Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which week will Weeden become the backup QB?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What week does Weeden become the backup QB?
Week 3
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Between weeks 4-7
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Between weeks 8-12
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
Between weeks 13-17
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Never Weeden is awesome
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 21

Entropy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:

So basically he was asking you, was Weeden better as a rookie than:
Joey Harrington (yes)
Andy Dalton (no)
Ryan Tannehill (no)
Colt McCoy (maybe)
Sam Bradford (not really)
Leinart (maybe)

Long story short, the point that you were asked to prove really isn't a point at all. None of the even points at the fact that Weeden was about 6-8 years older than every other QB that we have to compare him against in this outrageously bad comparison. Where's that tom brady comparison again...

There is no real difference between Weeden and ANY of those QBs.

And the point is that ALL of them struggled.Because the WCO is hard for even veteran QBs to learn

And what does his age have to do with how good he is? I mean besides nothing.

Last edited by Entropy on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Entropy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Isn't this the same person who started the stupid "Should we bench Weeden for Campbell" thread and then never posted in it again?

Weeden is the starter, no reason to not be.

OMG is it?

Is this an alt of that dude's? I haven't been around here as long as most of you so I don't know that stuff.

Sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have actually been a few good football posts in this thread. But there have also been way too many junk posts that are just personal insults.

Talk about the football end of it, or don't post. Simple.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Jimmytruckstop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God willing, tomorrow
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmytruckstop wrote:
God willing, tomorrow

Are Jason Campbell or Brian hoyer winnin us a Super Bowl ....if your answer is no then you stay with Weeden good or bad, if you decide Weeden is not the guy and you replace him with Campbell and we win more games all that does is take is our of position to get a franchise type QB, cause Campbell and hoyer sure as [inappropriate/removed] aren't the answer
Jimmytruckstop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Jimmytruckstop wrote:
God willing, tomorrow

Are Jason Campbell or Brian hoyer winnin us a Super Bowl ....if your answer is no then you stay with Weeden good or bad, if you decide Weeden is not the guy and you replace him with Campbell and we win more games all that does is take is our of position to get a franchise type QB, cause Campbell and hoyer sure as [inappropriate/removed] aren't the answer

No qb on the roster is the answer, I just can't stand watching weeden. And it's not like he's 23 where sticking w him makes sense. The guy makes me sad.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmytruckstop wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Jimmytruckstop wrote:
God willing, tomorrow

No qb on the roster is the answer, I just can't stand watching weeden. And it's not like he's 23 where sticking w him makes sense. The guy makes me sad.

Ok but why take him out for Someone known for sure not to be significantly enough of an upgrade to make is a winner but prolly an upgrade enough to take us out of position for a possible franchise QB like a teddy bridgewater? I mean sure Campbell may I emphasize may win us a few more games, but like I said he isn't going to make us a winner any more than Weeden is, you stay with Weeden and see how he responds if he sucks and they decide to move on from him atleast now we have a high pick to pick a high quality prospect
Entropy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmytruckstop wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Jimmytruckstop wrote:
God willing, tomorrow

Wait, so if he was 23, then it would make sense? Why?

I think it's because you know that it takes time to learn things. How long do you think it would take the 23 year old? 2-3 years? So then he's 26.

Weeden will be 30-31 after that same time. I know some people exaggerate (which is usually the sign of a weak point) and say 6-8 years older--but the reality is that he's 4-5 years older.

So the conclusion is, no matter how old a QB is--it is foolish to stick with him if he stinks after 2-3 years. SO what does his age matter to being good or not?

We can all complain about his age IF HE TURNS OUT TO BE A STAR--and then plays 4-5 years less than he could have had he been 23 when he was drafted.

Until then--age is about meaningless.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 90% confident that was the last home opener Brandon Weeden will ever start.

As for when or if he gets benched. I am unsure. I think it hes not starting early season its because he gets injured, possibly from holding the ball too long, which he has a very very very bad habit of, dating back to college, when he had a great o-line. I think theres a decent chance he gets benched late season if he continues to fail.

If he does REALLY bad. Like 2 or 3 more games like that opener in a row, where if we had mediocrity at QB we might be winning, then I could see him getting benched by the quarterway point.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
I am 90% confident that was the last home opener Brandon Weeden will ever start.

As for when or if he gets benched. I am unsure. I think it hes not starting early season its because he gets injured, possibly from holding the ball too long, which he has a very very very bad habit of, dating back to college, when he had a great o-line. I think theres a decent chance he gets benched late season if he continues to fail.

If he does REALLY bad. Like 2 or 3 more games like that opener in a row, where if we had mediocrity at QB we might be winning, then I could see him getting benched by the quarterway point.

The bolded isn't true. And 'very, very, very' is an obvious exaggeration anyway.

There is a consequence to holding on to the ball too long in a spread offense (no TEs). It is called a sack. He was not sacked very much in college. Also, 'great' college linemen tend to be drafted--which of his were (and where in the draft)?

But the rest of your post seems pretty reasonable to me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Jimmytruckstop wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Jimmytruckstop wrote:
God willing, tomorrow

Ok but why take him out for Someone known for sure not to be significantly enough of an upgrade to make is a winner but prolly an upgrade enough to take us out of position for a possible franchise QB like a teddy bridgewater? I mean sure Campbell may I emphasize may win us a few more games, but like I said he isn't going to make us a winner any more than Weeden is, you stay with Weeden and see how he responds if he sucks and they decide to move on from him atleast now we have a high pick to pick a high quality prospect

If we played this season three times with each QB getting a chance to start every game I think Weeden's season has more wins than the other two combined. Just my guess.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Jimmytruckstop wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Jimmytruckstop wrote:
God willing, tomorrow

If we played this season three times with each QB getting a chance to start every game I think Weeden's season has more wins than the other two combined. Just my guess.

I don't disagree with you, I was stating that mainly to the point of pulling Weeden if he plays so bad in hopes of one if the others giving us more wins
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Jimmytruckstop wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Jimmytruckstop wrote:
God willing, tomorrow

I don't disagree with you, I was stating that mainly to the point of pulling Weeden if he plays so bad in hopes of one if the others giving us more wins

I didn't think you did, I just like quoting you Laughing
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't. Campbell is a backup at best and Hoyer is a developmental QB that really isn't that good.

The only reason a majority of the fans hate Weeden is because of his age. He has the ability to be a decent QB however most fans think they know more about football than they do.

If Weeden is replaced it isn't until the bye week at the earliest. Those who think otherwise are not Browns fans and just want to be proven right that they would rather lose and have Weeden look "bad" than be true Browns fans and support the team.
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 10 Receptions, 144 Yards (14.4 ypc), 1 TD, 8 FD
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
You don't. Campbell is a backup at best and Hoyer is a developmental QB that really isn't that good.

The only reason a majority of the fans hate Weeden is because of his age. He has the ability to be a decent QB however most fans think they know more about football than they do.

If Weeden is replaced it isn't until the bye week at the earliest. Those who think otherwise are not Browns fans and just want to be proven right that they would rather lose and have Weeden look "bad" than be true Browns fans and support the team.

QFMFT

Some of the arrogance shown in terms of people "thinking" this and that about certain players is really depressing. I don't care who our guys are. I just want a win on Sunday. I don't expect to win every game, but I know that we CAN, if we operate/execute properly.

The Browns are a professional franchise. They have a chance every time they touch the field. I'll hold to that, and I will root for the team to win. I will not set my expectations of them to fail. I've seen the current players do some really awesome things, and I hope to see them be able to that consistently. I don't want a new QB. I appreciate Weeden and I know he wants to keep his job. Only time will tell if he does or does not.

Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: