Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs Defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt79511

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A truly great post, ryknowssd. Thank you.

So now you guys get why we Cowboys fans take any and every chance to homer Dez, I assume? He's ridiculous. A trulh horrifying.

Good game, best of luck this year. Destroy Philly, please.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
A truly great post, ryknowssd. Thank you.

So now you guys get why we Cowboys fans take any and every chance to homer Dez, I assume? He's ridiculous. A trulh horrifying.

Good game, best of luck this year. Destroy Philly, please.

Honestly, I've been a detractor of Dez's, in comparisons to Green and Julio around the comparisons forum, but color me converted. Guy is an elite player.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
56 catches, 747 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, and one fumble that wasn't a fumble
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only 1 player better than Dez at WR. People like to still talk about Larry Fitz, nuh uh.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
There is only 1 player better than Dez at WR. People like to still talk about Larry Fitz, nuh uh.

I'd say him, Megatron and AJ Green are all pretty much equal in terms of raw talent. Julio has the potential to get to the same level, but it hasn't happened yet from what I've seen.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much like some other folks in here, I am truly more of a believer after this game in Dez than ever before, but I still have many concerns. Gets banged up and disappears, and I'm always waiting for that off field issue to come up.

Those are reasons that I put him behind guys like Megatron, Julio and AJ Green. Now I'll say he seems to have matured and might have moved past the stupid stuff still plaguing guys like Blackmon etc.

Ryk about Allen, I couldn't agree more. Right now regardless of where we're picking in the first a new guard is at the top of my list.
jimmydee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost some respect for Tim Ryan (color commentary). Couldn't even pronounce Poe's first name correctly. Was he even in the pre-game production meetings???? Seemed like every chance he got, he was puffing up the Cowgirls.

And Dude, 1) get a suit that fits, 2) quit wearing a BROWN belt (and prob brown shoes) with a gray or blue suit, and, 3) get the pants tailored so they fit. You're on TV for Christ sakes, although you really do have a face for radio. Wink
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/9/17/4741866/kansas-city-chiefs-defense-week-2-dontari-poe-show

Apparently from The All-22 film, Bryant was not given Bracket coverage. Instead, Sutton went from blitzing DBs to blitzing LBs. All of a sudden Romo is getting hit more, pocket is collapsing and Bryant is running 5 yard routes to help Romo out. Then it starts getting more creative.

Awesome stuff.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excellent read - not only defense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000246391/article/andy-reids-kansas-city-chiefs-thriving-on-both-sides-of-the-ball
chiefs82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
An excellent read - not only defense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000246391/article/andy-reids-kansas-city-chiefs-thriving-on-both-sides-of-the-ball

Some tidbits from the article:
Quote:
it is apparent that, in addition to molding the scheme around the talents of his top players, Sutton is utilizing some of Ryan's innovative tactics to pressure quarterbacks -- mentally and physically. 

Quote:
While I'm certainly impressed with Sutton's creative play design, his ability to put his guys in the best position for success really stands out to me on tape. 

Quote:
Berry's ability to function as a Swiss army knife in the back end forces opponents to account for his whereabouts at all times, creating play-making opportunities for teammates.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:59/Sacks:17/FF:13/FR:0
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another nice analysis - I like what Paylor brings to the Star.
Paylor >>>> Teicher

http://t.co/ZQbFWRwaec
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, I was a Sutton doubter initially, but man has he impressed me. Isn't it astounding how our problem on defense always seemed to be depth and the gap between the stars (Berry/Flowers/Houston/DJ) and the other players, but now with Sutton the guys that are the key players in our defensive improvement are the likes of Hussain Abdullah, Mike DeVito, Akeem Jordan, and Ron Parker? A guy like Brandon Flowers can have a bad day, and it isn't the death of our defense. Houston and Hali can go sackless, and we're still going to put the heat on the QB. Feels so nice, can't even describe how much more fun I'm having watching the team this year. Haven't rooted this hard since 2003.

Also, random tidbit, kinda stuff I find interesting. After our four top LBs, no LB has seen more than 10 snaps over the course of the two games. We have, however, had NINE different DBs see over 10 snaps thus far. 34 times on defense we have sent a DB rushing the QB.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
56 catches, 747 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, and one fumble that wasn't a fumble
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
I have to say, I was a Sutton doubter initially, but man has he impressed me. Isn't it astounding how our problem on defense always seemed to be depth and the gap between the stars (Berry/Flowers/Houston/DJ) and the other players, but now with Sutton the guys that are the key players in our defensive improvement are the likes of Hussain Abdullah, Mike DeVito, Akeem Jordan, and Ron Parker? A guy like Brandon Flowers can have a bad day, and it isn't the death of our defense. Houston and Hali can go sackless, and we're still going to put the heat on the QB. Feels so nice, can't even describe how much more fun I'm having watching the team this year. Haven't rooted this hard since 2003.

Also, random tidbit, kinda stuff I find interesting. After our four top LBs, no LB has seen more than 10 snaps over the course of the two games. We have, however, had NINE different DBs see over 10 snaps thus far. 34 times on defense we have sent a DB rushing the QB.
\

I can say that I was confused with the Sutton pick up and then hated it with what the Jet fans were saying.

But now I can say I love him and hope he doesn't get stolen from up to b/c a head coach but I don't know how old he is so he might not. Very Happy
11 punt returns - 147 yards - 0 TD
3 kick returns - 114 yards - 0 TD
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Cowboys writer, Bob Sturm, who does a really good/technical analysis of Cowboys games. IF you are interested in reading the other perspective, I have put both his offensive and defensive analysis in this thread:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=530965&highlight=

One thing I found interesting:

Quote:
Sunday is a weird game to evaluate because offensively, the Cowboys seemed to be in a great spot almost halfway through the game. They had Dez Bryant dominating and were able to go to that matchup whenever they wanted. It seemed to be early in the 2nd Quarter that KC Defensive Coordinator Bob Sutton decided to increase the pressure on Tony Romo and the offense by blitzing more and more. In the first 3 drives, the Chiefs blitzed Romo once. On the 5th drive alone, they blitzed 6 times in a row. They figured out what Redskins DC Jim Haslett knows: the best way to take Dez Bryant out of the game is not coverage - it is pressure.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Field position is overlooked by fans and media, but not by coaches. Why? Because, if you start at your 21 and the Chiefs average their own 35, that means over the course of 10-12 possessions, you are conceding 140-170 yards to your opponent. 140-170 yards! Suddenly, when you tell me that you gained 318 and they gained 313, you see why that doesn't tell the whole story. You gained 5 more yards, but were starting with a 150 yard deficit. That won't cut it.

I mentioned after the thread that I thought your punter was the key to the game.

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great day for the Defense.

Don't like the rushing yard totals, but what can you do against Vick and Shady in 3 days prep? But man we were pressuring the QB and forcing turnovers like crazy. When it was needed they closed the game out.

Have come a long way, can't wait to see what we have in store for Manning the younger with nearly 9 days of preparation.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get to watch the game (No NFL Network and had to work anyway) but what I will say is, in almost every big play highlight for the Eagles it seemed like Lewis either seemed out of position or got ran over a couple of times. He also made a couple stops on plays that could have been bigger, but I think from what I saw, this was his worst game of the season.

As he seemed to be playing deep center field a lot, it just seemed on some of the longer runs he simply read the break of the runner wrong.

But we did well (still too many yards) holding one of the "best/highest scoring" offenses to under 20 points again this week. We truly are becoming a threat with each win. Now we still have a lot of games against a lot of powerful teams...but how can we not be excited!

Next week with the 3 headed WR monster that the NYG can be we will be tested for sure. Glad we have a couple of extra days to rest/prepare.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: