Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Falcons
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Week 1 Player of the Week?
Jared Cook (7 rec. 141 yards, 2 TDs)
61%
 61%  [ 19 ]
Sam Bradford (27/38 299 yards, 2 TDs 1 INT)
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Greg Zuerlein (4/4 48 long)
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Robert Quinn (NFC DPOW)
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 31

Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Week 2 Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Falcons Reply with quote

Rams (1-0)

VS

Falcons (0-1)

First off, props to Falcons mod Jgoldiscool for entering his first season as Falcons forum moderator. Just like me, he spearheaded the GDT's and ascended to mod status. Welcome to the GDT club!

Last week, at Ramsfan28's computer

RF28: Hmmm...do I start Kyle Rudolph, or Jared Cook? I really should rep my team, Cook it is.

The Day After

RF28: YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! WHO SAID RAMS DON'T HAVE FANTASY VALUE?! YOU THINK WE IS DA JAGS OR SUMTIN?

Gameday Meal

Braised Collard Greens

Ingredients:

1 Bunch Collard Greens

2 Onions, sliced into thin strips
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4lb Bacon, cut into planks
4C chicken stock
1C Apple Cider Vinegar
1/8C Franks Red Hot

1. Usually your collards will already be washed, but give them another rinse just in case. They wilt down a lot, but sometimes I rip them in half just to avoid getting gigantic pieces. Also, it helps them fit into a pot easier.

2. Add the bacon to a pot with very little oil (just enough to prevent it from sticking to the pot). Render out the fat on high heat, cook them til golden brown. Once cooked, take the pot off the heat. Remove the bacon, while leaving the fat in the pot. Let it cool down for a couple of minutes.

3. Add in the onions. Cook until brown and tender. Once cooked, add in garlic, cook for 1 minute.

4. Once your pot is nice and aromatic, add in the greens. Let them wilt down. What you're doing here is layering the greens in your bacon fat, which is now infused with garlic and onion flavor. The greens are going to release a lot of water. Stir them constantly, as this will spread out the flavor while preventing the bottom of your pot from burning.

5. Once the water starts evaporating, add in the vinegar. Deglaze the pan, stir the greens.

6. Add in the chicken stock and the Franks. Reduce heat to a simmer, cook for 30 minutes. Taste the greens, make sure they are soft and tender. Low and slow is the key here. Too much heat and they'll begin to steam, not enough heat and obviously they won't cook.

And now the story of two Missouri teams that are 1-0

The story takes place in a coffee shop

]

....absolutely not!

The story takes place in a Golden Corral

Reid: Much better!

Fisher: So, Andy, why did you call this meeting?

Reid: Well, I figured it's really cool how we were formerly coaches of franchises where we wore out our welcome, and now we've moved on and for the first time in ages this state has two teams that won on the opening weekend!

Fisher: Yeah, we're doing big things here Andy.

Reid: Speaking of big...I'm getting some more fried chicken!

Fisher: So what did you have in mind with this meeting?

Reid: Well, we both play against the Franchises that turned us away this coming season. After I get done bashing in the Cowboys, I face my old Eagles. And you...you have to face off against your beloved Titans franchise.

Fisher: Why, yes...yes we do.

Reid: Time for vengeance!

Fisher: Vengeance? For what? Sometimes you gotta move on, ya know?

Reid: Yes, and so did we. That being said, we must hit em' where it hurts!

Fisher: On the field?

Reid: NO! We must pull off the coolest pranks of all time! I've hired a professional.

Fisher: Who might that be?

Ochocinco: OCHOOOOO CCCCIIIIINNNNNCCCCOOOOOOO!!!!!

Fisher: Argh...this guy has been out of the league all this time, and now you're bringing him back in as a prankster?

Reid: You watched Hard Knocks, right? Guy is a genius!

Fisher: No...he's an attention whore.

Ochocinco: Yo, where the cameras at?

Meanwhile, in New England

Ahhh....ahh......hhhhhAAAACCCCCHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Amendola: OW! My leg!!!

Back in Philadelphia

Ocho: Okay, so here's how this is going to work. Coach Shamu of the Eagles REALLY likes Twinkies. He's going to walk out that office, and when he does he's going to see Twinkies...not realizing they're in a bear trap!

Reid: ....Chad...I'm right here. And I'm no longer the coach of the Eagles.

Fisher: Yes, moron, Chip Kelly is their new coach. Please don't tell me that was your plan!

Ocho: Oh....wait! I got a backup!

10 minutes later

Kid: Hi! I'm a good football prospect! I run a 4-4 forty! I was thinking about going to USC, but if ONLY there were some other incentives to convince me....say...maybe a little cash?

Fisher: ....this isn't going to work either. Chip can now PAY his guys and get away with it. Good lord, this guy is worth-

BEAR TRAPPPEDDDDD

OOOOOWWWW!!!!

Fisher: Urban Meyer, is that you?

Meyer: Don't go to USC! You'll regret it!!!!

Now, in Tennessee

Fisher: ...and....now what are we doing?

Ocho: So, check it out...I painted endzones EVERYWHERE around where Jake Locker is standing, so now he can't vacate where he's at!

Locker: HELP!!!

Ocho: And on top of that, the only way he can get out is by tossing the football at a target 10 feet in front of him!

Locker: The ball keeps going over its' head! Why don't you jump up and grab it you stupid target!

Ocho: Hey, Jeff, didn't you draft him?

Fisher: ....yes....yes I did. Anyway we can record this? I want to watch it after I get done looking over the game film.

Game Prediction

Rams: 17
Falcons: 24

I think the Falcons come out with heat after their loss to the Saints last week. Very tough game against a very tough team. Not sure why, but it seems like the Rams always struggle with the Falcons in a close game. Defense will play tough as always, and the offense will keep it exciting. I feel the only thing keeping them from beating teams like Atlanta is fixing the dumb mistakes. Perhaps that will change down the road, but I don't think we're going to see a complete overhaul in the matter of a week.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...

Last edited by Ramsfan28 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo ramsfan28..

I think it'll be a good game. I see Steven Jackson having a good day Sunday. I feel like every time a player faces his old team, they seem to play much much better.

I do think we can win this.. However I don't see it happening. I see the score being something like 31-27. Something a bit high scoring but close.

Chris long is questionable and if he's out it could really hurt us I think.

If they find a way to bottle up cook, I hope that just means others will step up and have great games. I can definitly see that happening.

I'm mostly nervous about Julio Jones.. And Steven. And Ryan. And Tony..... And roddy lol

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roddy is going to play, but he's banged up. He probably won't be fully healthy for another month or so. I wouldn't expect to see him on the field for more than 15-30 snaps.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Roddy is going to play, but he's banged up. He probably won't be fully healthy for another month or so. I wouldn't expect to see him on the field for more than 15-30 snaps.

Yeah Julio and Tony G are the 2 that scare me the most. We struggled with Fitz last week, whom an elite receiver, however he has no where near the athleticism Julio has, and that scares me. Tony G along wth pretty much all the elite TEs have been a problem for us in coverage over the last few years. IE Gronk merkin us in London last year.

PROPS TO DEADPULSE ON THE SIG!
Adopt-A-Ram '13:
Jake Long: 1 GS/0 Sacks Allowed
Kendall Langford: 2tackles, 1 for loss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DistantRam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great read, as always, RF28.

I hope that we let Janoris Jenkins just play man on Julio Jones and drop our soft coverage scheme. Our JJ had their JJ's number at Florida: in his last two games against Alabama, Jenkins limited Jones to four receptions for nineteen yards and two receptions for twenty-eight yards. If Jenkins can keep Jones quiet, and with Roddy White far from fully fit, we can stifle their offence.

If we can continue improving our offensive play, I see no reason why we can't win this game. Our defensive line should keep Matty Ryan scrambling and Brockers and Ogletree can keep SJax quiet.
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause great read, I am rapidly becoming a fan of these GDT write ups might have to stop by more often.

Love the collards recipe too, I've been meaning to make my own for a while might just have to make em on sunday.

I am, as I tend to be against any formidable opponent, anxious about this game. Especially considering the excellent pass-rush y'all have been developing. If you haven't noticed, our O-line is our achilles tendon. You can have a great QB, and all the brilliant offensive weapons in the world, but if they don't have time to make plays their impact is null.

On the defense, you also seem to have our biggest problem, which is a smart dominating TE. Last week we had one of our best games ever against Jimmy Graham, and he still got about 50 yards and a TD. Its essential for us to shut down Cook for our defense to be able to stop Bradford. Our rookie corners actually played quite well in their first pro game against Brees all things considered, so I think they can keep up with Bradford and your talented WRs.

I'm expecting a big performance on sunday from Weatherspoon, Decoud, or Moore. The three of them are probably our biggest playmakers on defense and they all had fairly quiet games last week.

Much respect for the Rams fans/organization, lets hope for an injury free game and a well fought game that doesn't come down to some questionable call/lack thereof Laughing

I'm predicting 24-22 Falcons

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn man, nice GDT. This thread made me realize how much worse Andy Reid's life might be if Hostess actually went out of business like they almost did.

Love the shoutout to the big homie Jgold too.

Rams fan base>any I've ever seen on FF

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a brother who is a big Falcons fan. Can't wait for the game.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also predicting a loss in this one, RF28. Got the Falcons winning 31-24.

Great GDT...had me rolling when we got to Jake Locker. Laughing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
D9-EM

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying like hell not to drink the cool aid but... Screw it. If we can keep the penalties down, the Rams can play with these guys. Roddy and JJ are banged up but I'm not putting too much into that. (Mostly smoke imo)Our pass rush should match-up well against ATLs pas pro. SJ39 will want to have a monster game against us. If we can slow him down and have a decent running game ourselves... I think the Rams squeak this one out. 30-27
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:

High ankle sprains suck, Brockers was hampered with one most of last season. Seems like they take forever to heal completely.

As far as predictions go, I don't know. Falcons should have the advantage at home. Also the Falcons don't give up many games after suffering a loss the previous week. Hopefully the Rams can keep the game close and have a shot at the end to try and win.
BamaRam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause

I'll actually get to see this game on TV! None of them sketchy European streaming sites for me this week!

I've got Atlanta by 7 after a 4th quarter comeback from Matty Ice.

The good:
Austin gets his first TD
Rams bottle up S-jax
Pead doesn't fumble
Ogletree gets a pick covering Tony G

The bad:
D-Rich continues to average under 4.0 ypc
Cook is a non-factor
0 sacks for Quinn/Long
Another personal foul for Finnegan, replaced for the 2nd half
xKURTWARNERx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be the first Ram's game that I have ever attended. Maybe there is some way that we can pull the win out here.

Also, to all the people that think that Jack will have a great game (because he is facing us), why? I mean, shouldn't we know him better than anyone? Also, our run defense is actually gotten pretty good. I think that the player that we should be worried about is Cortland Finnegan*.

Yeah, I said it. Why don't we move him inside like we did last year and put Truuu on the outside recievers. He has height and athleticism to compete with the likes of Julio Jones. And after last week's showing, he has about the same cover skills as Cortland.

Anyway, here's to a Ram's Victory!

Quote:

Ram's Front Office:
"Tye Hill haunts my dreams.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Steven is going to have a GREAT game, but I do think like Laurinaitis said, that "he's going to be trying to truck stick a lot of guys"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: