Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is a trade sending Leshoure to the Colts likely?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48896
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
I know everyone is looking at Josh Gordon, but that's probably more than we can get with Leshoure. What does everyone think about trying to get Greg Little instead? Little is a big WR at 6-3 and 230+ pounds. Might be a good fit here.


If going that route I would prefer Davone Bess because Spurlock sucks in return game


I looked briefly at Bess, and really liked him when in Miami, but I figured we already had a couple of him on the roster with Nate and Broyles.

Hadn't thought about his return abilities though...


His return game not mind blowing but adds additional value to him
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25771
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Wow just wow. I would have liked Detroit to make that trade.

Eww. I would have been furious.


Furious to land a great talent like him but content with Pettigrew

Wait, what? I would have no problem signing T-Rich as a free agent. I would NOT give a 1st round pick for an inside runner with injury concerns. We already have one of those.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35016
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Wow just wow. I would have liked Detroit to make that trade.

Eww. I would have been furious.


Furious to land a great talent like him but content with Pettigrew

Wait, what? I would have no problem signing T-Rich as a free agent. I would NOT give a 1st round pick for an inside runner with injury concerns. We already have one of those.

We already have a TRich?

Alright, as long as we all know exactly where you stand.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25771
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Wow just wow. I would have liked Detroit to make that trade.

Eww. I would have been furious.


Furious to land a great talent like him but content with Pettigrew

Wait, what? I would have no problem signing T-Rich as a free agent. I would NOT give a 1st round pick for an inside runner with injury concerns. We already have one of those.

We already have a TRich?

Alright, as long as we all know exactly where you stand.

RB1: 15 games, 267 carries, 950 yards, 3.6 avg, 11 TDs. Injury concerns.
RB2: 14 games, 215 carries, 798 yards, 3.7 avg, 9 TDs. Injury concerns.

I'm not trading a 1st round pick for RB1 when RB2 is sitting on the roster. (Oh yeah: RB2 ran behind what fans called a terrible run-blocking OLine, and was given short-yardage looks.) The Browns wouldn't have traded RB1 if RB1 lived up to his hype. The Colts traded for RB1 because their owner lives off of hype and desperately wants to put pants in seats.

No. Just... no.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48896
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Wow just wow. I would have liked Detroit to make that trade.

Eww. I would have been furious.


Furious to land a great talent like him but content with Pettigrew

Wait, what? I would have no problem signing T-Rich as a free agent. I would NOT give a 1st round pick for an inside runner with injury concerns. We already have one of those.

We already have a TRich?

Alright, as long as we all know exactly where you stand.

RB1: 15 games, 267 carries, 950 yards, 3.6 avg, 11 TDs. Injury concerns.
RB2: 14 games, 215 carries, 798 yards, 3.7 avg, 9 TDs. Injury concerns.

I'm not trading a 1st round pick for RB1 when RB2 is sitting on the roster. (Oh yeah: RB2 ran behind what fans called a terrible run-blocking OLine, and was given short-yardage looks.) The Browns wouldn't have traded RB1 if RB1 lived up to his hype. The Colts traded for RB1 because their owner lives off of hype and desperately wants to put pants in seats.

No. Just... no.


Lulz. Comparing stats when everyone knows Cleveland had no QB or WR to help. You completely hated stats being used against Pettigrew but using them here. H-I-l-a-r-I-o-u-s
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LION KING


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17220
Location: THE U.P. MICHIGAN
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its ROBBERY for the COLTS!

Richardson for a unknown 1st round pick that odds are will be a playoff team pick seriously bad deal Cleveland is a terrible franchise.

Makes me even happier I am a Lions fan.
_________________
You have to stand bye your convictions, sometimes you might stand alone but when your proven right its a great feeling!

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25771
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Wow just wow. I would have liked Detroit to make that trade.

Eww. I would have been furious.


Furious to land a great talent like him but content with Pettigrew

Wait, what? I would have no problem signing T-Rich as a free agent. I would NOT give a 1st round pick for an inside runner with injury concerns. We already have one of those.

We already have a TRich?

Alright, as long as we all know exactly where you stand.

RB1: 15 games, 267 carries, 950 yards, 3.6 avg, 11 TDs. Injury concerns.
RB2: 14 games, 215 carries, 798 yards, 3.7 avg, 9 TDs. Injury concerns.

I'm not trading a 1st round pick for RB1 when RB2 is sitting on the roster. (Oh yeah: RB2 ran behind what fans called a terrible run-blocking OLine, and was given short-yardage looks.) The Browns wouldn't have traded RB1 if RB1 lived up to his hype. The Colts traded for RB1 because their owner lives off of hype and desperately wants to put pants in seats.

No. Just... no.


Lulz. Comparing stats when everyone knows Cleveland had no QB or WR to help. You completely hated stats being used against Pettigrew but using them here. H-I-l-a-r-I-o-u-s

Uh... no. I hate PFF ratings being used as proof without any sort of context to support them. I provided context: their stats are similar, although Leshoure had a "terrible run-blocking OLine" and was given short-yardage looks.

Try to keep up. "Lulz".
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48896
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Wow just wow. I would have liked Detroit to make that trade.

Eww. I would have been furious.


Furious to land a great talent like him but content with Pettigrew

Wait, what? I would have no problem signing T-Rich as a free agent. I would NOT give a 1st round pick for an inside runner with injury concerns. We already have one of those.

We already have a TRich?

Alright, as long as we all know exactly where you stand.

RB1: 15 games, 267 carries, 950 yards, 3.6 avg, 11 TDs. Injury concerns.
RB2: 14 games, 215 carries, 798 yards, 3.7 avg, 9 TDs. Injury concerns.

I'm not trading a 1st round pick for RB1 when RB2 is sitting on the roster. (Oh yeah: RB2 ran behind what fans called a terrible run-blocking OLine, and was given short-yardage looks.) The Browns wouldn't have traded RB1 if RB1 lived up to his hype. The Colts traded for RB1 because their owner lives off of hype and desperately wants to put pants in seats.

No. Just... no.


Lulz. Comparing stats when everyone knows Cleveland had no QB or WR to help. You completely hated stats being used against Pettigrew but using them here. H-I-l-a-r-I-o-u-s

Uh... no. I hate PFF ratings being used as proof without any sort of context to support them. I provided context: their stats are similar, although Leshoure had a "terrible run-blocking OLine" and was given short-yardage looks.

Try to keep up. "Lulz".


But neglect fact he had Stafford and Calvin, typical
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25771
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
But neglect fact he had Stafford and Calvin, typical

I'd say that having a terrible run-blocking OLine and receiving short-yardage looks is worse for production than being the starting RB for a team that lacks weapons. Just my opinion. You will undoubtedly disagree.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48896
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
But neglect fact he had Stafford and Calvin, typical

I'd say that having a terrible run-blocking OLine and receiving short-yardage looks is worse for production than being the starting RB for a team that lacks weapons. Just my opinion. You will undoubtedly disagree.


Yea having a QB who has a star WR who sets records does not give the RB any extra room. None at all
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35016
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have wrote that for him before he did. What he means is stats without HIS context are useless.

NM the fact the Browns' Oline also vastly underperformed as well as not having any other weapons. TRich is a steady young stud performing with 9 guys in the box. Nothing like the guys on our team that benefit from 7 in the box max most plays as well as coverage defenses rather than run stopping LBs.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 48896
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
I could have wrote that for him before he did. What he means is stats without HIS context are useless.

NM the fact the Browns' Oline also vastly underperformed as well as not having any other weapons. TRich is a steady young stud performing with 9 guys in the box. Nothing like the guys on our team that benefit from 7 in the box max most plays as well as coverage defenses rather than run stopping LBs.


Exactly! He compares LeShoure with 7 at most while Richardson had 9-10 key on him.

Teams could not do that because CJ
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25771
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
I could have wrote that for him before he did. What he means is stats without HIS context are useless.

NM the fact the Browns' Oline also vastly underperformed as well as not having any other weapons. TRich is a steady young stud performing with 9 guys in the box. Nothing like the guys on our team that benefit from 7 in the box max most plays as well as coverage defenses rather than run stopping LBs.

... teams didn't focus on the run in short-yardage run situations? Really?

I'm not saying that T-Rich was in an ideal rushing situation. He wasn't. Not 5 months ago, many felt that our OLine was "terrible" at run-blocking, and Leshoure was the short-yardage option for the offense. That's also a less-than-ideal situation, yet the production compares.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35016
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
I could have wrote that for him before he did. What he means is stats without HIS context are useless.

NM the fact the Browns' Oline also vastly underperformed as well as not having any other weapons. TRich is a steady young stud performing with 9 guys in the box. Nothing like the guys on our team that benefit from 7 in the box max most plays as well as coverage defenses rather than run stopping LBs.

... teams didn't focus on the run in short-yardage run situations? Really?

I'm not saying that T-Rich was in an ideal rushing situation. He wasn't. Not 5 months ago, many felt that our OLine was "terrible" at run-blocking, and Leshoure was the short-yardage option for the offense. That's also a less-than-ideal situation, yet the production compares.

I was unaware your stats took only short yardage situations and 9 man boxes into account when Stafford and CJ were off the field.

My bad.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35016
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Trent Richardson said he found out he got traded when one of his friends called him on the phone.

"Man you got traded"
"Shut up and get off my phone"
He thought he was joking

Laughing
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group