Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: MNF- Steelers @ Bengals
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Week 2: MNF- Steelers @ Bengals Reply with quote

Lets get this going!

Both teams (and all the AFC North) started 0-1 this season. The Bengals built a lead vs the Bears and lost it, whereas the Steelers could never get anything going vs the Titans. The Bengals head into this huge game fairly healthy and the Steelers are limping into this matchup. It would seem the Bengals should be the favored ones heading into this game, as expectations are high and they looked pretty competitive against a playoff caliber Bears team. But as many of us know, when the big lights come on, the Bengals seem to buckle under the national spotlight. Can they win this huge early divisional matchup? Or will they expectations be too much for them to handle?

Prediction:
Bengals- 34
Steelers- 10

I just have this feeling...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling as well, that the summer of love for Gresham might come to an end with a fumble in this game. Think we win anyway...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time in a while that i have a good feeling about a Bengals/Steelers game .

But, my trap alarm is going off. Mainly because the Steelers looked so bad last week. They can't possibly be that bad...can they? They can't...

I'm excited to watch it though. Very excited.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.

Last edited by theJ on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overlooking the Steelers would be a big mistake. Even if they are vulnerable right now, there's a reason the Bengals have only beaten the Steelers one time at Paul Brown Stadium. Plus the game is on Prime Time, which the Bengals seem to never play that well on.

The Steelers offense Isn't very good though. Iv'e never seem them play this terrible in a long time. The Bengals defense is much more dangerous than the Titans, so I'm not too worried on that side of the ball. Shut down the run like they did last week well, and this time clean up the stupid penalties and Big Ben will have a long night.

Its all gonna be on the offense though. Never in the Dalton era have they managed to score more than 17 points on the Steelers. Steelers defense is still tough against the run and that's something the Bengals need to do better than. I just hope the team considers giving more reps to Gio Bernard this game, and he can fix that problem. If they don't turn the ball over again so many times, the offense will score just enough to win.

Steelers 13 Bengals 17
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be livid if we don't increase Gio's snaps in this game and we lose. The Steelers defense is still one of the best in the league. Dalton not having a running game to support him could cost us. I like the way the offense looks but we shouldn't go in relying on just the passing game...

johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I'm going to be livid if we don't increase Gio's snaps in this game and we lose. The Steelers defense is still one of the best in the league. Dalton not having a running game to support him could cost us. I like the way the offense looks but we shouldn't go in relying on just the passing game...

I think he will get more touches, he has to. It drives me crazy when we do stretch runs and tosses with BJGE and runs up the middle with Gio. It's like we do the opposite of what makes sense.

Location: Tony Stark: Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Steelers fan...

They may just be that bad. But its hard to overcome your starting center going down. And Beachem is not a center, I don't care he is not a center. Question is what do you do when no one else is able to step in. I don't have the greatest faith they will win, but if they do it will be on Ben's arm.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironman2 wrote:
As a Steelers fan...

They may just be that bad. But its hard to overcome your starting center going down. And Beachem is not a center, I don't care he is not a center. Question is what do you do when no one else is able to step in. I don't have the greatest faith they will win, but if they do it will be on Ben's arm.

Geno didn't cause much disruption last game. I expect him to go nuts on Monday. If he doesn't, this team is in trouble. They're at their best when he's collapsing pockets and making QB's move.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully expect us to blow this one. We always blow Prime Time games. I'm pretty sure we have already used all of our timeouts.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
I fully expect us to blow this one. We always blow Prime Time games. I'm pretty sure we have already used all of our timeouts.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Reading our forum thread and the Steelers forum thread is pretty funny. We both see the glass as half empty...

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
First time in a while that i have a good feeling about a Bengals/Steelers game .

But, my trap alarm is going off. Mainly because the Steelers looked so bad last week. They can't possibly be that bad...can they? They can't...

I'm excited to watch it though. Very excited.

Just watched the Titans Steelers game over; and yes, the Steelers were way below their normal high standards, but they were very close to completing some deep balls on several occasions. Cotchery/ Brown/ Sanders and Wheaton all look pretty decent receivers to me, and I expect the Steelers to pass often.

The Bengals strength is their run D, and I expect Ben to attack our weakness, our DB;s..

Key to the game IMO will be how much pressure the Bengals front 7 can get on Ben. We saw Cutler last week scramble effectively, and we know to our cost how effective Ben can be when the play breaks down.

It'll be a tough close game, Bengals should win on paper, but we'll see.

0-2 will be a tough hole for us to crawl out of.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually after a mental mistake game, Marvin's teams usually bounce back.

I am more concerned about being too conservative in a big primetime game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love and hate this game. It is a fantastic game, but no matter how good or bad the Steelers are I always feel like the under dog here. We have to win the game this week, we can't be 0-2 with our schedule over the next few weeks. Our D line needs to control the game and really get the running game going enough to give Dalton some space to throw. Should be a great way to get through Monday

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
futbudds

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I think he will get more touches, he has to. It drives me crazy when we do stretch runs and tosses with BJGE and runs up the middle with Gio. It's like we do the opposite of what makes sense.

Does anyone else think that bge's numbers would've been higher if Conner was still on the team? The possibilities of Charles in the offense do not outweigh an experienced battering ram like Charles or pressley IMO.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Does anyone else think that bge's numbers would've been higher if Conner was still on the team? The possibilities of Charles in the offense do not outweigh an experienced battering ram like Charles or pressley IMO.

No. I've said the same thing for two years. The coaches try to actually outthink themselves by doing the opposite of what they should with the RBs. But they do it so much, I can predict it, and they don't have nearly the same success trying it. Do what you do and do it well, I say.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: