Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ron Jaworski: Chip Kellyís Oregon offense WILL work
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19136
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Ron Jaworski: Chip Kellyís Oregon offense WILL work Reply with quote

We heard in may Ronnie J, former Eagles QB, say Chip's Oregon Offense won;t work in the NFL. We have a thread on it in the NFL Gen Forum. We had people say that anyone that thinks that Chip runs it is a moron because he won't.

Well after one game of Oregon playbook offense (said by his former players and coaches Kenyon Barner and now Oregon OC Scott Frost), Ron has changed his mind.

Quote:
Whether the Eagles can succeed offensively over the course of the season will depend on health and Vick's ability to make the correct decision with the football. But the principles in this offense have me convinced that the scheme itself can absolutely succeed in the NFL. This, quite simply, is a game-changer.


Can't give you too much as it is insider info but... As we Chip and Oregon fans said:


_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting how he's changed his tune after 1 game. I think we need to see a season or two worth of this offense to get a clear picture of it's success rate.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nlesthought


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 8411
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The concepts can work, will it work with our personnel for 16+ that's TBD. After 1 game its hard to say how teams will try to defend it and what adjustments or ways Chip will adapt.
_________________


psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48374
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll work if we look like the first half offense.
If we look like the second half offense, no, it won't work.

Obviously saying "will work" or "won't work" is pretty ambiguous to begin with, if you give the ball to Lesean McCoy he'll make plays in any system. Desean Jackson is a threat over top in any system.

Nobody should be changing tunes, eating crow, or whatever other way to express what happened after ONE FOOTBALL GAME.

I've been pro-Chip since before he was hired, so I'm not trying to be a downer. People tend to overreact in sports for whatever reason, you can't project trajectory in sports over extremely limited sample size.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48374
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But with that being said, and as I said in another thread, the media's JOB is to overreact, and that's probably why a lot of fans, in effect, overreact as well.

Jaworski is a media person, he's just doing his job. He made headlines when he bashed it, now he's got himself his own thread for overreacting and praising it.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we are having success with RBs, plays like this will continue to be successful:


_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 42933
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too small of a sample size, I'll wait until after the season to see.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21160
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Too small of a sample size, I'll wait until after the season to see.


I agree.

It worked against a seemingly unprepared Redskins defense. Lets at least wait till midseason before we anoint them the greatest offense ever.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48374
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked against a Redskins team whose quarterback couldn't step into any throw in the first half.

And that's important for our offense because it kept the TOP lopsided, and we were constantly in great field position. Oh, and the defense was dogging.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19136
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
Too small of a sample size, I'll wait until after the season to see.
I agree.

It worked against a seemingly unprepared Redskins defense. Lets at least wait till midseason before we anoint them the greatest offense ever.
Say an offense will work=/= greatest of all time.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 34339
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that's bugged me the most from week one was our defense allowing everything to be caught way underneath them and get YAC on every play, giving them first down after first down. Move the mid zone coverage up some. PLEASE.
_________________
"Break the rules, but first break the rulers."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21160
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
Too small of a sample size, I'll wait until after the season to see.
I agree.

It worked against a seemingly unprepared Redskins defense. Lets at least wait till midseason before we anoint them the greatest offense ever.
Say an offense will work=/= greatest of all time.


Don't be surprised the media will utter those words come the Denver game

Laughing
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
The thing that's bugged me the most from week one was our defense allowing everything to be caught way underneath them and get YAC on every play, giving them first down after first down. Move the mid zone coverage up some. PLEASE.
I agree, but this little nugget of info has to be something the D can build on:

http://www.igglesblitz.com/2013/09/chip-the-big-picture/
Quote:
After 32 missed tackles in four preseason games, the Eagles had only three against the Redskins. They didnít have a game with less than four last season.

_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 34339
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
The thing that's bugged me the most from week one was our defense allowing everything to be caught way underneath them and get YAC on every play, giving them first down after first down. Move the mid zone coverage up some. PLEASE.
I agree, but this little nugget of info has to be something the D can build on:

http://www.igglesblitz.com/2013/09/chip-the-big-picture/
Quote:
After 32 missed tackles in four preseason games, the Eagles had only three against the Redskins. They didnít have a game with less than four last season.


Well a lack of Coleman and limiting of Allen must have helped that.
_________________
"Break the rules, but first break the rulers."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48374
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
The thing that's bugged me the most from week one was our defense allowing everything to be caught way underneath them and get YAC on every play, giving them first down after first down. Move the mid zone coverage up some. PLEASE.

Davis started playing "not to lose" defense instead of "let's win" defense. If he wants to remain a coordinator in this league he needs to cut that kind of crap.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group