Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden (using Brady's fail night as an example)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Entropy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
I think Brady has earned the right to have down games without anyone batting an eye. Weeden has never been better than a bottom 10 QB in the NFL. I don't see how anyone can be anything but negative when thinking about Weeden.

The point is he's being plagued by the same things that plagued Weeden. Even the great QB's look like non-starting options when their WR units aren't effective. You give Brady this receiving corps (dropping passes, running wrong routes - everything that has plagued Weeden) to start his career and who knows where he'd be

This isn't a Brady to Weeden comparison in terms of career anyways (I knew this type of comment was coming, haters gonna hate), we all know Brady is one of the best to ever do it. It's simply showing you that even the great QB's look bad when they have no one to throw to
none of that matters when the qb looks bad in a majority of the games he plays in.

Yes it does.

It helps to explain WHY he might have looked bad.

Tom Brady has looked bad in the majority of games he's played in with bad receivers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
none of that matters when the qb looks bad in a majority of the games he plays in.

Rookies are going to struggle, it just further amplifies when the receiving unit is young, inexperienced and undependable

Week 1 was a carry over from last year, no one was separating and when they did they deflected the pass into the defenders arms. All I'm saying is give the guy a break and a chance to prove me wrong. Week 1 hardly tells the story. For people to already be calling for his head, or already 100% convinced that he can't start for this team after Week 1 is foolish. Especially after watching a HOF QB look like trash because he was faced with the same problems

QB's are only as good as their supporting cast, just like WR's are only as good as their QB. Weeden definitely had bad moments, no doubt about it, but for those to be overshadowed by his receivers and OL letting him down time and time again and it's hard to convince me that he was the problem and not his supporting cast
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a win this week.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

Rookies are going to struggle, it just further amplifies when the receiving unit is young, inexperienced and undependable

Week 1 was a carry over from last year, no one was separating and when they did they deflected the pass into the defenders arms. All I'm saying is give the guy a break and a chance to prove me wrong. Week 1 hardly tells the story. For people to already be calling for his head, or already 100% convinced that he can't start for this team after Week 1 is foolish. Especially after watching a HOF QB look like trash because he was faced with the same problems

QB's are only as good as their supporting cast, just like WR's are only as good as their QB. Weeden definitely had bad moments, no doubt about it, but for those to be overshadowed by his receivers and OL letting him down time and time again and it's hard to convince me that he was the problem and not his supporting cast

I agree with this. And I would also like to say (not to Druid) that my issues with what I believe to be poor criticisms of Weeden should not be confused with anything other than believing some criticisms are poor.

I want the Browns to win, I don't care if I predicted the QB was a winner or a loser.

I have always asserted that the winning will come when the talent on the team improves and learns how to work together.

Some think this is impossible with Weeden--but it's simply a guess. There is no way to know what Weeden could do on a roster with a guy like Reggie Wayne on it until he actually HAS a guy like that to throw to.

I will root for Weeden to succeed until he is no longer on the team, because I have seen what he is capable of doing--which is making throws that few other QBs can make.

We all know that sometimes that isn't enough--but why root for the guy to fail?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
We need a win this week.

Same as every week Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with Weeden is that he looks exactly the same as he did in college

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
My problem with Weeden is that he looks exactly the same as he did in college

Don't hate him because he is aging gracefully.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Greg Little, but I feel like he needs to be a #3 WR. He's only consistent at being inconsistent. We NEED Josh Gordon badly.

Honestly I think O'Niel Cousins really just F's everything up. He's got a similar problem to what Pinkston had (still does) entering the league. He's out of position and outmatched. He's not used to playing guard so he doesn't know where to take proper steps, so that screws Mack and Schwartz. You need coherence in order to know who and when you block somebody and if you need to help your teammate. Cousins just doesn't know what he's doing and it's scary as hell that coaches and management think he'll be fine. He doesn't know what he's doing and it's going to stunt Schwartz growth.

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I like Greg Little, but I feel like he needs to be a #3 WR. He's only consistent at being inconsistent. We NEED Josh Gordon badly.

Honestly I think O'Niel Cousins really just F's everything up. He's got a similar problem to what Pinkston had (still does) entering the league. He's out of position and outmatched. He's not used to playing guard so he doesn't know where to take proper steps, so that screws Mack and Schwartz. You need coherence in order to know who and when you block somebody and if you need to help your teammate. Cousins just doesn't know what he's doing and it's scary as hell that coaches and management think he'll be fine. He doesn't know what he's doing and it's going to stunt Schwartz growth.

I agree about Little, even though he has put in a lot of time on his game it just isn't showing up on the field. I'm not sure what his role should be, just hard to place him anywhere and feel confident. That being said, I hope he proves me wrong and lights it up this week.

I don't think they think Cousin's will be fine, they just think he is the best option. They saw what we saw, dumpster fire. It just so happened that that dumpster fire was so bad it started dumpster fires along side it. I think they expect Lauvao back next week and that is why they didn't make a roster move (too soon to plug in a free agent) or start Gilkey (still learning the position also). I'm not saying I think they are making the right move, but that may be their thought process.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Weeden (using Brady's fail night as an example) Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
Alright, so after watching this Patriots vs Jets game, it has become very clear to me that a lot of you are way too down on Weeden

Tom Brady gets the benefit of the doubt because he put up solid numbers with bad receivers (2003, 2002 especially).
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

I dont think Little has to be a #3 but he is a #2 WR. I think he fits perfect going against #2 DBs instead of #1s. Its like with Hartline. Hartline would be an awful #1 WR because a DB like Joe Haden will shut him down but as a #2 WR he can eat up #2 DBs because they are not as talent as a teams #1. I could see Little having a lot of success being a fulltime #2 WR.

I get some of the stuff you are saying about Cousins but the Browns dont have a lot of options at guards expect to hope he learns from the first game and pink and lauvo heal up. You sign a guard and he wont know the offense, Its a non win win situation for everyone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Brady put up big points last week when he wasn't playing in a storm. Comparing Brady to Weeden is pathetic. Brady can have the occasional bad game because everyone knows he is amazing. If Brady always played like crap the way Weeden does, people wouldn'tthink hhe's an all time great.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This place has gone to , bottom line. Peace, I won't miss ya
NickZambo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pscottdai wrote:
Apparently you are unaware of the unofficial Browns forum rule which states, "Logic is not allowed, only blind hatred and passion". In the future please refrain from making sense.

Thank you.

Dialed in from Japan. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice brother

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
bigdogsandiego

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duly noted the WR group was weak and made everybody look bad. O line certainly did not give Weeden the time or protection needed. Coach Turner and Chad did not adjust or implement chip blocks or help for O line. RB and TE did not block effectively. Coach T called 13 out of 70 running plays with no draws, effective screens, or any RB production. Weeden or Brady did not have a chance to succeed.

Weeden has the arm and the fortitude to take a hit. The problem I see is he pats the ball, shows where he is throwing, slow release, and has lead shoes with no ability to find or move the pocket. If we are going with the traditional drop back QB, he better be accurate on short passes and better be able to move in the pocket. Lastly, I do not think Weeden has the ability to change or lacks the mobility in the pocket to be a NFL QB. He has poor to average release and takes too long to read the D. The fact remains he has had 2 years to learn his NFL craft and make the adjustments yet we see very little improvement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: