Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kaepernick was almost an Eagle... damn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:

I have faith in Tom Gamble.

In a year or two when Rex is let go, and if our defense hasn't gotten better, maybe the Eagles will think about firing Billy Davis and hiring Rex Ryan as our defensive coordinator since they seem to be somewhat close.

But this is looking very far into the future and of Billy Davis doesn't pan out. Billy still deserves a lot of time.

You really need to give Davis three years to get the players into his system and teach it. If after three years they still aren't doing it, then move on.

3yrs?? Are you kidding I'm thinking 3 weeks. NO had 43 personnel and practically the worse DEF EVER last yr. They've played 10x better Def in the first two weeks. The fact dorkface was able to practically read the D and adjust to the proper play almost every time is laughable. I don't think we made them punt until late 2nd half.

Nawleans also had talent who could fit into the 34. Plus they had talent in their secondary (and added to it with their draft picks).

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RollEagles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying it should be done but wouldn't it seem like Rex Ryan as our defensive coordinator would be perfect?

Chip leaves the defense to his defensive coordinator. Rex can't pick a QB or put together an offense to save his job as a head coach. But, what he can do it build a strong defense. Chip as the head coach and offensive guru. And Rex as purely the defensive guru.

Billy Davis does deserve a fair shot though. Our DC job has been a revolving door for the past few years. Continuity will be nice.

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verdict is still out on New Orleans, not hard to look good against Josh Freeman.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Verdict is still out on New Orleans, not hard to look good against Josh Freeman.

Not to mention there O was not scary at all yesterday... One win against Atlanta doesn't make them the best team in that division. Anything could still happen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
I'm not saying it should be done but wouldn't it seem like Rex Ryan as our defensive coordinator would be perfect?

Chip leaves the defense to his defensive coordinator. Rex can't pick a QB or put together an offense to save his job as a head coach. But, what he can do it build a strong defense. Chip as the head coach and offensive guru. And Rex as purely the defensive guru.

Billy Davis does deserve a fair shot though. Our DC job has been a revolving door for the past few years. Continuity will be nice.

Rex Ryan or Ron Rivera would be great, but you don't get rid of a guy after 1 year.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
RollEagles wrote:

Rex Ryan or Ron Rivera would be great, but you don't get rid of a guy after 1 year.

Marky your right!

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:

Honestly, it won't matter who our D-Coordinator is if we don't upgrade the talent everywhere. I don't blame Davis for this teams failures completely, there is simply a lack of talent in that unit.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everyone complaining about QB situation when it's the defense that will hold you back in Chip Kelly era?

You give Chip Kelly a defense and he can build a dynasty

I told yall as long as Vick is at least on the field that more often than not he'll look like an MVP candidate than a mediocre or below average QB.

That's the Chip Kelly effect. He can maximize the talent out of the QB position.

You guys still scoff at the notion of Vick having 3-4 years left, but you will have to admit at least at the end of this season that you were wrong on him even having 1 more year left.

And Vick or no Vick, if Eagles get a viable dual threat QB with decent enough arm strength to stretch the field and ability to make all the NFL throws, QB position will be least of your worries

In fact Chip Kelly may commodify the QB position making a Kaepernick seem like a dime a dozen compared to some rare irreplaceable player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: