You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Knee-jerk reactions/thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Best case scenario, we right the ship offensively and are 4-1 heading into our rough stretch with Seattle and San Fran. I honestly think this is a legitimate possibility.

I'm actually more optimistic about the rest of the season after this week.

I think 4-1 is a definite possibility, opening up the scenario where we go 4-3 into the bye... The schedule softens up again after the bye for a bit (until Denver really)...

We should know more about Jake then... but I'm still hopeful the more snaps he gets, the more comfortable he'll be. Still making some bad throws, but he's limited the turnovers (0 after 2 weeks... which is being hugely understated). His good throws are also coming a little more frequently. I know I'm reaching, but there are a couple of signs of improvement...
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pollard had a good day Very Happy

2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner
seminoles1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
But here's some facts

Jake will get better be patient
He's made minimal improvement since his junior year of college. I'm tired of being patient with this guy.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
J.Redd10 wrote:
But here's some facts

Jake will get better be patient
He's made minimal improvement since his junior year of college. I'm tired of being patient with this guy.

Do you want to see Fitzpatrick? One thing Locker HAS done this year is avoid turnovers..and while Fitzpatrick is probably better at making plays, he also has more turnovers.

I KNOW IT NOW.

THE ONLY ANSWER.

THE RUSTY RIFLE.

But in all seriousness, guess we'll see what happens as the year goes on.

#MTGA
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've calmed down on Locker a little bit.

One thing we need to do is getting him to use his legs a lot more often.

They need to tell him to improvise more as well as throwing in some designed runs.

The pistol should have been implemented in Loggains offense this offseason.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's another bad thing about the playcalling. We ALL know that Jake throws much better on the run. Yet we didn't run a single bootleg today. Just pitiful job by the coaching staff in the game plan.

I'm still optimistic about the rest of the season. 8-8, 9-7.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing I will say about the playcalling is we have these guys like Preston, Hunter and Britt, but we don't take many shots with them.

Like Schuab did with Hopkins and Johnson, sometimes you just throw it to them and see if they make a play. That's what they there for.

I dont like trading up to get Hunter only to make him a spectator.

Like someone said earlier and I'll jump on it, if they don't trust Locker enough to put some air in the game, then we got the wrong QB in there.
We have players that can put some air in the offense yet we don't use them.

Don't get me wrong, I love the punch you in the face type offense. But when it's time to pass and and if we can't do anything better than 5 yard dump off then we not going to win many games.

Defense looks like it will keep us in games, but if our offense goes like we did in the 3rd quater with so many 3 and outs, then ughhh.....
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more venting type post....

Two parter.....

The chase for Manning doesn't seem so stupid now. If we had him on this team, I'd confidently say we are Super Bowl favorites. But then again, we might not have the money to make some of the moves we made this off-season.... ah well....

Second....
I love Locker (keep saying that cause I do) but.................some options I thought of at that time was to trade down and take JJ Watt (some kid from Wisconsin)or Ryan Kerrigan and take that other dude name Colin Kaepernick in the 2nd.
or
Trade down in the 1st and take Kaepernick.

Ah well again....Things happen for reason...just venting.... Go Titans.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
One more venting type post....

Two parter.....

The chase for Manning doesn't seem so stupid now. If we had him on this team, I'd confidently say we are Super Bowl favorites. But then again, we might not have the money to make some of the moves we made this off-season.... ah well....

Second....
I love Locker (keep saying that cause I do) but.................some options I thought of at that time was to trade down and take JJ Watt (some kid from Wisconsin)or Ryan Kerrigan and take that other dude name Colin Kaepernick in the 2nd.
or
Trade down in the 1st and take Kaepernick.

Ah well again....Things happen for reason...just venting.... Go Titans.
I was going to mention that in the GDT during the game. With Peyton Manning, we're the best team in the AFC. I don't really have any doubts about that.

Props to mike23md on the sig
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watch other teams (currently watching Seattle and SF) and I just watch them running SMART plays on offense. Plays that get their playmakers in position to make plays. We don't do stuff like that, I feel.

Like, Seattle just had Russell scramble to the right and had Lynch run a swing route up the left sideline. Wide open, 20 something yard gain. Are you telling me we cant do that with CJ and Locker? Locker can't be the runner Lynch is??

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
I just watch other teams (currently watching Seattle and SF) and I just watch them running SMART plays on offense. Plays that get their playmakers in position to make plays. We don't do stuff like that, I feel.

Like, Seattle just had Russell scramble to the right and had Lynch run a swing route up the left sideline. Wide open, 20 something yard gain. Are you telling me we cant do that with CJ and Locker? Locker can't be the runner Lynch is??

I will agree that our play design could use come creativity. But i think that goes back to the QB. Is the QB smart enough to handle a lot of wrinkles or do we have that "simplify" the playbook.

Locker isn't dumb as the Longhorn, Wink but I'm confusing not him for a cerebral QB.

Last edited by KingTitan on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm being to hard on Locker.......(classic love affair)..lol

We played two hard defenses. He can be better though.
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

I will agree that our play design could use come creativity. But i think that goes back to the QB. Is the QB smart enough to handle a lot of wrinkles or do we have that "simplify" the playbook.

Locker is dumb as the Longhorn, Wink but I'm confusing him for a cerebral QB.

I've got hammers smarter than the Longhorn. Don't get carried away.

Did they simplify the playbook on the big drive today? Locker didn't seem too stupid to pull that off. Even if that was heavily dumbed-down, it was better than the crap that was called for most of the game.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

Locker isnt dumb as the Longhorn, Wink but I'm not confusing him for a cerebral QB.

I've got hammers smarter than the Longhorn. Don't get carried away.

Did they simplify the playbook on the big drive today? Locker didn't seem too stupid to pull that off. Even if that was heavily dumbed-down, it was better than the crap that was called for most of the game.

Sorry...typo.. "ISN'T" as Dumb..and add "NOT" .sorry... I owe Locker a personal apology for that typo..lol
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing I didn't really mention in my first post:

Zach Brown and Derrick Morgan are studs. Over the course of the second half of last season and the first two games of this year, those two have clearly been our best players. Assuming he stays healthy, Morgan is going to end up being a top ten defensive end.

Zach Brown is just incredible. He's more physical than last year and he just flows to the football about as well as any LB we've had since prime Bulluck. Kid is going to be really, really good for a real long time.

Props to mike23md on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: