Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos Forum Intro/Random Thread - Get Well Foxy Ed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Haha.....was studying for a test that was this morning. I needed a vent for sure.

Us soccer players are programmed to be defensive since we were called field fairies from first to eighth grade Laughing

In high school we (the football team) made the soccer players wait in the hall until we done in the locker room before they could come in. I still feel kinda bad about that.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Haha.....was studying for a test that was this morning. I needed a vent for sure.

Us soccer players are programmed to be defensive since we were called field fairies from first to eighth grade Laughing

In high school we (the football team) made the soccer players wait in the hall until we done in the locker room before they could come in. I still feel kinda bad about that.

Haha poor guys.....

Soccer and lax were king in the burbs of Denver believe it or not. All the football teams around me were trash besides Mullen.

My school's soccer team was so filthy. My freshman year their were 5 regional players on varsity and my senior year like 8 kids went on to play D1/D2. My backup goalie senior year is playing in England for a club right now and a kid that graduated my Junior year was the Columbus Crew's first round pick last year. Soccer outside Denver is so dope

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:

Haha poor guys.....

Soccer and lax were king in the burbs of Denver believe it or not. All the football teams around me were trash besides Mullen.

My school's soccer team was so filthy. My freshman year their were 5 regional players on varsity and my senior year like 8 kids went on to play D1/D2. My backup goalie senior year is playing in England for a club right now and a kid that graduated my Junior year was the Columbus Crew's first round pick last year. Soccer outside Denver is so dope

From what I've seen the big 5A suburban Denver schools have some pretty sick football teams. Mullen, Cherry Creek, Cherokee Trail and all the Highlands Ranch schools fielded some pretty good teams. It's not like Texas or other parts in the south but those teams play on a different level all together

roar2014

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:

LOL not cool man!

I played varsity soccer (or Football as it should be called, but that's another argument) in high school and I'm a huge soccer fan. I just never came to understand the hate surrounding soccer in the U.S. But that is obviously changing, as soccer is slowly gaining more and more popularity.
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Paul Oliver. Another ex Charger commits suicide.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'll pimp Jeffco football, Green Mountain, Wheat Ridge, Pomona, Columbine, A-West, Lakewood, Chatfield have all won state titles at various levels and Ralston Valley and Bear Creek are also pretty good programs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I gotta say, the CU-CSU rivalry thing to me is so cool. Maryland has no true rival because they're the only really relevant state school in Maryland. Obviously Duke and UNC are basketball rivals, but only Duke really views UMD that way (whether they admit it or not), UVA is a rival sorta, but again, it's more of the ACC trying to force a rivalry.

I hope Maryland can take Penn State as somewhat of a rival.

I am a CU alum and I don't think you will find any CU person who thinks CSU is a rival. It's more like an annoying little brother. CU is going through what could possibly be the worst spell in the school's football history yet even then CSU could only manage a handful of games. Most of the games end up being blow outs in favor of CU.

Michigan State Univ vs Univ of Michigan is an example of a traditional intra state rivalry. CU vs CSU is not.

Last edited by mke1010 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:

Well obviously this could only happen in the U.S as majority of human beings on earth consider soccer not only to be the real football but the real man's game. Quite frankly those who think otherwise are but a small fraction given the numbers when it comes to global popularity of soccer versus American football

In fact they find it funny, that a sport where grown men fly around in tights, tapping each other on the backside while bent over with another man's hands up their butts, have the audacity to question the masculinity of another sport.

Truth is I kinda see their point. Smile
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:

Completely opposite when I was in high school. We had separate locker rooms. Anyways, my freshman year of high school the soccer and football teams were both coming off state championship appearances (and losses). Soccer started the season 4-0, football fell off. I remember just being a scared freshman, thinking in terms of stereotypes, that the football kids owned us. This was until walking into the locker room, an assistant coach in front of us, and a few football players in front of him. The football players start talking saying stupid stuff like "you guys dont shower after practice gross blah blah" and our assistant coach just going right back at them "yea winning teams dont need to shower after practice." Thinking back it was completely uncalled for, and unprofessional, but it represented the swag that our teams walked around school with for the next four years perfectly. We didn't lose games my entire first three years. We won two state titles and three league titles and walked around school like nobody can touch us, and the truth was, nobody could. The football team by senior year caught back up and was matching us for wins and championship appearances, but they couldn't match the confidence and status that our success had brought us over my four years. It was great.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly do not begrudge anyone who likes soccer, or NASCAR or synchronized swimming or whatever. I personally know very few people who like those sports and I, again personally, cannot understand their appeal. I spent 2.5 hours tonight covering a high school soccer match and, while I didn't exactly enjoy it, I took my assignment tonight just as seriously as I will on Friday night covering the homecoming football game. I respect the athletes and their skillset just as I do the participants of the other, more mainstream, sports. That said, I won't shy away from making a snide comment or two about sports like soccer or NASCAR, or expressing disgust for something like MMA; another "sport" whose appeal is baffling to me.

What happened in high school happened. I can't say I'm proud of it; like I said I still feel kind of bad about it. But it was high school, it was a long time ago, people change. Believe it or not, back in high school, I was obnoxious. 15 years ago in a small town in the inter-mountain west there was a certain culture, one that likely differs greatly from those of the present in major cities along the East Coast. Football, wrestling, baseball and, to slightly lesser extent, basketball, were the sports that got respect, the ones that fathers wanted their sons to play. Soccer, golf, cross country, tennis and swimming were viewed as "lesser" sports reserved for those that couldn't make it in one of the afore listed big 4. Does that make what we did "right," probably not.

mke1010 wrote:
Well obviously this could only happen in the U.S as majority of human beings on earth consider soccer not only to be the real football but the real man's game. Quite frankly those who think otherwise are but a small fraction given the numbers when it comes to global popularity of soccer versus American football

In fact they find it funny, that a sport where grown men fly around in tights, tapping each other on the backside while bent over with another man's hands up their butts, have the audacity to question the masculinity of another sport.

Truth is I kinda see their point. Smile

Who cares if they think football is "silly" and soccer is a "real man's" game? There are billions of people in the world who believe in communism, who devalue human rights, who do not believe in equal rights for women and minorities, who think that the prosecution, imprisonment, torture and murder of those who are different - be it racially, ethnically, religiously, sexually, politically or what have you - is not only acceptable but entirely justified. If some western effete or a cadre of machete-wielding tribesmen in Africa who still fight the battles of the 14th century prefer soccer, I say all the more reason to loathe it.

mke1010

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it easy AAA. It was a light hearted sort of ribbing not to be taken too seriously.

Of course, I am talking about the soccer/football discourse. In regards to my CU/CSU comments I am damn serious. Very Happy
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Take it easy AAA. It was a light hearted sort of ribbing not to be taken too seriously.

Of course, I am talking about the soccer/football discourse. In regards to my CU/CSU comments I am damn serious. Very Happy

So when are you gonna come tailgate for a game? Cool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is hella cool Shocked

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
I think this is hella cool Shocked

\

Its like the artist tried to make the Rocky Mountains as a template for the Bronco head. Does anyone else see it? Because of that, I kind of don't like it as much. Interesting design nonetheless.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
mke1010

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

So when are you gonna come tailgate for a game? Cool

Wow wish I could. I live in Texas.
I do miss Colorado a lot. Hopefully soon!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 12 of 99

Jump to: