Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kenny Britt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read on Rotoworld that the Tennessean wrote there sure the Titans would listen on offers for Britt but the Titans prob wont get anything in return worth trading him for. Id still try Det now needs a WR if I was the Titans id try

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 8 Tackles 5 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 9 Tackles 4 Assist 1 Sack
therealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Walker, even if he's not the receiving threat we want him to be, is already paying off in blocking. That alone makes him much better than Cook ever was. Cook was a cancer in the locker room and didn't deserve even half of what St Louis paid him. We've got Wright, Washington, Hunter and Williams in our receiving corp and that'll do just fine for our offense. Washington is that savy vet who you can always rely on, Wright is that shifty in space guy who is excellent as a slot wr/bubble screen kind of guy, Hunter is our deep threat, and Williams is that all-around, not great at anything, not bad at anything type of guy who is fine as a #4. We're good with receiving options.

I love when people throw out the "Cancer in the locker room" when they've probably never got within 50 feet of the locker room.. Yet.. they can tell you whether someone's a cancer or not..

He wasn't a cancer in the locker room.. They had differences.. yes..

I guess I'm looking at the possibility of a dynamic & diverse offense. Maybe he wasn't the starting tight end we had all hoped for..

But dang, the Titans can be a little bit more creative in how we use people. We need to use them for what they are.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Walker, even if he's not the receiving threat we want him to be, is already paying off in blocking. That alone makes him much better than Cook ever was. Cook was a cancer in the locker room and didn't deserve even half of what St Louis paid him. We've got Wright, Washington, Hunter and Williams in our receiving corp and that'll do just fine for our offense. Washington is that savy vet who you can always rely on, Wright is that shifty in space guy who is excellent as a slot wr/bubble screen kind of guy, Hunter is our deep threat, and Williams is that all-around, not great at anything, not bad at anything type of guy who is fine as a #4. We're good with receiving options.

I love when people throw out the "Cancer in the locker room" when they've probably never got within 50 feet of the locker room.. Yet.. they can tell you whether someone's a cancer or not..

I guess I'm looking at the possibility of a dynamic & diverse offense. Maybe he wasn't the starting tight end we had all hoped for..

But dang, the Titans can be a little bit more creative in how we use people. We need to use them for what they are.

Anyone who complains to the media then goes on to pretty much quit during the middle of games is a locker room cancer, in my definition anyway. Even if a player sucks, I would rather have him out there giving 100% than a "really talented" player out there barely giving 50%. Jake Locker, as bad as he was at times last year, never quit. Hasselbeck, despite losing the starting job and not being quite as good physically as he once was, never quit. Nate Washington, despite rumors of him being unhappy with the offense, never quit. McCouty, Verner, Morgan and Casey, despite pretty much the entire defense out side of them being a gigantic joke, never quit.

I would personally have absolutely no room on my team for idiots like Cook and Britt. They don't belong in this sport in my opinion, and they get paid way too much to be performing like they do. They would also be cut from my roster if I couldn't get anything for them in a trade.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
s_camp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

What else can you do with a TE sized WR with no-so-great movement skills? He covers a lot of ground because of his stride length, but he doesn't change direction very well (not like a WR is what I mean) and he sure as hell can't actually play TE.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be more adverse to get down on the Titans if the players left here and went on to become "Welker" somewhere else.

Why don't we use Chris Johnson at WR more.... Well he doesn't have the most reliable hands.

Why didn't we use Cook...etc well he didn't exactly master the playbook and isn't a true TE.

Cook, Britt. they are superior athletes, but as football players they lack a lot. If Nate had their size and ability Nate would be G.O.A.T. probably.

But I'm not going to knock the Titans for not being all super creative with a guy when they can't seem to master the basics of their position.

Moss wasn't a great route runner and didn't really go over the middle, but he mastered what he was good at. Britt can't do that. He hasn't mastered being physical, he hasn't mastered making clutch catches.....he just hasn't.

He could everything T.O was without the attitude yet he is......David Boston without the achievements. A big freak of a player .

If i was GM or OC, i'm not going to wreck my brain on how to get him in the game. Move on to someone who wants it like Preston or Hunter.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Anyone who complains to the media then goes on to pretty much quit during the middle of games is a locker room cancer, in my definition anyway. Even if a player sucks, I would rather have him out there giving 100% than a "really talented" player out there barely giving 50%. Jake Locker, as bad as he was at times last year, never quit. Hasselbeck, despite losing the starting job and not being quite as good physically as he once was, never quit. Nate Washington, despite rumors of him being unhappy with the offense, never quit. McCouty, Verner, Morgan and Casey, despite pretty much the entire defense out side of them being a gigantic joke, never quit.

They don't belong in this sport in my opinion, and they get paid way too much to be performing like they do. They would also be cut from my roster if I couldn't get anything for them in a trade.I would personally have absolutely no room on my team for idiots like Cook and Britt.

over do it much???

Anyway... Like i said...

What you stated to be a locker room cancer... is not a locker room cancer..

A cancer spreads their negativity throughout the locker room and creates a bad environment.

Although he had his differences, he still was able to get along with his teammates and even go out with a couple of them on multiple occasions..

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and I wont attack anyone for theirs...

But, you just didn't know what you were talking about and had to make something up like "Locker Room Cancer" to attempt to justify your point...

I'll just say this..

When guys are performing , we see the "Oh I love this guy..." "This guys is awesome.. he just can't be stopped" .. but once they hit a slump, we start talking about how they can't do this and they should never be in this sport and etc etc...

That's the part that makes me chuckle.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
I'll just say this..

When guys are performing , we see the "Oh I love this guy..." "This guys is awesome.. he just can't be stopped" .. but once they hit a slump, we start talking about how they can't do this and they should never be in this sport and etc etc...

That's the part that makes me chuckle.

It is funny, but again it's no different than any other fan base. GDT are that times 10. QB makes a bad play and it's hang the QB. TD pass.. All praises.

Way it is.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld says Britt has a slight fracture in one of his ribs from that fall he took, but is still likely to play this week.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
VY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Just read on Rotoworld that the Tennessean wrote there sure the Titans would listen on offers for Britt but the Titans prob wont get anything in return worth trading him for. Id still try Det now needs a WR if I was the Titans id try

And now PFT (as well as Schefter) confirm that. Still don't think we get great value in a trade. If you don't get a 3rd or 4th what's the point?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/29/titans-reportedly-fielding-offers-for-kenny-britt/
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

And now PFT (as well as Schefter) confirm that. Still don't think we get great value in a trade. If you don't get a 3rd or 4th what's the point?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/29/titans-reportedly-fielding-offers-for-kenny-britt/

Whats the point? Why keep him? He offers nothing and is taking away snaps from players who actually want to play and succeed. That's the point. We'll be lucky to get a 7th round pick for the bum. He's a cancer.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
VY wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

Whats the point? Why keep him? He offers nothing and is taking away snaps from players who actually want to play and succeed. That's the point. We'll be lucky to get a 7th round pick for the bum. He's a cancer.

I'd take a 6th or a 7th rounder for him. Can't forget that McCourty was a 6th rounder and Finnegan was a 7th rounder. Doesn't always happen but you never know.

Also a good chance to draft someone else to return punts.
VY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
VY wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

What does a 7th rounder do for you? No guarantees they even make the roster. And the "cancer" thing is completely off base. He had one tweet, and by all appearances seems to be well-liked by his teammates if you watch one second of the game or read one interview.

If someone goes down (like it looked like Wright might have today) it's not bad to keep him around as an insurance policy.
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britt for Freeman. I'd do it.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
VY wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

And now PFT (as well as Schefter) confirm that. Still don't think we get great nny-britt/

ahh... the overused C word again lol
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
VY wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

And now PFT (as well as Schefter) confirm that. Still don't think we get great nny-britt/

ahh... the overused C word again lol

It's the truth. Calling out your team through social media, cancer.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: