is a fragile skinny guy who hasn't ran between the tackles.

No value? Wow.

Team Stylish
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

No value? Wow.
what is his value? We keep lowing it by not playing him imo.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

No value? Wow.
what is his value? We keep lowing it by not playing him imo.

What it his value? He's a young, strong runner at a position that sees a lot of injuries. If Bell goes down, he'll step right into his spot. He definitely has value for this team.

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: