Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Falcons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Week 1 Player of the Week?
Jared Cook (7 rec. 141 yards, 2 TDs)
61%
 61%  [ 19 ]
Sam Bradford (27/38 299 yards, 2 TDs 1 INT)
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Greg Zuerlein (4/4 48 long)
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Robert Quinn (NFC DPOW)
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 31

Halradio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough loss on what could have been a winnable game on the road.

The Good -

The Rams passing offense can go toe to toe in a shoot out - hanging 21 points on a decent defense inside a 1 1/2 quarters is no small feat.

Run defense - ok they lost their top RB after the first series, but SJAX wasn't exactly tearing it up before he left.

Young WRs - the Falcons took Cook out of the game, yet the Rams found a way to get it done with the likes of Givens, Austin, and Pettis.

The Not So Good -

Losing Saffold. Teams don't have too many starting caliber linemen in the stable.

Cook being shut down for virtually the entire contest

The pass that clanged off Richardson's hands. It was a fluke play coupled with some heads up defense. However, that pick 6 was the difference in the score.

The Downright Ugly

Inability of the secondary to stop opposing teams number one WR for the second week in row. I like Jenkins. He has all the tools be a shut down corner, but he has got to step it up. You can't let somebody like Julio Jones get past you.

Not so special teams - I don't care who you put on the field - if you are starting inside your 10-15 yard line drive after drive you are not going to have any kind of success.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:
The Downright Ugly

Inability of the secondary to stop opposing teams number one WR for the second week in row. I like Jenkins. He has all the tools be a shut down corner, but he has got to step it up. You can't let somebody like Julio Jones get past you.
We just went up against two of the Top 10 WRs in all of football, I would argue two of the Top 5. And neither one was all about a specific one of the Secondary members. Janoris has the potential, but he is no Joe Haden at this point, so to be expecting that out of this is asking way too much right now.

Im more worried about what I was seeing Harry Douglas doing to Cortland again, that is so much more alarming than what Possibly the 2nd most talented WR in Football did against us.

Next week will be more of the same, I expect Dez to get his, but we better stop Miles Austin or we will be on the wrong end again. Now if Boldin & Cecil Shorts start to torch us, then we have some problems.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Halradio wrote:
The Downright Ugly

We just went up against two of the Top 10 WRs in all of football, I would argue two of the Top 5. And neither one was all about a specific one of the Secondary members. Janoris has the potential, but he is no Joe Haden at this point, so to be expecting that out of this is asking way too much right now.

Im more worried about what I was seeing Harry Douglas doing to Cortland again, that is so much more alarming than what Possibly the 2nd most talented WR in Football did against us.

Next week will be more of the same, I expect Dez to get his, but we better stop Miles Austin or we will be on the wrong end again. Now if Boldin & Cecil Shorts start to torch us, then we have some problems.

I gotta say...what's particularly infuriating to me is that we play so far off. I could understand giving up 5 yard cushions but when we're giving up 7 and 10 yard cushions...especially when it's 2nd and 5 or 3rd and 5...you're asking to get torched. Every NFL QB is quite happy to throw underneath your coverage and pick-up 7 to 9 yards at a time.

We gotta lock it down some. As far as Jenkins, I want to analyze that 84 yard TD.

I fear that young Mr. McLeod might have been out of position again.

That all said, you also had to see it coming. I certainly did. Said before the game that's how I'd attack Janoris. Throw underneath him a lot then catch him being too aggressive with a double move.

That's who he is. If we had a great FS, like Earl Thomas, I feel like things would be a little different.

McLeod is playing admirably...far better than Dahl...but he's still making young player mistakes. And we have to keep that in mind.

As far as Cortland, his game has always been to give up the underneath stuff...what concerns me is that he's playing a lot softer than he did in the past and making some errors he usually doesn't make.(like getting turned around by Fitz on an obvious speed out)

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
As far as Cortland, his game has always been to give up the underneath stuff...what concerns me is that he's playing a lot softer than he did in the past and making some errors he usually doesn't make.(like getting turned around by Fitz on an obvious speed out)
Yea but he wasnt letting guys like Harry Douglas do that to him before. And Im actually a pretty big Douglas fan, but Finnegan has to be better than tat or he is going to be gone.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Halradio wrote:
The Downright Ugly

I gotta say...what's particularly infuriating to me is that we play so far off. I could understand giving up 5 yard cushions but when we're giving up 7 and 10 yard cushions...especially when it's 2nd and 5 or 3rd and 5...you're asking to get torched. Every NFL QB is quite happy to throw underneath your coverage and pick-up 7 to 9 yards at a time.

We gotta lock it down some. As far as Jenkins, I want to analyze that 84 yard TD.

I fear that young Mr. McLeod might have been out of position again.

That all said, you also had to see it coming. I certainly did. Said before the game that's how I'd attack Janoris. Throw underneath him a lot then catch him being too aggressive with a double move.

That's who he is. If we had a great FS, like Earl Thomas, I feel like things would be a little different.

McLeod is playing admirably...far better than Dahl...but he's still making young player mistakes. And we have to keep that in mind.

I believe he was too aggressive and went to help the corner on the opposite side. Since Douglas kept getting those first downs on us with those posts.. so he went to that side to help and julio was left open

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
Emcee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Barksdale seems to be doing a great job filling in at RT. Hopefully he can keep it up, because Saffold seems to be as frail as ever.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emcee wrote:
Joe Barksdale seems to be doing a great job filling in at RT. Hopefully he can keep it up, because Saffold seems to be as frail as ever.

I feel bad.. although this injury was a typical lineman injury. Happens so often when someone falls and hits the knee. He's lucky he got his legs away or it would be much worse

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
Emcee wrote:

I feel bad.. although this injury was a typical lineman injury. Happens so often when someone falls and hits the knee. He's lucky he got his legs away or it would be much worse

Doesn't change the fact that Saffold is soft and doesn't play through pain.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodger Glassold.

It seems like a weekly occurrence unless he's not playing that Saffold goes down with an injury early in the game.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Rodger Glassold.

It seems like a weekly occurrence unless he's not playing that Saffold goes down with an injury early in the game.

For whatever it's worth, I totally support that nickname. I've been saying he needs to be replaced for awhile now. I acknowledge the fact that it would have been silly to cut/trade him this off-season, I doubt he will be a priority for us next year.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Rodger Glassold.

For whatever it's worth, I totally support that nickname. I've been saying he needs to be replaced for awhile now. I acknowledge the fact that it would have been silly to cut/trade him this off-season, I doubt he will be a priority for us next year.

I would have traded him this off-season if we got a decent offer.

But yea, I hope we can replace him in the draft. Would love to see Jake Matthews in Horns...but that won't happen. Still, Tiny Richardson would be a nice consolation price.

I'd love if we really addressed the OL this off-season. It's a solid unit now but if we used a couple higher picks, we might be able to make it elite. I'd be ecstatic if we came away with Tiny Richardson and Cedric Ogbuehi or something like that with 2 of our first 4 picks.

STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Chris Long been going into a 2 point stance on some plays? Does that have to do with his hip injury?
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Has Chris Long been going into a 2 point stance on some plays? Does that have to do with his hip injury?

Yes. Maybe?

Tano

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I just watched this game on NFL Rewind and I think a lot of you are too hard on Courtland and Janoris and the defense overall.

I will admit that Courtland was terrible on the first drive but after that he tightened up quite a bit.

As for Janoris, he actually kept Jones limited when he actually was within 5 yards at the line of scrimmage. Every time Jones got a big play was when Janoris was 10 yards off the line of scrimmage and he often got blocked out of the play on short pass plays that allowed Jones to gain over 15 yards on a few plays. The only play that I was upset with Janoris was the 81 yard td and one of two things happened on that play.

One - he bit on a fake and let Jones by him or
Two - he felt that the safety was backing him up and he became over aggressive covering Jones and the safety decided to cover another guy.

I swear it was the second scenario from looking at it but it could easily have been the first one.

As for the overall defense - they played really well except for the first drive, the last TD drive and the prevent a win defense at the end of the first half. And the other TD they gave up was on the above 81 yard TD that I mentioned above.

And for the very last drive - the Rams had them third and 1 and got completely fooled by Ryan on a screen to the fullback. Oh well - it happens. After that the Rams were trying to steal the football away since Atlanta could just run out the clock. I am surprised Atlanta just didn't kneel.

Anyway that was my take on the defense on a game the Rams really could have won.

I would also like to know who moved his leg on the drive that the Rams took a field goal on. If not for that movement, the Rams would have had first and goal at the 5 yard line.

I also was extremely disappointed in their punt returns since two rookies (Bailey and Ray Ray) committed really dumb penalties.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tano wrote:
And for the very last drive - the Rams had them third and 1 and got completely fooled by Ryan on a screen to the fullback. Oh well - it happens. After that the Rams were trying to steal the football away since Atlanta could just run out the clock. I am surprised Atlanta just didn't kneel.

Not so much fooled as Laurinaitis made a dumb error.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: