Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders OT Menelik Watson out for a month
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Raiders OT Menelik Watson out for a month Reply with quote

Quote:
Raiders LT Menelik Watson underwent arthroscopic surgery on torn lateral meniscus last week, expected to be sidelined one month.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/378166594578710528
Tom Brady Tribute
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That explains it. Well Barnes is going to be LT for a while.
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wtf. This blows. I don't likely.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injury prone, terrible draft pick. Should have taken this player instead..... Fire Reggie, he's a bum.

Am I doing it right?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Injury prone, terrible draft pick. Should have taken this player instead..... Fire Reggie, he's a bum.

Am I doing it right?

lol almost.

Turns out our biggest injury risk (Hayden) is getting more playing time than the rest of our class.
Raider X

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he did look good in that time period at least. Might be another Chaz Schilling on our hands or Dmac
91jmay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or could just be a guy who has a few injuries early on that never reoccur. Looked good against Seattle. Getting him and JV back gives me some hope for the O-Line because I think Khalif will do will at OG, and Wiz is solid at C despite the silly hate he gets.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Am I doing it right?

lol almost.

Turns out our biggest injury risk (Hayden) is getting more playing time than the rest of our class.

Ya you forgot to mention Hue Jackson.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad for the guy. He's basically gotta call this year a wash since he missed most of camp. Hopefully he can get some playing time when he returns, but I'd rather not rush him back too soon.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Or could just be a guy who has a few injuries early on that never reoccur. Looked good against Seattle. Getting him and JV back gives me some hope for the O-Line because I think Khalif will do will at OG, and Wiz is solid at C despite the silly hate he gets.

Silly hate? I think most give him a pass here. I'm one of the few who find him to be overrated. Serviceable, sure but far from being an anchor inside. He gets pushed around w/ the rest of that interior Oline pretty frequently.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Silly hate? I think most give him a pass here. I'm one of the few who find him to be overrated. Serviceable, sure but far from being an anchor inside. He gets pushed around w/ the rest of that interior Oline pretty frequently.

No he doesn't, he does his job. He isn't elite or a standout but he is a solid C. You brought it up and near enough everyone agrees with you, most piled on him.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this is the same injury that kept him out of training camp or is it a new one?
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
91jmay wrote:

No he doesn't, he does his job. He isn't elite or a standout but he is a solid C. You brought it up and near enough everyone agrees with you, most piled on him.

Since we're talking about the Wiz why not Gurode (spelling) at center and move Wiz to guard. Isn't it his natural position (Wiz)? I heard Gurode held his own when he played center for us. And aren't we having issues at guard?
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
91jmay wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Since we're talking about the Wiz why not Gurode (spelling) at center and move Wiz to guard. Isn't it his natural position (Wiz)? I heard Gurode held his own when he played center for us. And aren't we having issues at guard?

C is his natural position and he won't be moving to G anytime soon.

But let's talk about moving Houston to DT Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Houston have a good showing at DE with a sack and some hurries? Who do we replace him with?
Do we gain a benefit by replacing the DT? I anticipated a good performance at DT against the Colts. I just read an article that said our inside push got better as the game progressed.

Last edited by S&B Bleeder on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: