Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Knee-jerk reactions/thoughts
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Knee-jerk reactions/thoughts Reply with quote

Note: All opinions expressed in this post are facts

-Jake Locker sucks

-Dowell Loggains is possibly the worst playcaller we have had since Norm Chow. Seriously...I have not watched a came called more poorly on the offensive side of the ball since the Baltimore game during VY's rookie year

-Speaking of VY, anyone miss him yet?

-Munch is a fool. How many stupid penalties are our OLmen going to get called on them? Isn't he supposed to be the guy (along with Bruce) to make that unit smart and strong?

-Warmack is going through some growing pains, but also made some nice plays

-Refs did us no favors, especially on Kenny's comeback route that gave us a terrible spot. Should've been a first down but they marked it a yard short and then, you know, Jake throws it 5 yard over a wide open Britt

-The playcalling on our second to last possession on O was atrocious and predictable. We have an 8 point lead and good field position, but we run, run, screen pass. Did anyone else see that coming? I sure did. This is the Tennessee Titans we are talking about. They are the last team to ever put the nail in the coffin when they have a chance.

-Jurrell was a ghost

-Our D is sick, just got way too gassed

-To reiterate, Loggains is a joke. He makes ZERO attempt to get Jake in any sort of rhythm. Whatsoever.

-Jake Locker is a bad quarterback

-Kenny Britt should just be benched at this point

-I hate everything right now

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
TN4life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss VY.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions/thoughts Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:

-The playcalling on our second to last possession on O was atrocious and predictable. We have an 8 point lead and good field position, but we run, run, screen pass. Did anyone else see that coming? I sure did. This is the Tennessee Titans we are talking about. They are the last team to ever put the nail in the coffin when they have a chance.

Fisherball roots run deep.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions/thoughts Reply with quote

You're way off on a couple of things.

1. Nobody misses VY. Get over it.

2. Jurrell Casey was a ghost? Did you watch the game? At all? Like, even a little bit? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lol'd hard at missing VY and Jurrell being a ghost.

Left Tackle Michael Roos
Defensive Tackle Jurrell Casey
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions/thoughts Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

2. Jurrell Casey was a ghost? Did you watch the game? At all? Like, even a little bit? Laughing

1. I miss VY and I know my boy titans0021 does, too

2. Casey made some plays in run support but wasn't as effective rushing the passer as he was last week. True, the Texans OL>>Pitt's, but yea...the guy wasn't a tone-setter on D this week the way Brown and Pollard were. And he needs to be.

lol?

titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jurrell Casey and Derrick Morgan can be absolute beasts if they aren't allowed to be blatantly held on almost every passing down.

We're a good football team.

I'm not sure Locker will ever be anything more than a game-manager.

Chance Warmack is good.

Our safety play is hugely improved.

We need to beat San Diego next week. Home debut, after this start I'd like to think the crowd will be solid.

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
TN4life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet Locker still has not played as well as VY did as a Titan.
Locker blows.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions/thoughts Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

Yeah he was not a ghost. And VY would be checking himself into a mental hospital right now. We're 1-1 and got 3 winnable home games coming up, lets not jerk too many knees yet.
Titanium

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions/thoughts Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Yeah he was not a ghost. And VY would be checking himself into a mental hospital right now. We're 1-1 and got 3 winnable home games coming up, lets not jerk too many knees yet.

Laughing
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Knee-jerk reactions/thoughts Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect to win today and am excited about our defense (not our offense) going forward. 1-1 is what I expected to be at right now, so I'm optimistic going forward.

But Casey was not the tone setter he was last week. I saw him make some nice stops at the LOS, but I also saw him get pushed around and miss a big tackle in the backfield. I love the guy and am as high on him as everyone else, I just don't think this was a game up to his level, which is (warranted or not) high at this point.

titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-- I'm done with Jake. We can upgrade. I do miss VY.

-- Loggains has done Jake no favors. That was some of the most pathetic playcalls I've seen in a football game since Dave Clawson.

-- Defense is them goodies.

-- Texans won't win the division.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Jurrell Casey and Derrick Morgan can be absolute beasts if they aren't allowed to be blatantly held on almost every passing down.

I'm not sure Locker will ever be anything more than a game-manager.

Chance Warmack is good.

Our safety play is hugely improved.

We need to beat San Diego next week. Home debut, after this start I'd like to think the crowd will be solid.

I agree with all of this.

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
-- I'm done with Jake. We can upgrade. I do miss VY.

-- Loggains has done Jake no favors. That was some of the most pathetic playcalls I've seen in a football game since Dave Clawson.

-- Defense is them goodies.

-- Texans won't win the division.

Bold is beyond true and what I was trying to get at with my initial post. Loggains is John Shoop-esque.

It's like...why don't we try to get Jake some 3-step-drop plays, run some quick routes, try to get him in a nice rhythm and then eventually start opening the playbook up? All I'm seeing out there (outside of the first drive) is us running these long-developing pass plays that are tough enough as it to complete.

That tied in with the fact that we make it evident to the D that we are running the ball on 1st and 2nd so they stuff us, thus putting Jake in a 3rd and Long situation more often than not.

Jake is bad. But Loggains might be worse. I know that people may come to Loggains' rescue like they did Norm Chow back in the day. But you gotta call it how you see it here.

TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you say you miss VY you basically saying you're okay with a below average QB, you just want one who is a little more flashy.

Noone misses VY.

I used to cringe everytime he wound up to throw the ball downfield.

There is a reason that he is not on an NFL roster at the moment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: