Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Good, Bad and Ugly vs GB
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Good, Bad and Ugly vs GB Reply with quote

Good

Ummmmm I'll get back to ya...

Anyone?

1. It's only week 2. We have 14 games to fix this madness and I can't imagine us playing worse than the last two weeks

2. Jordan Reed looks like the real deal. I was wrong, DCRED was right, he's definitely the future at TE- 'Smoke Dog Fred' won't be back

3. Kerrigan, Orakpo and Riley seem to have the makings of a great LB trio of the future. They just need a 4th guy because this will be Fletch's last year

4. When Morris and Helu get the ball, they're great. We need to run more!

5. Garçon, Hank and Moss look good

Bad

1.RG3 is way out of sync. His footwork is bad and he's off target most throws, often late and behind his targets

2. The penalties we are having are just stupid and we look very undisciplined. For a coach who acts like he's always in control- he doesn't seen to be

3. The coaching staff. Two weeks in a row they just look lost and out coached. There are no adjustments on defense, they aren't moving the pocket for Rg3

4. The DL. As Mknight said in the game-day thread, they miss Carriker and Jenkins

Ugly

1. The secondary! It looks like 2010 and 2012. I guess the bright spot would be our #3 CB is only a rookie and so is our starting FS. They can only get better from here

2. The offensive line's pass blocking! This offensive line is good on the move. ZBS and play action off the zone stretch play is needed

3. John Potter- hopefully it's the last game we have to rely on him

4. Sav Rocca- woz was right, we need to update the punter position. Brian Moorman (the punter Sean Taylor rocked in the pro bowl) is available. Drew Buttler is available, he kicked pretty well for Pitt last year and is only 24.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad coaching move to have Potter attempt a 50 yarder as his first kick,go for it on fourth. Literally nothing to lose except for the game that we were losing badly

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Bad coaching move to have Potter attempt a 50 yarder as his first kick,go for it on fourth. Literally nothing to lose except for the game that we were losing badly
true, that's a heck of a lot of pressure to put on the young guy. They should have kicked the earlier FG (which I think was a 40 yarder) and punted instead of kicking the 50 yarder

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Geronimo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

Not sure. A missed FG is expected, but if he scores ...
Slateman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually thought that after the first quarter, Kerrigan, Orakpo, and Riley disappeared.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
I actually thought that after the first quarter, Kerrigan, Orakpo, and Riley disappeared.
I think Green Bay adjusted. They started throwing quicker passes, they didn't have Rodgers do as many 5 and 7 step drops. If a team has a quick passing game, it takes them out of the game

S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

Kai Forbath's first regular season kick as a Redskin was from 50 out.
He made it.

Potter just sucks.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:

Kai Forbath's first regular season kick as a Redskin was from 50 out.
He made it.

Potter just sucks.
not kicking a 40 yarder only to turn around and have him kick a 50 yarder is a bad coaching decision IMO

Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How have Morris and Helu looked great? The issue has been them not getting going.

Also, not sure where our stretch plays and bootlegs have gone. I think that's the biggest issue. One of two things is happening, either the Shanahan's are coaching scared or Robert has made the decision that he's not gonna run anymore. They are not moving the pocket, they are not running our offense, and its killing them. Morris is a big guy, but using him as a downhill runner is killing his greatest asset.

I just don't know which it is. Has Griffin decided he doesn't want to move or has the coaching staff decided he needs to remain in the pocket? Our OL isn't designed to be a drop back team which is the most infuriating part.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only good I would list is that the Cowboys and Eagles also lost, so we're only a game out of first place.

Other that, we got completely worked in all phases of the game. I expected to lose this one, but not as badly as we did. No one played what I would call well.

One for the ugly column:
Not one but two personal fouls on Will Montgomery. How the heck does a center get two personal fouls?!
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
The only good I would list is that the Cowboys and Eagles also lost, so we're only a game out of first place.

Other that, we got completely worked in all phases of the game. I expected to lose this one, but not as badly as we did. No one played what I would call well.

One for the ugly column:
Not one but two personal fouls on Will Montgomery. How the heck does a center get two personal fouls?!
How does a longsnapper commit two penalties on the same play?

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 46 tackles, 9 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 36 catches, 377 rec yards
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:

One for the ugly column:

I personally thought the calls were sketchy but we only saw [inappropriate/removed] replay.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:

One for the ugly column:

I personally thought the calls were sketchy but we only saw [inappropriate/removed] replay.

The hold was legitimate. The personal foul was admittedly sketchy.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L Fletcher played like his age plus 5 years .. awful. just awful..What a waste of our limited cap space..
I say again too-- RG3 should not be on the field .. Might be oK by week 5 but certainly not yet.. Whimpy call by coach S to play him .
tyler735

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
L Fletcher played like his age plus 5 years .. awful. just awful..What a waste of our limited cap space..
I say again too-- RG3 should not be on the field .. Might be oK by week 5 but certainly not yet.. Whimpy call by coach S to play him .

I hate this mentality. RG3 ABSOLUTELY should be on the field! He hasn't played great by any means, but he is coming back from a big injury, the only way for him to get back to normal is through game REPS. At this point it is more mental than anything/getting his timing back with his WR's. His accuracy was at times not where it should be today, but lets not forget he was playing at Lambeau field in the rain...not exactly a great environment to play in when you are trying to get your confidence/timing back.

Despite the fact that he's still overcoming the mental aspect of his injury, and had some accuracy/timing issues to start the season, he has still thrown for 649 yards (4th best in NFL) and 5 TD's (5th best in NFL) so far this season. Given the circumstances he is in with this injury, I am not worried about his play at all, and am actually impressed with what he has done this early in his comeback from the injury. People need to temper their expectations with RG3. Just because he's been in the media all offseason, and he has had all sorts of hype for the "all in for game 1" slogan, doesn't mean he is going to be back to 2012 RG3 right away...it will take time, but so far he is progressing well..

I do hope the Redskins work some more bootlegs and such just to get him moving around a little bit and throwing on the run some more in the coming weeks. I think that will help keep the DE's/OLB's honest even if RG3 doesn't take off and run instead of pass on those plays.

I'm not too worried right now. It's still early, and we played the new Eagles scheme, and the Packers...two very challenging offenses to go against, so I think our D will look a little better in the coming weeks...the Lions could also be tough this week, but I think it won't be nearly as bad as going against the Pack at Lambeau.

If the secondary doesn't improve in the coming weeks, I will start to worry, but with a couple rookies back there, and a revolving door at the other Safety spot so far, it's hard to get a real grasp for what they are capable of yet.

I have been pleasantly surprised with our WR/TE play. Garcon is an absolute beast, and should really help us out a lot if he can stay healthy. Reed has really surprised me, he looks like he could be a real threat at TE for us. The only glaring play that stuck out to me as terrible is the 4th down play to Morgan. He broke his route off early, so he didn't even get to the first down mark, and he wasn't able to catch a ball that was thrown directly at him, and tipped the ball way up in the air for an easy interception. Can't have those kinda errors in critical situations.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000244320/Packers-pick-off-RG-III
(As you can see he needs to get further down the field before he makes that break, and obviously has to catch the ball in this situation)

Seemed like the O-line did better in the second half at picking up the blitz. Mike McCarthy stated at half that the Packers weren't going to slow down in the 2nd half since they saw the Redskins almost come back last week against the Eagles, and it was evident in todays game, since they Pack were still sending the blitz and playing hard on D, so I was happy to see the line play better in the 2nd half.

I think the biggest thing for this coming week is that we need to start fast on offense and get into a rhythm early in the game. Will keep our D off the field, and not have so many plays run against them, which is a big part of the problem.

Last edited by tyler735 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: