Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is a trade sending Leshoure to the Colts likely?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rob_shadows


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 3062
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Lions "quickly rebuffed" trade overtures from the Colts last week regarding Mikel Leshoure.


http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6484/mikel-leshoure

Good, now we can trade him and a 3rd to the Browns for Gordon Very Happy
_________________


2014 AAL: DE Larry Webster III

Stats: N/A

2014 AAL: DE George Johnson

Tackles: 3, TFL: 1, Sacks: 1.5, QB Hits: 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DrRay11


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 3326
Location: Chicago, IL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob_shadows wrote:
Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Lions "quickly rebuffed" trade overtures from the Colts last week regarding Mikel Leshoure.


http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6484/mikel-leshoure

Good, now we can trade him and a 3rd to the Browns for Gordon Very Happy


And a 3rd? Maybe and a 6th. One more screwup and Gordon's done for a year
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rob_shadows


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 3062
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
rob_shadows wrote:
Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Lions "quickly rebuffed" trade overtures from the Colts last week regarding Mikel Leshoure.


http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6484/mikel-leshoure

Good, now we can trade him and a 3rd to the Browns for Gordon Very Happy


And a 3rd? Maybe and a 6th. One more screwup and Gordon's done for a year


And if he doesn't screw up it changes everything for this offense, worth the risk considering we it may as well be a guarantee that we'll make a worthless pick in the 3rd anyway.
_________________


2014 AAL: DE Larry Webster III

Stats: N/A

2014 AAL: DE George Johnson

Tackles: 3, TFL: 1, Sacks: 1.5, QB Hits: 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18862
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frustrated RB Mikel Leshoure not demanding trade from Detroit Lions, but other teams want him

Quote:

The Indianapolis Colts inquired about acquiring Leshoure before they traded for Trent Richardson last week, and several other teams reached out about Leshoure during training camp.

“Last time I talked to him, he pretty much said that he wants me here, he doesn’t have any intentions on trading me, and it’s a long season, and he just wants me to be here, just in case,” Leshoure said of Mayhew. “You never know what happens. Like I said, it’s a long season, backs get banged up, somebody can go down and I guess (I’m) more so a security blanket.”


Read the whole article if you get a minute. But, it sounds like the Lions don't want to move LeShoure.
_________________
Team Stylish313
Adopt-A-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Adopt-A-Lion: Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25771
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blame them: Leshoure has tremendous value to us right now, but Bell has simply been better. It's not Leshoure's fault: Bell has been very good.

This "Riddick has passed him on the depth chart" nonsense is misleading and overblown: Riddick fills Bush's 'speed' spot, while Leshoure and Bell share the "physical" role on the team. If Bell went down, it would be Leshoure getting touches... not Riddick.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duanegarrison09


Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 660
Location: Macomb County, Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I don't blame them: Leshoure has tremendous value to us right now, but Bell has simply been better. It's not Leshoure's fault: Bell has been very good.

This "Riddick has passed him on the depth chart" nonsense is misleading and overblown: Riddick fills Bush's 'speed' spot, while Leshoure and Bell share the "physical" role on the team. If Bell went down, it would be Leshoure getting touches... not Riddick.


LeShoure is not effective in the passing game where Bell/Bush are and Riddick can play special teams where Mikel is not good. One trick pony passed up by Bell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19236
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I don't blame them: Leshoure has tremendous value to us right now, but Bell has simply been better. It's not Leshoure's fault: Bell has been very good.

This "Riddick has passed him on the depth chart" nonsense is misleading and overblown: Riddick fills Bush's 'speed' spot, while Leshoure and Bell share the "physical" role on the team. If Bell went down, it would be Leshoure getting touches... not Riddick.


Being inactive when Bush is healthy, not getting a single snap when Bush isn't healthy tells me he has no value to our team. Doesn't even get a single carry, even if Bell was tired. Sure Riddick may be more like Bush, but he still got touches, and it's not like he is a fragile skinny guy who hasn't ran between the tackles.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18862
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duanegarrison09 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I don't blame them: Leshoure has tremendous value to us right now, but Bell has simply been better. It's not Leshoure's fault: Bell has been very good.

This "Riddick has passed him on the depth chart" nonsense is misleading and overblown: Riddick fills Bush's 'speed' spot, while Leshoure and Bell share the "physical" role on the team. If Bell went down, it would be Leshoure getting touches... not Riddick.


LeShoure is not effective in the passing game where Bell/Bush are and Riddick can play special teams where Mikel is not good. One trick pony passed up by Bell.


As a sophomore and a junior at Notre Dame Theo Riddick played WR before moving back to RB his Senior season, so he's also an excellent receiver out of the backfield.
_________________
Team Stylish313
Adopt-A-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Adopt-A-Lion: Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25771
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I don't blame them: Leshoure has tremendous value to us right now, but Bell has simply been better. It's not Leshoure's fault: Bell has been very good.

This "Riddick has passed him on the depth chart" nonsense is misleading and overblown: Riddick fills Bush's 'speed' spot, while Leshoure and Bell share the "physical" role on the team. If Bell went down, it would be Leshoure getting touches... not Riddick.


Being inactive when Bush is healthy, not getting a single snap when Bush isn't healthy tells me he has no value to our team. Doesn't even get a single carry, even if Bell was tired. Sure Riddick may be more like Bush, but he still got touches, and it's not like he is a fragile skinny guy who hasn't ran between the tackles.

No value? Wow.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockcity


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 1313
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I don't blame them: Leshoure has tremendous value to us right now, but Bell has simply been better. It's not Leshoure's fault: Bell has been very good.

This "Riddick has passed him on the depth chart" nonsense is misleading and overblown: Riddick fills Bush's 'speed' spot, while Leshoure and Bell share the "physical" role on the team. If Bell went down, it would be Leshoure getting touches... not Riddick.


Being inactive when Bush is healthy, not getting a single snap when Bush isn't healthy tells me he has no value to our team. Doesn't even get a single carry, even if Bell was tired. Sure Riddick may be more like Bush, but he still got touches, and it's not like he is a fragile skinny guy who hasn't ran between the tackles.

No value? Wow.
what is his value? We keep lowing it by not playing him imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25771
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
I don't blame them: Leshoure has tremendous value to us right now, but Bell has simply been better. It's not Leshoure's fault: Bell has been very good.

This "Riddick has passed him on the depth chart" nonsense is misleading and overblown: Riddick fills Bush's 'speed' spot, while Leshoure and Bell share the "physical" role on the team. If Bell went down, it would be Leshoure getting touches... not Riddick.


Being inactive when Bush is healthy, not getting a single snap when Bush isn't healthy tells me he has no value to our team. Doesn't even get a single carry, even if Bell was tired. Sure Riddick may be more like Bush, but he still got touches, and it's not like he is a fragile skinny guy who hasn't ran between the tackles.

No value? Wow.
what is his value? We keep lowing it by not playing him imo.

What it his value? He's a young, strong runner at a position that sees a lot of injuries. If Bell goes down, he'll step right into his spot. He definitely has value for this team.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group