Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update: Danny Amendola could miss 3-6 weeks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
m haynes wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
m haynes wrote:
Sciz wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
This is a discussion board, meant for discussing. If you're trying to argue something but refuse to back up your claim, what's the point in posting?
Quoted for emphasis.
I will post now and in the future. I post anyway I like. I won't follow any ones rules, telling how to post

ps Mods I don't swear, call people names. My quote is for those who think they can tell me how to post. I am a Pats fan and I have every right to be here.

No one is saying you don't have a right to post here. It's just counter productive if your answer is "ya whatever" any time someone responds to you. The point of these boards is to exchange ideas and converse, not just blurt out things and then yell at people who try to respond to them.
Whatever is only directed to you. I don't understand your comments yelling. Is this a young kid thing. I am 55 years old I hardly can type? I don't see me blurting out things. I have read articles on Dowling and he has a history. Your response prove it. You want me to go find articles I read back when he was drafted. That not going to happen.

Quote:
The point of these boards is to exchange ideas and converse
I hope this is not yelling. You don't do that with me. you do that with others. You point out my faults or holes in my comments and say prove it. You are going to get, Whatever because I don't want to play IMO your game.

He isn't yelling at you. He isn't playing some game. Does he challenge other posters to actually think about their arguments? Absolutely, and that is a great thing that helps lift the quality of posting from everyone.
No I'm asking if you use quotes is this consider yelling?

Not at all, quoting is a simple way to keep a discussion or debate organized for easy review.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
m haynes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
m haynes wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
m haynes wrote:
Sciz wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
This is a discussion board, meant for discussing. If you're trying to argue something but refuse to back up your claim, what's the point in posting?
Quoted for emphasis.
I will post now and in the future. I post anyway I like. I won't follow any ones rules, telling how to post

ps Mods I don't swear, call people names. My quote is for those who think they can tell me how to post. I am a Pats fan and I have every right to be here.

No one is saying you don't have a right to post here. It's just counter productive if your answer is "ya whatever" any time someone responds to you. The point of these boards is to exchange ideas and converse, not just blurt out things and then yell at people who try to respond to them.
Whatever is only directed to you. I don't understand your comments yelling. Is this a young kid thing. I am 55 years old I hardly can type? I don't see me blurting out things. I have read articles on Dowling and he has a history. Your response prove it. You want me to go find articles I read back when he was drafted. That not going to happen.

Quote:
The point of these boards is to exchange ideas and converse
I hope this is not yelling. You don't do that with me. you do that with others. You point out my faults or holes in my comments and say prove it. You are going to get, Whatever because I don't want to play IMO your game.

A. I'm not a young kid

B. Your use of multiple exclamation points and "ya whatever" comes off yelling and dismissive. I think most people would interpret it similarly. Had no idea that it meant yelling.

C. I don't treat you any differently than anyone else with whom I disagree or am engaged in a debate. I'm sure many others here would validate that.

D. Your unwillingness to back up your arguable, controversial (i.e. the anti-Belichick stuff you post) or outright false claims doesn't make my responses to you an effort to "hide behind crap" or "point out your faults." I have to back up my opinion? Ex I said his defense is old and outdated. How am I going to back that up. You want me to research to prove my comments on a football forum. Our LB run the 40 in days. Do I have to prove it.

It's my view that this board is for discussing, conversing and sometimes a friendly debate. If anyone, including you, posts something which I find interesting or debatable, I am going to respond. Were that not my intention, I wouldn't be spending my time on a discussion board.

It's nothing personal, but you can't expect to post controversial and inflammatory opinions and not have people respond. If you're not interested in debate, simply ignore the responses rather than be dismissive and accusatory.

dismissive and accusatory If I do that sorry however there is no way this applies with my comments on Dowling. Maybe you should look back and see your response. EX Bradley Roby*, CB, Ohio State has a problem with the law ( trust me don't ask me to prove it) After the season I will read up on the problem months before the draft. Draft time I say he a bad dud and your response will be prove it just like you did with Dowling. I am not going to research everything I have read so you can be satisfied. Its funny why you wanted me to prove my point on Dowling and said nothing to the other poster.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ras-I Dowling is a Canadian.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
m haynes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Ras-I Dowling is a Canadian.
He plays two sports. No wonder why he's always hurt.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. Dowling is made of paper. Please stop..

Aite,

peace.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Dalton wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
I know the system is the system, but we have no choice but to make things easier for the guys who have to go out there.

Agree 100%. Just have them run slants, posts, streaks, and some screens. All good routes that should be very easy to perform.

The route running was not the problem

Agreed. Its the fact they're reading defenses wrong and running incorrect routes.

Exactly, so if we can't rely on them to make the correct read - take that out of their hands and get them running structured routes. At the moment it's causing more harm than good. No other team puts this much pressure on their rookies and it's negating their talent.
finn54

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:

You have every right to be here. But this:

m haynes wrote:
I was waiting for you. I knew you would find some way to put me on the spot . Back me up no way, show me up every chance you get. Her my response to you. WHATEVER.

Is not acceptable. You may not have swore or called him any names, but you made it personal which is not gonna fly. Now stop it, all of you. Keep it civil.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Source: Danny Amendola is not going to have sports hernia surgery. Return now in framework of a few weeks

https://twitter.com/kguregian/status/380075005935378432
Tom Brady Tribute
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Source: Danny Amendola is not going to have sports hernia surgery. Return now in framework of a few weeks

does foregoing the surgery put him at more of a risk to reaggravate it?

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

From him being trying to practice on it and now foregoing surgery it definitely feels like he is trying to rush to get back as quickly as possible instead of making sure its fully healed. That's all speculation on my part of course, but how could not having the surgery be the better of the two choices when it is so early in the season?

I'm no doctor so there very well could be good reason to not do the surgery, but it just feels like he is putting a lot of pressure on himself to get back as quickly as possible because I'm sure he wants to play but more so is putting a lot of pressure on himself trying to shake the whole injury prone title he has.

Idk, I just want him 100% before coming back.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that Amendola's injury is going to linger unless they just sit him for a period. That he's practicing and not having surgery (whether or not he needs it) indicates that both he and the team seem to think he can/should play through some level of discomfort.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
I have a feeling that Amendola's injury is going to linger unless they just sit him for a period. That he's practicing and not having surgery (whether or not he needs it) indicates that both he and the team seem to think he can/should play through some level of discomfort.

They are probably trying to get him back before the bye and see how it does with a week off.

Trouble is most years I'd be saying, oh well with him back they can shoot for the bye in the playoffs and he can rest then for a playoff push but Im not sure about that.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
jofos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

From him being trying to practice on it and now foregoing surgery it definitely feels like he is trying to rush to get back as quickly as possible instead of making sure its fully healed. That's all speculation on my part of course, but how could not having the surgery be the better of the two choices when it is so early in the season?

I'm no doctor so there very well could be good reason to not do the surgery, but it just feels like he is putting a lot of pressure on himself to get back as quickly as possible because I'm sure he wants to play but more so is putting a lot of pressure on himself trying to shake the whole injury prone title he has.

http://www.sportsherniasouth.com/Sports-Hernia-Surgery-Questions.html

A few years ago we had two players with sports hernias in August a few weeks before the season started. On was a Jr the other a Sr, the senior didn't want to miss anytime so he opted to go to therapy. The JR had surgery. The therapist a guy named Bob Fleming, who must have been Mr. Miyagi's teacher, told me he could have the guy back 100% in 3 weeks. The kid played the first game two weeks later and never had an issue. The other player came back 4 weeks after the surgery and his parents said had he been a senior they would have not done the surgery so he would have missed time.
A sports hernia is a hit or miss thing that depends on the person most of the time. With that said as much as I would like to see some one that can catch and run routes on the field this weekend we need long term health. Surgery or not I just hope that he isn't rushed back.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jofos wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

A few years ago we had two players with sports hernias in August a few weeks before the season started. On was a Jr the other a Sr, the senior didn't want to miss anytime so he opted to go to therapy. The JR had surgery. The therapist a guy named Bob Fleming, who must have been Mr. Miyagi's teacher, told me he could have the guy back 100% in 3 weeks. The kid played the first game two weeks later and never had an issue. The other player came back 4 weeks after the surgery and his parents said had he been a senior they would have not done the surgery so he would have missed time.
A sports hernia is a hit or miss thing that depends on the person most of the time. With that said as much as I would like to see some one that can catch and run routes on the field this weekend we need long term health. Surgery or not I just hope that he isn't rushed back.

Yea, I figured it was more of a case by case basis on what the best route to go is, but I just hope they aren't looking at the WR corps right now and having that be a factor in their decision.

The Pats really don't need to win right now, they need to win later.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
jofos wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

Yea, I figured it was more of a case by case basis on what the best route to go is, but I just hope they aren't looking at the WR corps right now and having that be a factor in their decision.

The Pats really don't need to win right now, they need to win later.

They can get by the Bucs like they did the Jets IMO, risky but doable. We have very little chance against the Falcons without one of Gronk or Amendola back.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: