Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: MNF- Steelers @ Bengals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Dalton kinda just looked scared all night. Some of his passes were just really bad. He needs to calm down

Scared is the wrong word. He just looked a little too amp'd up. He settled down and actually had a pretty nice second half.

Agreed. His adrenaline was going nuts and he couldn't calm down and make solid throws. All of them were high. We needed to get some check downs and screen plays to get him comfortable. Or run more...as others have pointed out, 30 passes in a half is too much especially when we were getting yards on the ground

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
very disappointed by Atkins tonight to be honest. I expected him to dominate

Sure, but his did have Valasco and DeCastro on each arm most of the night. Difficult to be effective when you're shoving 650 lbs of Steeler every down.

That's the problem with getting $55 million lobbed at you; folks start to notice. Geno is going to get a lot of double-teams this year, hopefully that will open up some holes for others.

Zimmer will look to blitz some LB's up along side Geno and give the offence something else to think about.

He faced double teams last year too. Lets not act like the guy gets more attention because he got paid. he gets more attention after his 12.5 sacks. He faced a lot of double teams last year and still dominated.

I am not saying he isnt trying or anything, but against a backup C that was just signed off the streets and DeCastro who has struggled so far, he didnt do as much as I expected. That is all

I noticed too many stunts with him last night that resulted in him being the edge rusher against the LT. Can't remember them doing that last year all that much. They were probably trying to get him 1-1 with someone, because every time he went up the middle he was doubled or tripled. But if i'm Zimmer i'd rather see him doubled than edge rushing a LT.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
very disappointed by Atkins tonight to be honest. I expected him to dominate

Sure, but his did have Valasco and DeCastro on each arm most of the night. Difficult to be effective when you're shoving 650 lbs of Steeler every down.

That's the problem with getting $55 million lobbed at you; folks start to notice. Geno is going to get a lot of double-teams this year, hopefully that will open up some holes for others.

Zimmer will look to blitz some LB's up along side Geno and give the offence something else to think about.

He faced double teams last year too. Lets not act like the guy gets more attention because he got paid. he gets more attention after his 12.5 sacks. He faced a lot of double teams last year and still dominated.

I am not saying he isnt trying or anything, but against a backup C that was just signed off the streets and DeCastro who has struggled so far, he didnt do as much as I expected. That is all

I noticed too many stunts with him last night that resulted in him being the edge rusher against the LT. Can't remember them doing that last year all that much. They were probably trying to get him 1-1 with someone, because every time he went up the middle he was doubled or tripled. But if i'm Zimmer i'd rather see him doubled than edge rushing a LT.

I noticed that also. He is going to face double teams all year, so I can see them doing different things. I would like to see someone blitz the middle which would force them to let Geno be blocked by 1 person. Slow starts aren't the end of the world. Hopefully with Dunlap and MJ playing so well Geno can get his looks too

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else notice George Iloka playing like crap yesterday?

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

I didnt notice him at all really. which is a good and bad thing

theJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I didnt notice him at all really. which is a good and bad thing

I noticed a few bad angles on some run plays and cutbacks. Otherwise didn't notice him.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Dalton kinda just looked scared all night. Some of his passes were just really bad. He needs to calm down

Scared is the wrong word. He just looked a little too amp'd up. He settled down and actually had a pretty nice second half.

Agreed. His adrenaline was going nuts and he couldn't calm down and make solid throws. All of them were high. We needed to get some check downs and screen plays to get him comfortable. Or run more...as others have pointed out, 30 passes in a half is too much especially when we were getting yards on the ground

There were a few passes that looked like he was playing hot potato

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

EDIT: 9/13 for 115 yards (8.8 YPA) and a TD in the second half.

This. My comment to friends was that he needed to take a valium at the half.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good:

Gio and the running game - Let's give BJGE some props for icing the game and being his usual reliable self in the short running game.

Tight Ends - While we all mentioned Efiert and Gresham, let's give Alex Smith some love as well. Something I loved in the preseason that has translated nicely to the regular season is the 3 TE set. All 3 TEs have been blocking beautifully.

O-Line - Gave Andy a clean pocket all day. Didn't even notice Cook messing up this game. Good sign

LBs - So far so good on the LB front. Harrison had a quiet game but Rey and Vontaze are doing a great job this year.

Terrance Newman - Looked like our best CB yesterday.

Bad:

Hall - For a typical corner, he wasn't that bad. But he's our #1 CB and I expected him to play better than he did.

Ugly:

Penalties & Clock Management - For a team returning as many starters as we are, I have no clue why we're this sloppy.

ST - Might need to re-sign Miles. We were ugly on ST. Orson Charles for his flaws as a FB but he has been pretty good on ST. Replacing him and Miles on ST didn't go well for us...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Ironman2

Location: Tony Stark: Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game guys see you next time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

With the 30,passes in the first half thing I'm stoked that jay has confidence that Andy can handle it. IIt's a pass to run league and Jay's version of the spread can really play to the strengths and weaknesses of our line. With the weapons at his disposal I'm glad Jay is pushing the game on Andy.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
LBs - So far so good on the LB front. Harrison had a quiet game but Rey and Vontaze are doing a great job this year.

They're gonna get the workout of their lives next Sunday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: