Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: MNF- Steelers @ Bengals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23468
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isnt that I was completely unimpressed. It was for sure an ugly win and I will gladly take it especially over the Steelers. I had some issues with the play calling and lack of Gio gettinng the ball after he showed how effective he was. But the defense played great despite Geno being invisible.

I want to see a prime time game when Andy shows up and we see the guy from last week. Playoff games are prime time and we cannot win playoff games with that kind of QB play.
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
futbudds


Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 1645
Location: Neptune Beach Fl
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
BathBengal wrote:
They say a sign of a good team is play badly and still win. I'll take a win over the Steelers any way an how. Some players played well and some not as well as expected. but we were good enough.

That's kind of how i feel. I know ocho wasn't impressed with the win, but this is the kind of game this team might have lost two years ago. QB plays below average and the team piles up penalty yardage, yet they made plays when they needed to.

What i liked
-Jermaine Gresham catching and running with the ball. That's the monster the team thought they were drafting two years ago. Keep that up and this offense is unstoppable with him, Green, Eifert and Bernard.

-Gio Bernard with the ball in his hands. He got most of his run in the 3rd quarter, and you could see the difference in the offense. Instead of a 70/30 split, this needs to be more of a 50/50. The only time i didn't mind having BJGE in the game was at the end, where not fumbling was more important than actually picking up yardage.

-Front 7 against the run. Didn't figure the Steelers could run, but nice to see them bottled up anyway.

What i didn't like
-Dalton being so errant on his passes. Football Nation didn't get to see the real Dalton. A guy who is poised in the pocket and delivers a nice ball most of the time.

-Geno Atkins being invisible most of the game. The team used him on stunts most of the game, which limited his effectiveness because he ended up on the edge a lot. That's not his strength. Here's to hoping he was just saving it for Rodgers.

-The two minute offense. Or rather, the let's run 60 seconds off the clock and do the 1 minute offense. WTF? This team always seems to lead the league in dumb clock management at the end of the half.


Gruden did not look happy on the sideline calling those draw plays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrCincinnati


Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 982
Location: Hamilton, OH
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible offensive play calling and Penalties almost cost the Bengals the game. Nevertheless though, they won the game, and beat the Steelers by DOUBLE DIGITS for the first times since 1996.

Jay Gruden needs to start running the football more and stop making Dalton throw so many passes. Dalton threw for over 30 passes in the first half. You can't wear out your QB like that. Green Ellis and Bernard played great in limited action. Bernard was the most impressive out of the whole team

Eifert could of had a monster game if Dalton didn't miss him on some passes. It's time to start throwing him the ball more

Its a good thing they won this game, because playing the Packers next will be a huge challenge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15722
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pros:
No turnovers. That is what cost us the game last week.
Gio got more touches, a trend that hopefully continues.
The tight ends. They made our passing game work with Taylor playing AJ well and Dalton's accuracy issues.
The line backers all had excellent games.
Carlos Dunlap is the man
Peko at FB
A win on MNF against the Steelers
Reggie Nelson had a great game

Cons:
Still too many penalties
Clock management and wasted second half time outs
Play Calling
Dalton getting the yips
Still not enough Gio
Need more from Geno
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6064
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night was so electric at PBS. Great win even though some parts were ugly. It was a must win for both teams so nerves were high. I agree with everyone's analysis. Gio needs to get the ball more. I just don't understand why Marvin insists on running tosses and stretches to BJGE. Just doesn't work. Gio scores 2 TDs, but lets keep him on the sidelines. WTF
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16791
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Last night was so electric at PBS. Great win even though some parts were ugly. It was a must win for both teams so nerves were high. I agree with everyone's analysis. Gio needs to get the ball more. I just don't understand why Marvin insists on running tosses and stretches to BJGE. Just doesn't work. Gio scores 2 TDs, but lets keep him on the sidelines. WTF


lol, I was complaining about the exact same thing. We really need to swap #1 and #2 RB roles already...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3436
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
very disappointed by Atkins tonight to be honest. I expected him to dominate

Sure, but his did have Valasco and DeCastro on each arm most of the night. Difficult to be effective when you're shoving 650 lbs of Steeler every down.

That's the problem with getting $55 million lobbed at you; folks start to notice. Geno is going to get a lot of double-teams this year, hopefully that will open up some holes for others.

Zimmer will look to blitz some LB's up along side Geno and give the offence something else to think about.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."


Last edited by LondonBengal on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3436
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Last night was so electric at PBS. Great win even though some parts were ugly. It was a must win for both teams so nerves were high. I agree with everyone's analysis. Gio needs to get the ball more. I just don't understand why Marvin insists on running tosses and stretches to BJGE. Just doesn't work. Gio scores 2 TDs, but lets keep him on the sidelines. WTF


lol, I was complaining about the exact same thing. We really need to swap #1 and #2 RB roles already...


It'll happen, slowly. Gio was going at 5.6 a pop or something like that, that'll get you noticed. You don't want to overwork the kid too much. I think Gruden mentioned on commentary, he reminded him of Darren Sproles.

He'll get his licks.......

Packers game next could be interesting for him, we might need some fast-break offence to catch up with that Rogers offence.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3436
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Pros:
No turnovers. That is what cost us the game last week.
Gio got more touches, a trend that hopefully continues.
The tight ends. They made our passing game work with Taylor playing AJ well and Dalton's accuracy issues.
The line backers all had excellent games.
Carlos Dunlap is the man
Peko at FB
A win on MNF against the Steelers
Reggie Nelson had a great game

Cons:
Still too many penalties
Clock management and wasted second half time outs
Play Calling
Dalton getting the yips
Still not enough Gio
Need more from Geno

Nice summary 'Duke'.

Dalton looked poor tonight, he missed the TE's on a couple of 3rd down throws;he's gotta make those. No velocity on his throws at all tonight. He normally compensates with good accuracy, but that was also missing.

The LB's did play well, but they are sure going to get stretched next week against that Packer offence. Lots of nickel D next week.

Still; I'm glad for the big fat 'W'.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6064
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton kinda just looked scared all night. Some of his passes were just really bad. He needs to calm down
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16791
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Zimmer will look to blitz some LB's up along side Geno and give the offence something else to think about.


What I noticed this season is that we've gone away from the double A gap blitz. Last season it seemed like we had Rey and Burfict looking like they were going to blitz and then drop back a lot. This season they are just relying on Geno beating double teams by him self. At least it's opening things up for everyone else. He'll get his sooner or later, I'm not too worried about it...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19077
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Dalton kinda just looked scared all night. Some of his passes were just really bad. He needs to calm down

Scared is the wrong word. He just looked a little too amp'd up. He settled down and actually had a pretty nice second half.

EDIT: 9/13 for 115 yards (8.8 YPA) and a TD in the second half.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.


Last edited by theJ on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19077
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Zimmer will look to blitz some LB's up along side Geno and give the offence something else to think about.


What I noticed this season is that we've gone away from the double A gap blitz. Last season it seemed like we had Rey and Burfict looking like they were going to blitz and then drop back a lot. This season they are just relying on Geno beating double teams by him self. At least it's opening things up for everyone else. He'll get his sooner or later, I'm not too worried about it...

They faked it a few times last night, but never really did it. In fact, they didn't really blitz much at all last night.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23468
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
very disappointed by Atkins tonight to be honest. I expected him to dominate

Sure, but his did have Valasco and DeCastro on each arm most of the night. Difficult to be effective when you're shoving 650 lbs of Steeler every down.

That's the problem with getting $55 million lobbed at you; folks start to notice. Geno is going to get a lot of double-teams this year, hopefully that will open up some holes for others.

Zimmer will look to blitz some LB's up along side Geno and give the offence something else to think about.


He faced double teams last year too. Lets not act like the guy gets more attention because he got paid. he gets more attention after his 12.5 sacks. He faced a lot of double teams last year and still dominated.

I am not saying he isnt trying or anything, but against a backup C that was just signed off the streets and DeCastro who has struggled so far, he didnt do as much as I expected. That is all
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19077
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Dalton kinda just looked scared all night. Some of his passes were just really bad. He needs to calm down

Scared is the wrong word. He just looked a little too amp'd up. He settled down and actually had a pretty nice second half.

He was 9/13 for 115 yards (8.8 YPA) and a TD in the second half.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group