Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 2: Chargers at Iggles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neutral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Rotoworld really hates Philip Rivers. Laughing

They're quickly losing any credibility they once had. Everything they write slams one player/team or another
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

They're quickly losing any credibility they once had. Everything they write slams one player/team or another

You read what they write about the Jets and Raiders Laughing

Raiders since the pre-season they wrote will go 0-16.
Tom Brady Tribute
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

"PHilip Rivers has 7 TD passes, but he still sucks. He plays in a horizontal offense so he's bound to regress fast"

As if they don't see the amount of deep strikes is seeing or the fact that the short passing has WORKED. Rolling Eyes

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what anybody else says. I'm happier then a tornado in a trailer park that we beat a team as good as the Eagles.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:

It was likely from Silva, who is ****ing hack. You can always tell which players he loves and which one he hates from his blurbs.

Rotoworld is still good for news, but their personal analysis sucks ***.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome win follks. As others have said, this is the type of game we usually lose and I'm glad the team was able to bounce back from that disheartening loss to Houston and get a W! Also, our offensive game plan was awesome. We converted near damn every 3rd down! Philip was on point!

Defensively, I'm not too bummed because I know Philly will do this to nearly everyone they play. Why did Wright not have anyone helping him with DeSean, though? He was getting beat every time.

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 318 rush yds(7.6), 660 rec yds(13.2), 5 TDs
Tyner: 387 rush yds(4.4), 65 rec yds(7.2), 4 TDs
Freeman: 1050 rush yds(5.6), 106 rec yds(9.6), 16 TDs
Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
Awesome win follks. As others have said, this is the type of game we usually lose and I'm glad the team was able to bounce back from that disheartening loss to Houston and get a W! Also, our offensive game plan was awesome. We converted near damn every 3rd down! Philip was on point!

Defensively, I'm not too bummed because I know Philly will do this to nearly everyone they play. Why did Wright not have anyone helping him with DeSean, though? He was getting beat every time.

Thats how you have to play the spread option, because if you keep 2 guys deep, they'll be able to run it down your throat every down. You gotta blitz the hell out of it, and hope you can get there before Vick has time to make a good throw deep.

You have to trust your CB's to make the 1 on 1 tackles, and they did that all game.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Neutral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Shareece Wright, did something seem off with him today? He looked.. slow out there. He was consistently a step behind DeSean Jackson and was beat deep several times. Did he get banged up at some point that I missed? I don't remember him being that slow.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
Speaking of Shareece Wright, did something seem off with him today? He looked.. slow out there. He was consistently a step behind DeSean Jackson and was beat deep several times. Did he get banged up at some point that I missed? I don't remember him being that slow.

He's not hurt, and isn't slow, DeSean is just Really, REALLY fast...he makes everyone look fast.

We gambled on our pass rush getting there before Vick could beat us deep, trying to blitz the hell out of him. He beat us once, and thats just whats gonna happen when you play man against one of the fastest WR's in the league.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I've enjoyed the win; back to my usual demeanor.

We had two red zone turnovers and we can't expect to lose 14 points on boneheaded decisions and win a ton of games. Luckily we played well enough to overcome shooting ourselves in the foot but wrap up that football. I can't believe how well our defense did in this game.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Neutral wrote:

He's not hurt, and isn't slow, DeSean is just Really, REALLY fast...he makes everyone look fast.

We gambled on our pass rush getting there before Vick could beat us deep, trying to blitz the hell out of him. He beat us once, and thats just whats gonna happen when you play man against one of the fastest WR's in the league.

We also didn't jam DeSean at the line which is textbook on what you're supposed to do (someone from the Cowboys forum at one point had a statistical comparison of Jackson's production when he's jammed at the line versus when he's not and it's staggering the difference/increase when you don't jam him).

It also didn't help, I hate giving Diefdorf and the clueless commentary credit, that Gilchrist was in single-high at centerfield when they'd already shown that they wanted to test Wright deep when they got him on Jackson in obvious single-coverage pre-snap (DeSean just happened to step out of bounds while making the catch the first time).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
Neutral wrote:

We also didn't jam DeSean at the line which is textbook on what you're supposed to do (someone from the Cowboys forum at one point had a statistical comparison of Jackson's production when he's jammed at the line versus when he's not and it's staggering the difference/increase when you don't jam him).

It also didn't help, I hate giving Diefdorf and the clueless commentary credit, that Gilchrist was in single-high at centerfield when they'd already shown that they wanted to test Wright deep when they got him on Jackson in obvious single-coverage pre-snap (DeSean just happened to step out of bounds while making the catch the first time).

Then when it went off his fingertips and again when Vick overthrew him by 3-5 yards. It was clear that that was what they were going after.

But yeah, you just cant play a single high S after they've shown they want to test one guy deep.

MrDrew wrote:
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:

Well Desean Jackson is a 4.3 runner so it isn't a surprise Wright looked a step slow compared to him.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
Neutral wrote:

Then when it went off his fingertips and again when Vick overthrew him by 3-5 yards. It was clear that that was what they were going after.

But yeah, you just cant play a single high S after they've shown they want to test one guy deep.

Well, you can, but you've got to cheat him to the side of the more dynamic/dangerous receiver. If it means running the risk of getting burned by Riley Cooper in unprotected single coverage then so be it - but that chances of that are substantially lower than they are of getting burned by Jackson in a similar situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: