Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden (using Brady's fail night as an example)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Weeden (using Brady's fail night as an example) Reply with quote

Alright, so after watching this Patriots vs Jets game, it has become very clear to me that a lot of you are way too down on Weeden

The great Tom Brady looks horrible tonight due to dropped passes, receivers running wrong routes/not seeing what he's seeing/not getting separation. You know, the same things that plagued Weeden in Week 1

When your receiving unit is depleted and you're working with inexperience at the WR unit due to both age and lack of time in the system, you see the QB suffers tremendously

That's not to say that Weeden didn't have his faults in Week 1, but we're seeing tonight that even the best QB's suffer significantly when the receivers can't do their job

I think as this season progresses, we get Gordon back, we get Lauvao/Pinkston back and these receivers continue to learn and grow into this system, we're going to see that Weeden actually isn't that bad of a QB and is capable of winning us games with his arm. He catches all of the flak, but his receivers really let him down in Week 1

Brady as of right now (start of 4th quarter)

13/30 - 150 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT

Luckily for the Patriots they're facing an even more inept offense so they're still winning by 3

@ESPN_Numbers: The Patriots just punted for the 10th time in this game. The most in one game for New England since 2003!

Last edited by TeHDruiD on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Entropy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Weeden (using Brady's fail night as an example) Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
Alright, so after watching this Patriots vs Jets game, it has become very clear to me that a lot of you are way too down on Weeden

The great Tom Brady looks horrible tonight due to dropped passes, receivers running wrong routes/not seeing what he's seeing/not getting separation. You know, the same things that plagued Weeden in Week 1

When your receiving unit is depleted and you're working with inexperience at the WR unit due to both age and lack of time in the system, you see the QB suffers tremendously

That's not to say that Weeden didn't have his faults in Week 1, but we're seeing tonight that even the best QB's suffer significantly when the receivers can't do their job

I think as this season progresses, we get Gordon back, we get Lauvao/Pinkston back and these receivers continue to learn and grow into this system, we're going to see that Weeden actually isn't that bad of a QB and is capable of winning us games with his arm. He catches all of the flak, but his receivers really let him down in Week 1

Brady as of right now (start of 4th quarter)

13/30 - 150 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT

But but but...the WR couldn't catch the pass that was way way outside...

way way...

And we all know that elite QBs make all the receivers around them better...so I wonder why the Pats even had these guys on the roster...the FO fails?

They should have signed better receiver options in FA. FAIL FAIL

(mostly kidding)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya, and that's why I wanted to start this post. I want the group that you're ribbing to understand that it's not all Weeden's fault, he put his receivers in a position to succeed and they continuously let him down. He had his mistakes, but the offensive struggle wasn't all on him, not even close
Entropy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
I hear ya, and that's why I wanted to start this post. I want the group that you're ribbing to understand that it's not all Weeden's fault, he put his receivers in a position to succeed and they continuously let him down. He had his mistakes, but the offensive struggle wasn't all on him, not even close

Brady is one of the best QBs of all time. Yet he looks like crap with lacking talent and experience at receiver.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to throw in a pre-emptive attack real quick. People are going to say it's raining. Yes, that's true, but it didn't start until after halftime. So before that excuse makes its way into this thread, I want to squash it because it's not going to fly in here
pscottdai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently you are unaware of the unofficial Browns forum rule which states, "Logic is not allowed, only blind hatred and passion". In the future please refrain from making sense.

Thank you.
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I don't hate it

Look, I love the back and forth discussions on this board, rather I agree with them or not. But when I don't support a stance, I try to provide some examples of why I think the logic is flawed

Their are some good guys on this board with good intentions, but they tend to see what they want to see and their opinion can't be swayed. I'm hoping they'll at least take this post into consideration when starting threads after Week 1 saying Campbell should be starting, or that Weeden can't play
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edelman is a homeless mans welker

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

pscottdai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Edelman is a homeless mans welker

Lol, no kidding. He is the only one making Brady look even remotely repectable tonight.
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the saving grace of that offense right now, which is expected since he's been in the system for a few years now

All I know is I expect the Browns offense to look much better as the experience of our receivers grows as well as their knowledge of the system. The only one making plays for the Patriots right now is the guy who has been in the league a few years and has been in the same system during that whole span, Brady can rely on him

As it stands now, I don't think Weeden has any trust in his receivers because no one is separating themselves as a trustworthy receiver, a guy he knows he can throw the ball to and they'll fight to make sure it's not a mistake

Once we get Gordon back, it could all click, but as it stands now, defenses don't have to respect anyone but Cameron. That in itself makes Weedens job even harder. Until it happens, he's going to look just like Brady looks tonight, like a poor QB who can't move the ball through the air

Case in point: @DanHellie: Brady has 19 completions... 13 of them to Edelman

Last edited by TeHDruiD on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brady has earned the right to have down games without anyone batting an eye. Weeden has never been better than a bottom 10 QB in the NFL. I don't see how anyone can be anything but negative when thinking about Weeden.
2013: 36 Tackles - 5.5 Sacks -1 FF - 1 FR - 4 PD -2 STF
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
I think Brady has earned the right to have down games without anyone batting an eye. Weeden has never been better than a bottom 10 QB in the NFL. I don't see how anyone can be anything but negative when thinking about Weeden.

The point is he's being plagued by the same things that plagued Weeden. Even the great QB's look like non-starting options when their WR units aren't effective. You give Brady this receiving corps (dropping passes, running wrong routes - everything that has plagued Weeden) to start his career and who knows where he'd be

This isn't a Brady to Weeden comparison in terms of career anyways (I knew this type of comment was coming, haters gonna hate), we all know Brady is one of the best to ever do it. It's simply showing you that even the great QB's look bad when they have no one to throw to
Entropy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

The point is he's being plagued by the same things that plagued Weeden. Even the great QB's look like non-starting options when their WR units aren't effective. You give Brady this receiving corps (dropping passes, running wrong routes - everything that has plagued Weeden) to start his career and who knows where he'd be

This isn't a Brady to Weeden comparison in terms of career anyways (I knew this type of comment was coming, haters gonna hate), we all know Brady is one of the best to ever do it. It's simply showing you that even the great QB's look bad when they have no one to throw to

Tom Brady in 2 games:

48/91 (52.7%) 473 yards 3TDs 1 INT 74.1 rating

That's about the best QB of all time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
I don't see how anyone can be anything but negative when thinking about Weeden.

Weeden has a great deep ball, a quick release, and he had 6 games where he had a QB rating over 84.2, he had 3 300 yard games, 5 wins as a rookie in the WCO--and who were his receivers?

THOSE are positives, if you are being realistic.

Blind hatred is blind, sir.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

none of that matters when the qb looks bad in a majority of the games he plays in.
2013: 36 Tackles - 5.5 Sacks -1 FF - 1 FR - 4 PD -2 STF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: