Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders OT Menelik Watson out for a month
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
91jmay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah this is so annoying. I am really excited to see him play!

Nickname for Sio Moore and Khalil Mack.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh..... Wiz to LG..... when will it end?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

When he gets moved there or we get a suitable LG. If its just for this season, I could live with him at LG if its because Gurode plays much better at C than he (Gurode) does at LG. Sum of the parts >>>. We'll need to find a long term option in the offseason. If we just pencil Bergstrom in for it, I'll be disappointed. But I don't think we will given the emphasis on competition.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

When he gets moved there or we get a suitable LG. If its just for this season, I could live with him at LG if its because Gurode plays much better at C than he (Gurode) does at LG. Sum of the parts >>>. We'll need to find a long term option in the offseason. If we just pencil Bergstrom in for it, I'll be disappointed. But I don't think we will given the emphasis on competition.
Exactly! Wiz at LG and Gurode at C is > Nix at LG and Wiz at C at this point.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Long term I would prefer Wisnewski at center though. You?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Long term I agree, but for now Nix is a liability and doesn't belong in the starting lineup.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Long term I agree, but for now Nix is a liability and doesn't belong in the starting lineup.

Yeah, I agree. Which is unfortunate for our team, but whatever. When Watson comes back, I'd prefer to leave him at RT. Khalif is playing alright at LT and I'd rather give Watson reps at his future position than at LT. Especially with Veldheer inching closer to his come back.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I know the question wasnt for me but Ill answer anyway. whatever benefits the team im down for. But yeah im with you, id prefer to keep Wiz at C long term. Wiz is versatile and can be moved around. Playing different positions on the oline can really benefit a player IMO.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stix101 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

I know the question wasnt for me but Ill answer anyway. whatever benefits the team im down for. But yeah im with you, id prefer to keep Wiz at C long term. Wiz is versatile and can be moved around. Playing different positions on the oline can really benefit a player IMO.

Np. I'm in agreement. I think of it like Barnes playing LT. Temporarily upgrade a spot on the OL. We could look for other options, but we have a valid solution on the roster already. It'll help him get better at LG and increase versatility. I'm not going to pound the table to put him there, but if they do then I understand and am fine with it. As long as he is a C long term.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Stix101 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Np. I'm in agreement. I think of it like Barnes playing LT. Temporarily upgrade a spot on the OL. We could look for other options, but we have a valid solution on the roster already. It'll help him get better at LG and increase versatility. I'm not going to pound the table to put him there, but if they do then I understand and am fine with it. As long as he is a C long term.

If he plays well at LG again I would rather draft/sign another Center. They are much cheaper and can be found later in the draft. Much harder to fill the LG spot. Just my opinion though.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the idea of Wiz at LG, it's just the fact that it is not going to happen and that horse has been beat to death around here. Just like the Houston to UT nonsense for literally 3 seasons.

The LG will be addressed in the offseason I'm sure of it. Also, it will get a huge upgrade when Veldheer comes back. A LG's best friend is a solid LT.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
I understand the idea of Wiz at LG, it's just the fact that it is not going to happen and that horse has been beat to death around here. Just like the Houston to UT nonsense for literally 3 seasons.

The LG will be addressed in the offseason I'm sure of it. Also, it will get a huge upgrade when Veldheer comes back. A LG's best friend is a solid LT.

Just like Pryor would never be our starter or improve as a passer. Or how King wouldn't be kept over Kluwe's experience because of holding. Right?

The possibility is there whether you acknowledge it or not.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Alex Mack has a chance to play here. Has roots here going be a free agent. Refused to sign an extension with the browns wants to test the market, we have cap space and could use help in our interior. He is a better center then wiz. Mack won't get franchised because he will get paid franchised LT money per NFL rules that pertain to offensive lineman. Wiz open holes and was graded high as a lg in his rookie year. Might not be a mauler but he can swing and is scrappy. I personally think he's a better guard. My dream 2014 offensive line in 2014

LT: Veldheer Barnes(good vet Swingman)
LG: Wiz
C: Mack Gurode(can also help at guard)
RG: Bergstorm or 2/3rd round pick ( training camp battle rookie and Bergstorm)
RT: Watson Pashos or McClain

Lets also see how Brisel finished the season. His play has surprised me
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:
I think Alex Mack has a chance to play here. Has roots here going be a free agent. Refused to sign an extension with the browns wants to test the market, we have cap space and could use help in our interior. He is a better center then wiz. Mack won't get franchised because he will get paid franchised LT money per NFL rules that pertain to offensive lineman. Wiz open holes and was graded high as a lg in his rookie year. Might not be a mauler but he can swing and is scrappy. I personally think he's a better guard. My dream 2014 offensive line in 2014

Hope you're right man. Cleveland's got money this offseason too though, hopefully he wants to come to Oakland....

ďIf Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Iím uncoachable, Iím unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EricAllen21 wrote:

I actually really like that idea. If we were to splurge a little bit, Mack would be a good player to do it with. I could see Reggie paying Mack even though we aren't "going to Macy's".

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Hope you're right man. Cleveland's got money this offseason too though, hopefully he wants to come to Oakland....

Went to UC Berkeley. If he liked it there a lot, he could come back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: