Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Right Tackle Situation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillParks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Right Tackle Situation Reply with quote

I have read that Jason Fox hasn't practiced this week after being injured in the first quarter of the first game of the year. Corey Hilliard was solid in relief but based on his track record he is a good back-up player not a long-term starting caliber RT.

The Lions were lucky enough to sign LaAdrian Waddle as an undrafted free agent. He started a lot of games at LT in college. He played both LT and RT during training camp and played well enough to get some consideration for the starting RT job. At 6'6", 321lbs and an arm length of 36 inches he is more physically talented than either Fox or Hilliard.

I know we have only played one game but should we consider trying him as a long-term RT? at the very least, I think the coaching staff should find a way to get him some snaps during he regular season. How does everyone else see it?
WillParks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a good game to get home some playing time would be week 4 against Chicago. I think their top two DEs are Corey Wooten and Shea Maclellin. Those guys don't scare anyone so it seems like a low-risk opportunity to get waddle some playing time.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends on the seriousness of Fox's injury. If he can play he should be back as the starter. I think our coaching staff will give Hilliard the nod if Fox can't make it, and then it's up to Hilliard whether we see Waddle or not.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillParks wrote:
I think a good game to get home some playing time would be week 4 against Chicago. I think their top two DEs are Corey Wooten and Shea Maclellin. Those guys don't scare anyone so it seems like a low-risk opportunity to get waddle some playing time.

Something happen to Peppers that I didn't hear about?

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give Waddle the go. but if did badput Hilliard in. Like Mathis and Slay
Rockcity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get rid of Fox already.
detroitroar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilliard was solid in run blocking, but did struggle in pass protection.

The Cardinals run a 3-4 and send their OLB's to pass rush constantly.

Could mean Hilliard will struggle even more.

Not sure Id want to start an undrafted F/A against that either though.

I just hope the run game keeps up and Linehan continues some good play calling.

WillParks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nnivolcm"][quote="WillParks"]I think a good game to get home some playing time would be week 4 against Chicago. I think their top two DEs are Corey Wooten and Shea Maclellin. Those guys don't scare anyone so it seems like a low-risk opportunity to get waddle some playing time.[/quote]

Something happen to Peppers that I didn't hear about?[/quote]

He should be matched up against our LT, Riley Reiff. They may decide to move him around though.
stafford=legend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
That's why I wouldn't mind seeing Waddle in the lineup for this game.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stafford=legend wrote:
detroitroar wrote:

Who do they have to rush? They don't have a clay Matthews, Jared Allen type rusher on that team
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detroitroar wrote:

Who do they have to rush? They don't have a clay Matthews, Jared Allen type rusher on that team

I wouldn't under estimate this teams pass rush. They do have Calais Campbell, Darnell Dockett, John Abraham, Sam Acho, Matt Shaughnessy, and drafted Alex Oakfor. With solid inside LB'ers with Brinkley, Washington, and Karlos Dansby.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detroitroar wrote:

I wouldn't under estimate this teams pass rush. They do have Calais Campbell, Darnell Dockett, John Abraham, Sam Acho, Matt Shaughnessy, and drafted Alex Oakfor. With solid inside LB'ers with Brinkley, Washington, and Karlos Dansby.

Abraham is 3rd on depth chart...the LB's looked aweful vs the Rams...I do like Okafor, but he is a rookie (Like Devin Taylor) I've heard Dockett has been really bad too. And nothing about Shaughnessy. So that leaves Acho, which is average. And then Campbell. Yes he is very good. Just double him then...
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detroitroar wrote:

Abraham is 3rd on depth chart...the LB's looked aweful vs the Rams...I do like Okafor, but he is a rookie (Like Devin Taylor) I've heard Dockett has been really bad too. And nothing about Shaughnessy. So that leaves Acho, which is average. And then Campbell. Yes he is very good. Just double him then...

Huh, We'll see I suppose. Sounds easy.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detroitroar wrote:

Fingers crossed it is lol...How nice would it be to just shut out a team? And keep Stafford up with no pressures or hits or anything like that. Like Madden on Rookie mode and you get aa bunch of everything. FF, Sacks, INT's, TD, Yards, etc etc lol. I just want a win though in reality
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
stafford=legend wrote:
detroitroar wrote:

Fingers crossed it is lol...How nice would it be to just shut out a team? And keep Stafford up with no pressures or hits or anything like that. Like Madden on Rookie mode and you get aa bunch of everything. FF, Sacks, INT's, TD, Yards, etc etc lol. I just want a win though in reality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: