Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Oakland Raiders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Jaguars
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Raiders
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
Teddy Bridgewater
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Jadeveon Clowney
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Henne's old mustache
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

Author Message
ethan raphael


Joined: 25 Jul 2013
Posts: 253
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Midget would have been worse than Kaepernick tonight without Marshawn Lynch and the refs to bail him out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43224
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Trashes Quarterbacks playing against top 5 defenses
>Defends Gabbert, who plays like crap even against horrible defense
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tikitiger


Joined: 22 Oct 2005
Posts: 4019
Location: The University of South Carolina
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys realize the draft isn't for like another 8 months? Though I can't wait to pick up another supreme NFL talent like Luke Joeckel, "worst player of all time" Laughing I cried laughing when I read that a page or so ago. He really might be that bad.
_________________
#4 South Carolina Gamecocks 11-2
We didn't make the BCS?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43224
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikitiger wrote:
You guys realize the draft isn't for like another 8 months?
What else do we have to look forward to? The beating Seattle is about to put on us?

Quote:
Though I can't wait to pick up another supreme NFL talent like Luke Joeckel, "worst player of all time" Laughing I cried laughing when I read that a page or so ago. He really might be that bad.
He's going to be okay. Flipping and doing everything in reverse isn't that easy. It doesn't help that he went up against garbage all offseason and was never tested.
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 2869
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
tikitiger wrote:
You guys realize the draft isn't for like another 8 months?
What else do we have to look forward to? The beating Seattle is about to put on us?

Quote:
Though I can't wait to pick up another supreme NFL talent like Luke Joeckel, "worst player of all time" Laughing I cried laughing when I read that a page or so ago. He really might be that bad.
He's going to be okay. Flipping and doing everything in reverse isn't that easy. It doesn't help that he went up against garbage all offseason and was never tested.


That still counts as somewhat of a strike against this front office as far as i'm concerned though. I think you're right, and Joeckel picks things up and puts it all together in time. But for a #2 pick...his immediate impact has been frankly, pretty poor.

It wasn't exactly a secret that the kid would be moved to RT for the time being, and that it might be a very rough transition.


But yeah. At this point...the next draft is really all we have to look forward to. This team doesn't look like the sort of unfortunate 0-2 team with narrow losses to great teams, that has any chance of turning things around and making a playoff push this season.


We need a legitimate QB. Along with an awful long list of other things. All we've got to believe in at this point, is Teddy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43224
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
We need a legitimate QB. Along with an awful long list of other things. All we've got to believe in at this point, is Teddy.
You can believe in Blaine too, apparently.
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20271
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too worried about Joeckel right now. Trust me, it's a very odd transition for Joeckel to make. He has to go against years of muscle memory. Also, Cyprien looked pretty bad in our preseason games (specifically, it was obvious how he wasn't used to the speed of the game - note: the penalties his first game) and he seemed to really get going against Oakland.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 2869
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
We need a legitimate QB. Along with an awful long list of other things. All we've got to believe in at this point, is Teddy.
You can believe in Blaine too, apparently.


I'd rather not anymore, really. Confused

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I'm not too worried about Joeckel right now. Trust me, it's a very odd transition for Joeckel to make. He has to go against years of muscle memory. Also, Cyprien looked pretty bad in our preseason games (specifically, it was obvious how he wasn't used to the speed of the game - note: the penalties his first game) and he seemed to really get going against Oakland.


I'm sure in time, he'll adjust to the RT job. He's far too talented as a tackle to be unable to adjust. But it still comes back to the very same question that was asked when he was drafted...

Why draft a RT who hasn't played on the right side in a very long time...when you can potentially get a completely competent RT (who doesn't have to change his entire game around with a mirror)...several rounds later?

It's not like that was the only need. And we're not a team in a position to go pure BPA because we have seriously pressing needs, obviously.


I still don't dislike the Joeckel pick...but the questions that were there on draft day, are still baring themselves out now as this team struggles and Joeckel hasn't exactly stepped in seamlessly as a day 1 starter and impact performer. As is often expected of top-5 picks.


Cyprien on the other hand, appears absolutely on the right trajectory. He's still got a good ways to go, but the guy has exactly the skillset and attitude this defense is looking for. The experience will come. And he'll be afforded that opportunity because he wasn't picked 2nd overall. There's weight to that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43224
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thought process is likely

1. We're not going to compete for the playoffs this year, so having a guy take a bit to adjust isn't a problem.

2. Joeckel's ceiling is that of an All-Pro, Tony Boselli type cornerstone on the right side. Pairing him up with Monroe (and adding someone inside too, probably) will eventually lead to brick wall for pass protection that you won't likely get with a second or third rounder.

3. They believed that Joexkel was the best player in the draft.

It's also very likely that Cyp and Gratz were going to be the picks in 2 and 3 regardless of whether we took Joeckel or Dion. So then we're looking at a 4th rounder, who probably doesn't play too much better than Joeckel to start, and certainly doesn't have the upside that Joeckel does.
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 2869
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
The thought process is likely

1. We're not going to compete for the playoffs this year, so having a guy take a bit to adjust isn't a problem.

2. Joeckel's ceiling is that of an All-Pro, Tony Boselli type cornerstone on the right side. Pairing him up with Monroe (and adding someone inside too, probably) will eventually lead to brick wall for pass protection that you won't likely get with a second or third rounder.

3. They believed that Joexkel was the best player in the draft.

It's also very likely that Cyp and Gratz were going to be the picks in 2 and 3 regardless of whether we took Joeckel or Dion. So then we're looking at a 4th rounder, who probably doesn't play too much better than Joeckel to start, and certainly doesn't have the upside that Joeckel does.


That definitely seems to be the case here.

I really hope #2 is true, and and that #1 plays into the last point.

If we land the 2013 draft with the foundations of a Stone Wall O-Line and a SS who can blow things up like Cyprien has shown flashes of...that's already a better draft than we've seen in quite a while. But that doesn't mean there aren't questions.

The fact that the entire middle of our O-Line is a disaster does not help make Joeckel look better either. That entire unit needs an overhaul to complement what is hopefully the true 'elite bookends' they seemed to be after in the draft.

Until that interior is shored up and we see an 'adjusted' Joeckel though...it's awfully tough to see (and as an extension of that, sell) the idea of a Stone Wall. It certainly hasn't look as such thus far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 40400
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Well, i'm impressed. It appears they've managed to make a bad team worse.


This isn't a bad thing when you look at the big picture:






This is a rebuild. Gotta be patient boys.


We wantz the teddy bear


You can has Boyd. You're going to beat us week 13.


I just want our fire crotch ginger QB gone. Our defense is playing their hearts out and we've scored a grand total of 16 points. Sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43224
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I just want our fire crotch ginger QB gone. Our defense is playing their hearts out and we've scored a grand total of 16 points. Sad
12 for us, 10 by the offense, 3 that weren't in garbage time. Cry somewhere else. Laughing
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bad meets Evil


Joined: 23 Sep 2011
Posts: 1637
Location: Duval
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Well, i'm impressed. It appears they've managed to make a bad team worse.


This isn't a bad thing when you look at the big picture:






This is a rebuild. Gotta be patient boys.


We wantz the teddy bear


You can has Boyd. You're going to beat us week 13.


I just want our fire crotch ginger QB gone. Our defense is playing their hearts out and we've scored a grand total of 16 points. Sad


You have come to the wrong place for sympathy. Please stay away from lord theodore.

Gonna rewatch the game at lunch. RIP my eyes.
_________________

Credit to IPwn for da sig
Adopt a Jag
Johnathan Cyprien - 41 tackles, 3 FF, 1 sack
Mike Brown - 5 receptions, 63 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ethan raphael


Joined: 25 Jul 2013
Posts: 253
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL you guys looking for some scrawny kid living in a dorm to lead the team to the promised land. Some poster on here trying to dump Andy Dalton, who could do no wrong when he started out. Newton and Griffin both start out 0-2 same as the Jags. Bradford and Freeman, the next big things from a couple years back both on the outs. Kaepernick has a worse game last night than Gabbert's from last week. Wilson starts out like 1 for 12 with a pick, or something, until the refs help him out again. Grass is always greener when you get to play on it on Saturdays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bad meets Evil


Joined: 23 Sep 2011
Posts: 1637
Location: Duval
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethan raphael wrote:
LOL you guys looking for some scrawny kid living in a dorm to lead the team to the promised land. Some poster on here trying to dump Andy Dalton, who could do no wrong when he started out. Newton and Griffin both start out 0-2 same as the Jags. Bradford and Freeman, the next big things from a couple years back both on the outs. Kaepernick has a worse game last night than Gabbert's from last week. Wilson starts out like 1 for 12 with a pick, or something, until the refs help him out again. Grass is always greener when you get to play on it on Saturdays.


What are you even saying?
_________________

Credit to IPwn for da sig
Adopt a Jag
Johnathan Cyprien - 41 tackles, 3 FF, 1 sack
Mike Brown - 5 receptions, 63 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group