Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy Dalton Stat Tracker
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Andy Dalton Stat Tracker Reply with quote

Surprisingly, there was little talk in here about how sharp Andy Dalton looked on Sunday. That defense is pretty tough too. So i'm kind of curious as to what people think Andy's final stat line looks like.

His previous years numbers:

Comp: 300
Att: 516
Pct: 58.1
Yds: 3398
Y/A: 6.6
TD: 20
INT: 13

Comp: 329
Att: 528
Pct: 62.3
Yds: 3669
Y/A: 6.9
TD: 27
INT: 16

Comp:
Att:
Pct:
Yds:
Y/A:
TD:
INT:
[FILL IT IN!]

EDIT: his projection right now, for those who are curious:
Comp: 416
Att: 528
Pct: 78.8%
Yds: 4512
Y/A: 8.5
TD: 32
INT: 32

EDIT 2: Post week 7 stat line with projections in italics
Comp: 164 (375)
Att: 249 (569)
Pct: 65.9%
Yds: 1924 (4397)
Y/A: 7.7
TD: 11 (25)
INT: 6 (14)

Week 8:
Comp: 183 (366)
Att: 279 (558)
Pct: 65.6%
Yds: 2249 (4498)
Y/A: 8.1
TD: 16 (32)
INT: 7 (14)

Week 11:
Comp: 252 (366)
Att: 410 (596)
Pct: 61.5%
Yds: 2954 (4297)
Y/A: 7.2
TD: 21 (31)
INT: 15 (22)

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.

Last edited by theJ on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:17 am; edited 5 times in total
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Andy Dalton Stat Line Reply with quote

To spark the conversation, i'll add my prediction.
theJ wrote:
Comp: 352
Att: 550
Pct: 64%
Yds: 4125
Y/A: 7.5
TD: 28
INT: 16

After a good rookie year and some small incremental growth in year two, i think this is the year he takes a big step. Not the final step, but i think his numbers take a big leap forward.

The key number here is the yards per attempt. That number tells you if the QB is pushing the ball down the field and completing a good percentage of passes. The great ones crack 8.0. The very good ones are in the 7.0 range. The serviceable ones are in the 6.5-6.9 range. I'd like to see Dalton get to 7.5 at least, if not better.

An underrated factor in this is Jay Gruden. I think after a few years in the league he's learned some things too. Those things will help Dalton move forward.

RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the INT's coming down, maybe hovering around 10. Andy rarely throws bad INT's (like Cutlers last Sunday). More often than not miscommunication or a bad play on the ball leads to Andy's turnovers. His most underrated trait is how careful he is with the ball, but not in a bad way. He doesn't force things that aren't there.
wrminning

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care much about the Stats, I just wonder if Dalton has the take charge leadership ability to go deep in the playoff. To me that's a big question mark and from what I saw Sunday the book is still wide open!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say like:

65%
4000 Yards
7.0 YPA
30 TD's
15 INT's

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly dont think hes gonna hit 4000 yards. Ill say around 3700

His TD's will increase a little so ill say 28

But I don't think he can cut down on the INT's yet, so I think he will increase in that area with at least 17

Dalton is not a QB that this team should be forcing themselves to rely on all the time.

Jay Gruden needs to figure out how to run the ball, and figure it out quick
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Andy Dalton Stat Line Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Surprisingly, there was little talk in here about how sharp Andy Dalton looked on Sunday...........

Dalton did look sharp Sunday, I'd be happy if Andy's numbers were worse this year, but we made it deep into the playoffs, but I do think he'll continue to improve, with the better targets he now has.

I've always liked Dalton since I first saw him play @ TCU, and I think he's done a heck of a job all things considered. I've never cared much for stats, other than W's.
futbudds

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrminning wrote:
I don't care much about the Stats, I just wonder if Dalton has the take charge leadership ability to go deep in the playoff. To me that's a big question mark and from what I saw Sunday the book is still wide open!

I thought his leadership was his best quality at TCU but haven't seen it quite yet in stripes either. I had no complaints about his game against the bears except for staring down AJ on the first int but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3800 yards
61%
340 completions
31 TDs
13 INT
2 Fumbles
1 rush TD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post week 7 tracker - on pace for a few career highs after a few good weeks. Tough test coming up on the Jets. This game should really show us if these last few weeks were just one of Andy's normal 2-3 game runs, or if he's truly turning a corner.

Comp: 164 (375)
Att: 249 (569)
Pct: 65.9% (65.9%)
Yds: 1924 (4397)
Y/A: 7.7 (7.7)
TD: 11 (25)
INT: 6 (14)

projections in italics, career highs in bold

futbudds

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His trouble with the deep ball in Detroit had more to do with not stepping into the throws imo. Part of the blame goes to the offensive line but on the TD pass AJ had five yards on the guy and I almost overran it by the time AJ caught it. Stafford had enough deep misses to put it in perspective for me. I feel like we are spoiled by Carson's first three seasons and the beauties he would put up.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
His trouble with the deep ball in Detroit had more to do with not stepping into the throws imo. Part of the blame goes to the offensive line but on the TD pass AJ had five yards on the guy and I almost overran it by the time AJ caught it. Stafford had enough deep misses to put it in perspective for me. I feel like we are spoiled by Carson's first three seasons and the beauties he would put up.

It is all about perspective. The fact is that anything over 20 yards is hard to complete. I think the league average is around 35%. So the jump balls don't bother me as much as others because the receivers have a chance to catch all of those.

But, i didn't post this to bring that discussion over here. I just wanted to put Andy's performance this year into perspective with his first two years. I still think he's getting better. I see some really good things out of him sometimes, and while i see the limitations, i like the direction he's heading.

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
futbudds wrote:

It is all about perspective. The fact is that anything over 20 yards is hard to complete. I think the league average is around 35%. So the jump balls don't bother me as much as others because the receivers have a chance to catch all of those.

But, i didn't post this to bring that discussion over here. I just wanted to put Andy's performance this year into perspective with his first two years. I still think he's getting better. I see some really good things out of him sometimes, and while i see the limitations, i like the direction he's heading.

Dalton and Gruden looked like they hit rock bottom during the Browns game. Since they both have been fantastic. Looks like they are figuring out how to use all the weapons on offense now...
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
futbudds wrote:

Dalton and Gruden looked like they hit rock bottom during the Browns game. Since they both have been fantastic. Looks like they are figuring out how to use all the weapons on offense now...

Gruden called one hell of a game yesterday.
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winning the SB is possible with Dalton, yes, but it's not the most efficient route and that's my only problem with it. The only problem to consider replacing him is that there are very few veteran QBs on the market, and if you draft a new, younger QB who might take 3-4 years to develop we could wait ourselves out of our current SB window. This is the main reason I'm probably more in favor of keeping Dalton and working with what we have, though that opinion can easily change by the end of the season. I'm bipolar when it comes to Dalton.

I think Dalton is improving, we just need to figure out how to use him to the best of his abilities. Detroit was a solid start, but we still need to figure out how we can get Green vertical, but open quick enough that Dalton doesn't have to push his limits. We can't just let Green's abilities be restricted by Dalton's own restrictions.

Another way to help that is to improve our running game. Get Gio the damn ball and get him into space. Running him between the A gap every play is going to do nothing. Short passes (i.e. screens, quick flares) are an easy was to get Gio the ball and essentially act as running plays. This would help Dalton's confidence and expand the passing game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: