Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders OT Menelik Watson out for a month
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
THE MAD STORK


Joined: 07 Aug 2012
Posts: 581
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:
I think Alex Mack has a chance to play here. Has roots here going be a free agent. Refused to sign an extension with the browns wants to test the market, we have cap space and could use help in our interior. He is a better center then wiz. Mack won't get franchised because he will get paid franchised LT money per NFL rules that pertain to offensive lineman. Wiz open holes and was graded high as a lg in his rookie year. Might not be a mauler but he can swing and is scrappy. I personally think he's a better guard. My dream 2014 offensive line in 2014

LT: Veldheer Barnes(good vet Swingman)
LG: Wiz
C: Mack Gurode(can also help at guard)
RG: Bergstorm or 2/3rd round pick ( training camp battle rookie and Bergstorm)
RT: Watson Pashos or McClain

Lets also see how Brisel finished the season. His play has surprised me


WHY BERGSTROM? hes shown nothing...iono why anyone likes him..hes horrible..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stix101


Joined: 31 Jul 2010
Posts: 280
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
I think Alex Mack has a chance to play here. Has roots here going be a free agent. Refused to sign an extension with the browns wants to test the market, we have cap space and could use help in our interior. He is a better center then wiz. Mack won't get franchised because he will get paid franchised LT money per NFL rules that pertain to offensive lineman. Wiz open holes and was graded high as a lg in his rookie year. Might not be a mauler but he can swing and is scrappy. I personally think he's a better guard. My dream 2014 offensive line in 2014

LT: Veldheer Barnes(good vet Swingman)
LG: Wiz
C: Mack Gurode(can also help at guard)
RG: Bergstorm or 2/3rd round pick ( training camp battle rookie and Bergstorm)
RT: Watson Pashos or McClain

Lets also see how Brisel finished the season. His play has surprised me


I actually really like that idea. If we were to splurge a little bit, Mack would be a good player to do it with. I could see Reggie paying Mack even though we aren't "going to Macy's".

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Hope you're right man. Cleveland's got money this offseason too though, hopefully he wants to come to Oakland....


Went to UC Berkeley. If he liked it there a lot, he could come back.

Since we're dreaming, Ill share mine. Im predicting we will be drafting in the 10-12 spot. assuming sammy watkins isnt available, id like to go with Cyril Richardson G from Baylor. I know, "dont waste top picks on lineman, they can be found in later rounds" but dominate guards are very hard to come by, and if any team in the NFL could benefit from a probowl guard, its us. So without further adieu, my zzzzzzzzzz lineup

LT Veldeer
LG Richardson
C Wizzzzz
RG Barnes
RT Watson

Then I wake up in 2014, and realize, 3 out of these 5 guys are hurt again Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22505
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I understand the idea of Wiz at LG, it's just the fact that it is not going to happen and that horse has been beat to death around here. Just like the Houston to UT nonsense for literally 3 seasons.

The LG will be addressed in the offseason I'm sure of it. Also, it will get a huge upgrade when Veldheer comes back. A LG's best friend is a solid LT.


Just like Pryor would never be our starter or improve as a passer. Or how King wouldn't be kept over Kluwe's experience because of holding. Right?

The possibility is there whether you acknowledge it or not.


Allen has said Wiz's position is at C and there has never been a discussion to change that. So yes.... that discussion could come up, but they've been pretty steadfast in where his position is.

Wish they would have signed Slauson in the offseason. He's been solid in Chicago and was a bargain.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 20507
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
WHY BERGSTROM? hes shown nothing...iono why anyone likes him..hes horrible..


He played very solid at LG in preseason. Was penciled in as the starter before he got hurt. He's probably the only guard that will be retained anyway.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 4587
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stix101 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
I think Alex Mack has a chance to play here. Has roots here going be a free agent. Refused to sign an extension with the browns wants to test the market, we have cap space and could use help in our interior. He is a better center then wiz. Mack won't get franchised because he will get paid franchised LT money per NFL rules that pertain to offensive lineman. Wiz open holes and was graded high as a lg in his rookie year. Might not be a mauler but he can swing and is scrappy. I personally think he's a better guard. My dream 2014 offensive line in 2014

LT: Veldheer Barnes(good vet Swingman)
LG: Wiz
C: Mack Gurode(can also help at guard)
RG: Bergstorm or 2/3rd round pick ( training camp battle rookie and Bergstorm)
RT: Watson Pashos or McClain

Lets also see how Brisel finished the season. His play has surprised me


I actually really like that idea. If we were to splurge a little bit, Mack would be a good player to do it with. I could see Reggie paying Mack even though we aren't "going to Macy's".

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Hope you're right man. Cleveland's got money this offseason too though, hopefully he wants to come to Oakland....


Went to UC Berkeley. If he liked it there a lot, he could come back.

Since we're dreaming, Ill share mine. Im predicting we will be drafting in the 10-12 spot. assuming sammy watkins isnt available, id like to go with Cyril Richardson G from Baylor. I know, "dont waste top picks on lineman, they can be found in later rounds" but dominate guards are very hard to come by, and if any team in the NFL could benefit from a probowl guard, its us. So without further adieu, my zzzzzzzzzz lineup

LT Veldeer
LG Richardson
C Wizzzzz
RG Barnes
RT Watson

Then I wake up in 2014, and realize, 3 out of these 5 guys are hurt again Rolling Eyes


It's a dream and yet you still come up with Barnes at guard, Jesus your dreams are thrilling!
_________________
bitty wrote:
I don't understand why everybody thinks Green Bay is the pinnacle of NFL franchises?
In my opinion they are a joke. In the last ten years there drafts sucked.
#clueless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 4587
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I understand the idea of Wiz at LG, it's just the fact that it is not going to happen and that horse has been beat to death around here. Just like the Houston to UT nonsense for literally 3 seasons.

The LG will be addressed in the offseason I'm sure of it. Also, it will get a huge upgrade when Veldheer comes back. A LG's best friend is a solid LT.


Just like Pryor would never be our starter or improve as a passer. Or how King wouldn't be kept over Kluwe's experience because of holding. Right?

The possibility is there whether you acknowledge it or not.


Allen has said Wiz's position is at C and there has never been a discussion to change that. So yes.... that discussion could come up, but they've been pretty steadfast in where his position is.

Wish they would have signed Slauson in the offseason. He's been solid in Chicago and was a bargain.


At least Wiz has played a season at G, Barnes has played 1 game at Guard in 9 years and everyone has him as the answer.
_________________
bitty wrote:
I don't understand why everybody thinks Green Bay is the pinnacle of NFL franchises?
In my opinion they are a joke. In the last ten years there drafts sucked.
#clueless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stix101


Joined: 31 Jul 2010
Posts: 280
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnes is just built like a bulldozer, I feel like he would be much better suited at G. Until i get to see it, ill be dreaming it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reddevil


Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 554
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Stix101 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
I think Alex Mack has a chance to play here. Has roots here going be a free agent. Refused to sign an extension with the browns wants to test the market, we have cap space and could use help in our interior. He is a better center then wiz. Mack won't get franchised because he will get paid franchised LT money per NFL rules that pertain to offensive lineman. Wiz open holes and was graded high as a lg in his rookie year. Might not be a mauler but he can swing and is scrappy. I personally think he's a better guard. My dream 2014 offensive line in 2014

LT: Veldheer Barnes(good vet Swingman)
LG: Wiz
C: Mack Gurode(can also help at guard)
RG: Bergstorm or 2/3rd round pick ( training camp battle rookie and Bergstorm)
RT: Watson Pashos or McClain

Lets also see how Brisel finished the season. His play has surprised me


I actually really like that idea. If we were to splurge a little bit, Mack would be a good player to do it with. I could see Reggie paying Mack even though we aren't "going to Macy's".

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Hope you're right man. Cleveland's got money this offseason too though, hopefully he wants to come to Oakland....


Went to UC Berkeley. If he liked it there a lot, he could come back.

Since we're dreaming, Ill share mine. Im predicting we will be drafting in the 10-12 spot. assuming sammy watkins isnt available, id like to go with Cyril Richardson G from Baylor. I know, "dont waste top picks on lineman, they can be found in later rounds" but dominate guards are very hard to come by, and if any team in the NFL could benefit from a probowl guard, its us. So without further adieu, my zzzzzzzzzz lineup

LT Veldeer
LG Richardson
C Wizzzzz
RG Barnes
RT Watson

Then I wake up in 2014, and realize, 3 out of these 5 guys are hurt again Rolling Eyes


It's a dream and yet you still come up with Barnes at guard, Jesus your dreams are thrilling!


Agreed on that one. If we were dreaming, I'd like to think we could do better than Barnes. In reality we should be able to do better with the money we have and a full draft. I would expect Guard to be one of the positions we can easily upgrade through FA and if we spend a 3rd rounder or so on the o-line then we don't need to dream - we'd have improvement. Very realistic if you ask me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33067
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I understand the idea of Wiz at LG, it's just the fact that it is not going to happen and that horse has been beat to death around here. Just like the Houston to UT nonsense for literally 3 seasons.

The LG will be addressed in the offseason I'm sure of it. Also, it will get a huge upgrade when Veldheer comes back. A LG's best friend is a solid LT.


Just like Pryor would never be our starter or improve as a passer. Or how King wouldn't be kept over Kluwe's experience because of holding. Right?

The possibility is there whether you acknowledge it or not.


Allen has said Wiz's position is at C and there has never been a discussion to change that. So yes.... that discussion could come up, but they've been pretty steadfast in where his position is.

Wish they would have signed Slauson in the offseason. He's been solid in Chicago and was a bargain.


At least Wiz has played a season at G, Barnes has played 1 game at Guard in 9 years and everyone has him as the answer.


I agree, Dessie.


Also, I would like it noted that in my mock offseason for last year, I had us signing Matt Slauson. Wink
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE MAD STORK


Joined: 07 Aug 2012
Posts: 581
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone please tell me how I could shrink my avatar?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 6115
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Mad Stork avi doeee...
_________________


If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
Could someone please tell me how I could shrink my avatar?


Just edit it on your PC and change its size Razz
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11990
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
Could someone please tell me how I could shrink my avatar?


There are tons of websites that will alter the size of your avi to 60x60 or whatever size is permitted here. Just google them
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE MAD STORK


Joined: 07 Aug 2012
Posts: 581
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks guys! ill try googling some websites that do that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 4072
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stix101 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
I think Alex Mack has a chance to play here. Has roots here going be a free agent. Refused to sign an extension with the browns wants to test the market, we have cap space and could use help in our interior. He is a better center then wiz. Mack won't get franchised because he will get paid franchised LT money per NFL rules that pertain to offensive lineman. Wiz open holes and was graded high as a lg in his rookie year. Might not be a mauler but he can swing and is scrappy. I personally think he's a better guard. My dream 2014 offensive line in 2014

LT: Veldheer Barnes(good vet Swingman)
LG: Wiz
C: Mack Gurode(can also help at guard)
RG: Bergstorm or 2/3rd round pick ( training camp battle rookie and Bergstorm)
RT: Watson Pashos or McClain

Lets also see how Brisel finished the season. His play has surprised me


I actually really like that idea. If we were to splurge a little bit, Mack would be a good player to do it with. I could see Reggie paying Mack even though we aren't "going to Macy's".

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Hope you're right man. Cleveland's got money this offseason too though, hopefully he wants to come to Oakland....


Went to UC Berkeley. If he liked it there a lot, he could come back.

Since we're dreaming, Ill share mine. Im predicting we will be drafting in the 10-12 spot. assuming sammy watkins isnt available, id like to go with Cyril Richardson G from Baylor. I know, "dont waste top picks on lineman, they can be found in later rounds" but dominate guards are very hard to come by, and if any team in the NFL could benefit from a probowl guard, its us. So without further adieu, my zzzzzzzzzz lineup

LT Veldeer
LG Richardson
C Wizzzzz
RG Barnes
RT Watson

Then I wake up in 2014, and realize, 3 out of these 5 guys are hurt again Rolling Eyes
I was thinking the same thing, Cyril will be a beast and maybe we could trade down a bit for more picks and get him.
_________________
He hate me!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group