Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Knee-jerk reactions/thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Brown is our best defensive player. People might say Casey, but he isn't having the impact or the consistency play to play that Brown is. I won't say he's the most important because I think that belongs to Casey or Morgan since pass rush is so important to a game. He really came on at the end of the year and didn't he play with a damaged shoulder all last year that we never heard about until this offseason?

Biggest surprise so far this season though? Fokou. He's been a breath of fresh air. Not the playmaker that McCarthy is, but we don't have to worry about his glass body breaking on every tackle and he seems to always be around the ball.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're listed as 3 point favorites over the Chargers Smile

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Zach Brown is our best defensive player. People might say Casey, but he isn't having the impact or the consistency play to play that Brown is. I won't say he's the most important because I think that belongs to Casey or Morgan since pass rush is so important to a game. He really came on at the end of the year and didn't he play with a damaged shoulder all last year that we never heard about until this offseason?

Biggest surprise so far this season though? Fokou. He's been a breath of fresh air. Not the playmaker that McCarthy is, but we don't have to worry about his glass body breaking on every tackle and he seems to always be around the ball.

Man, totally forgot about McCarthy....
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

Man, totally forgot about McCarthy....

Me, too. I forgot to mention Fokou in my first post. He is a real smart football player with very good speed. All our scheme asks of our MLB is to play smart, tough football and Fokou does just that.

I like Colin a lot and his rookie year really impressed me, but Fokou is a good football player that can stay healthy and is making the most out of his opportunity.

I'm just waiting for my boy Akeem to get back to 100%. I've said before that he is a real slow starter, but once he turns it on around Week 7...watch out.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's unbelievable that this team goes out and beats San Diego next week. Their defense isn't Houston or Pittsburgh, and Tennessee's defense has shown that when the offense gets first downs and they can actually get time off the field, they can make plays. I felt bad for those guys. They had the game in hand, and even the plays they let up were just insanely clutch plays by Hopkins. McCourty was RIGHT THERE to make plays all day.

What I think this hinges on, sadly, is Jake Locker.

Here's the thing I'm seeing. Jake Locker is either a great quarterback or a horrifically bad one. He averages out at the end of the day. There were times where I was thinking "How funny is it going to be when this team goes out and drafts Tahj Boyd next year and we have yet another #10." Then there were times where I was thinking "Holy crap. Jake Locker is a machine."

He just needs to be more consistently good or consistently great, instead of "Jake Locker, get off the field" to "Jake Locker you are the man!"

I really think that loss was on Jake Locker's inability to keep the offense on the field or consistently make plays with his arm to help keep that defense fresh, but at the same time, the guy made some great things happen.

How easy it is to forget he led the team on a 99-yard touchdown drive, 79 of those yards coming from him.

Ockham wrote:
Yeah. We wouldn't want a power run blocker. We prefer the ole' let CJ get hit in the backfeild type run blocker. My bad.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that we also need to consider is where our offensive drives even BEGAN in the second half. Lechler was absolutely killing us.

Our drives in the second hald started on our own 20, 7, 20, 19, 12, 1, 39, and 20

One of those drives, the one that started on the 12, resulted in a safety because penalties backed us up. Being pinned back like that makes offensive playcalling a little more difficult, and running the ball on 1st and 2nd is much safer than passing it and risking taking a sack (especially when your QB has the pocket awareness of Jake).

Funny thing, though, was that when we did open with the pass (99 yard drive), we go all the way down the field for a TD.

lamont

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
I don't think it's unbelievable that this team goes out and beats San Diego next week. Their defense isn't Houston or Pittsburgh, and Tennessee's defense has shown that when the offense gets first downs and they can actually get time off the field, they can make plays. I felt bad for those guys. They had the game in hand, and even the plays they let up were just insanely clutch plays by Hopkins. McCourty was RIGHT THERE to make plays all day.

What I think this hinges on, sadly, is Jake Locker.

Here's the thing I'm seeing. Jake Locker is either a great quarterback or a horrifically bad one. He averages out at the end of the day. There were times where I was thinking "How funny is it going to be when this team goes out and drafts Tahj Boyd next year and we have yet another #10." Then there were times where I was thinking "Holy crap. Jake Locker is a machine."

He just needs to be more consistently good or consistently great, instead of "Jake Locker, get off the field" to "Jake Locker you are the man!"

I really think that loss was on Jake Locker's inability to keep the offense on the field or consistently make plays with his arm to help keep that defense fresh, but at the same time, the guy made some great things happen.

How easy it is to forget he led the team on a 99-yard touchdown drive, 79 of those yards coming from him.

Exactly. Those (2) TD throws yesterday were beautiful then he comes back with the off target throws. He is still playing to not make a mistake. I think Dowell needs to move him in his 1st 15 plays. Either designed runs or roll outs. Dowell says he scripts his first 15 plays. Well put him in the pistol, run some 5 wide looks, run some no huddle. The offense needs to catch up with the performance of the defense.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also feel like the coaching staff is giving him no chance to develop a rhythm. So many drives go run, run pass on 3rd and 6 that the only time he has a chance to throw is when the defense is fully expecting it. The 99 yard drive worked so well because Houston was sitting back, waiting on the draw play to come, and instead we just kept throwing the football.

I like the fact that we're establishing the run early and often. But I hate the fact that we're not really using that to our advantage. I don't care who our quarterback is, if you're consistently pounding the rock, you need to be using that to set up the play action pass on first and second down, not just using it to set up 3rd and 5s.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I also feel like the coaching staff is giving him no chance to develop a rhythm. So many drives go run, run pass on 3rd and 6 that the only time he has a chance to throw is when the defense is fully expecting it. The 99 yard drive worked so well because Houston was sitting back, waiting on the draw play to come, and instead we just kept throwing the football.

I like the fact that we're establishing the run early and often. But I hate the fact that we're not really using that to our advantage. I don't care who our quarterback is, if you're consistently pounding the rock, you need to be using that to set up the play action pass on first and second down, not just using it to set up 3rd and 5s.

And I also feel like we run the exact same run play over and over. Defenses are going to be able to adjust. I'd like to see some more creativity...pitches, option, maybe a reverse or two. I'm not sure we have thrown a pass out of our single wide formation all year. You just can't consistently win being so predictable.

With that said though, we have played two very good defenses and I expect the running game to really dominate these next few weeks.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, Kookie? Just gotta have some faith. Cool

Left Tackle Michael Roos
Defensive Tackle Jurrell Casey
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came in here earlier during the year and predicted you guys to make the playoffs...

and believe me, I still believe that.

Since I don't expect Minnesota or Pittsburgh to be any good this year, I'm kinda rooting for you guys. Go out and just win the Superbowl, and get Justin Hunter the ROY award.

Root for the Falcons right now. I believe in you guys!

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Kookie23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
See, Kookie? Just gotta have some faith. Cool

I'm not sold and I'm not holding my breath. Just cautious optimism. If they come out 4-1I'll get a hype train ticket.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post-chiefs game

-Offensive playcalling in first half did us in

-Chris Johnson is NOT the same back that he was. We all know that. That said, running him up the gut behind 3 big underperformers in Levitre, Turner, and Warmack is ludicrous

-Fitzpatrick ughhhhhhhh

-Britt needs to just be benched

-Chris in space = good things. Get him the ball in space for once

-Defense got tired at the end, but gosh this D is tough

MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the NFL fine refs?

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres my main thoughts to todays game

Defense is good enough to win big games

Every phase on Special Teams needs to be fixed (Coach Bironas Reynaud Personnel)

Run Game needs to be way better mostly play calling

Britt needs to go

Fitz needs to be better

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: