Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy Dalton Stat Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3336
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seemingly lost in all the hoopla following the Browns game Sunday, Dalton passed 10,000 yards passing in his 43rd start.

Just reporting the facts folks.......
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carson4MVP


Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 1688
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other Andy Dalton stats or facts as you put them:

He throws pick 6's at an alarming rate. How alarming? 15th worst since 1940 when they started keeping track of this stat. (http://www.footballperspective.com/most-pick-sixes-thrown-in-nfl-history/)

15% of his interceptions are returned for touchdowns, Again 15th worst in NFL since 1940

9 pick sixes in 43 career games, if he keeps this pace up, he will break Brett Favre's NFL record for pick sixes(35) somewhere around his 10th season. Brett Favre was a QB in the NFL for 20 years.

He has completed fewer than 50% of his passes the last 2 games

Andy Dalton's QBR in the last game was 3. Not 30, 3. A single digit QBR. As a matter of fact, if you add up his last 3 QBR's you get a total of 35. That is not an average, that is a total over 3 games. Only these QB's had a lower QBR last week than Dalton had in 3 games combined: Tolzien, Alex Smith, Henne, Ryan, Keenum, Campbell and Geno Smith.

Just reporting the facts...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hokie


Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 732
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton is tied for 3rd in the NFL in INTs, and only two off the lead.

Dalton is currently 6th in the NFL in INT% among QBs with at least 200 pass attempts. He's 4th if you narrow the threshold to 250 pass attempts (removes Terrell Pryor and Christian Ponder).

Dalton's INT% has increased every season since he was drafted.

Facts are only fun to report when they support your argument...

And FYI, I sincerely hope he improves on these numbers over the last fives games. I want to see him do well. When Dalton plays well, the team plays well...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18859
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to wait until after week 12 to update this. But since it got brought back up, here are the new pace stats for week 11.

Week 11:
Comp: 252 (366)
Att: 410 (596)
Pct: 61.5%
Yds: 2954 (4297)
Y/A: 7.2
TD: 21 (31)
INT: 15 (22)

Still on pace to set new career highs in Completions, Attempts, Yards, YPA and TD's. On pace to set a career worst in INT's (16), which is surely to be broken at this point.

For the remainder of the season, i'd like to see him bring his completion % back up to 64%ish, and increase the YPA.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3336
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
Facts are only fun to report when they support your argument....

I wasn't making an argument, I was just reporting the facts......
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3336
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
I was going to wait until after week 12 to update this. But since it got brought back up, here are the new pace stats for week 11.

Week 11:
Comp: 252 (366)
Att: 410 (596)
Pct: 61.5%
Yds: 2954 (4297)
Y/A: 7.2
TD: 21 (31)
INT: 15 (22)

Still on pace to set new career highs in Completions, Attempts, Yards, YPA and TD's. On pace to set a career worst in INT's (16), which is surely to be broken at this point.

For the remainder of the season, i'd like to see him bring his completion % back up to 64%ish, and increase the YPA.


You better add pick-6's to that list 'J', I didn't realise he was up there with Palmer.........
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18859
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
I was going to wait until after week 12 to update this. But since it got brought back up, here are the new pace stats for week 11.

Week 11:
Comp: 252 (366)
Att: 410 (596)
Pct: 61.5%
Yds: 2954 (4297)
Y/A: 7.2
TD: 21 (31)
INT: 15 (22)

Still on pace to set new career highs in Completions, Attempts, Yards, YPA and TD's. On pace to set a career worst in INT's (16), which is surely to be broken at this point.

For the remainder of the season, i'd like to see him bring his completion % back up to 64%ish, and increase the YPA.


You better add pick-6's to that list 'J', I didn't realise he was up there with Palmer.........

I would, but that stat is harder to dredge up. Plus it's harder to put a pace to it. Basically i just pull the readily available main statistics from NFL.com.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5611
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Still on pace to set new career highs in Completions, Attempts, Yards, YPA and TD's. On pace to set a career worst in INT's (16), which is surely to be broken at this point.


All of them correlate back to one of theose you mentioned: Attempts. Everything else SHOULD go up if you throw it more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18859
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
theJ wrote:
Still on pace to set new career highs in Completions, Attempts, Yards, YPA and TD's. On pace to set a career worst in INT's (16), which is surely to be broken at this point.


All of them correlate back to one of theose you mentioned: Attempts. Everything else SHOULD go up if you throw it more.

Except for YPA. That's independent of attempts. Otherwise, yes, i agree.

And i've said it before: YPA is my favorite QB stat. It doesn't tell the whole story, but it's a very good efficiency measurement for QB's. A QB could complete 80% of his passes, but if they're all dink and dunks and his YPA is 5.5, he's doing much worse than the guy that's going for 60% and 8.0.

What's interesting is that Andy's YPA is up while his comp% is down (slightly). Predictably, those usually have a strong correlation. What this means is that either A) he's throwing more intermediate/long passes or B) the receivers are doing a better job with YAC. Without looking at the numbers (which are available if you dig), i'd lean toward B. But again, i'd have to look up the stats.

Oddly enough, i'm actually ok with a slight rise in INT% if that means he's pushing the ball downfield further. I'm just not sure that's the case, and at this point i don't think his rise in YPA is good enough to offset the increase in INT's.

One last thing: Bulk stats can be misleading. While his INT's are way up, he's thrown the majority of them in the 4 losses. In the 4 losses, 9 INT's for an INT rate of 5%. In the 7 wins, 6 INT's for a INT rate of 2.5%. He's definitely a streaky player. That can be good or bad, depending on the situation. Obviously everyone would love to have a QB that never had a bad game, but those guys are rare. But a streaky player can sometimes put together a 3-4 game stretch at the right time and win the big game (see; Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, etc). Right now he's in the down stretch, so everyone is hopping off the bandwagon. I'm patiently waiting for the good stretch of games that make everyone try to jump back on. With 5 games left, maybe he'll have a good 3 game run, followed by 2 bad games, which could put him on track for a run in the playoffs. Who knows?
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anonymous3


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 1821
Location: IU
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we win the SB this year I'll say nothing negative about Dalton until his first throw in preseason next year. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carson4MVP


Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 1688
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
If we win the SB this year I'll say nothing negative about Dalton until his first throw in preseason next year. Laughing


I too will make this pledge...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3336
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Dalton passed 10,000 yards passing in his 43rd start..


One of only 7 QB's all-time to reach 10,000 yards this quickly.......
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22625
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is something positive:

His interception was HILARIOUS.
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6006
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Here is something positive:

His interception was HILARIOUS.

How did it feel when the Patriots lost to us?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anonymous3


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 1821
Location: IU
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Here is something positive:

His interception was HILARIOUS.

How did it feel when the Patriots lost to us?


I bet he kept waking up all night with hamstring cramps after that loss. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group