Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Washington Redskins vs. Green Bay Packers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3irty1 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
3irty1 wrote:
Your OL looks good, Shanahan's zone magic ensures an endless supply of good running backs, Garcon can apparently get open at will, and that Reed fellow looks like a major find. The offense only needs RGIII to be the well oiled machine it was last year.

Physically he looks 100% but mentally overcoming the trust issues with that knee and fear of reinjury is very difficult. My guess is that I look for him to bounce back on Oct 13 against Dallas. Eventually RGIII's love of winning will smother his fear of being reinjured and what better fuel than the Cowboys?

RGIII's head is the key to both your offense and defense... I'll explain why I think this.

Secretly the best defense in this league is an elite offense. The Redskins are built to win shootouts. Look at the secondary players and what they have in common: Hall, Rambo, Amerson, and Thomas are all top drawer ball hawks and not particularly special in any other way. Combine that with two pro-bowl edge rushers, and a QB who doesn't turn the ball over and you've got a team that will dominate turnover differential when things are going well.

Now bear with me for some philosophy, Its a well-known underdog strategy to play ball control on offense to keep the ball out of the hands of the opposing QB. It shortens the game and gives the better team less chances to be better. If you have a QB that can be elite like Rodgers or RGIII, you probably would like to do the opposite of this and score quickly. On defense you can do the same... an underdog strategy would be a bend but don't break smothering type defense. Like a Tampa-2 defense or anything that is schematically very unaggressive. This type of defense makes offensive drives take a long time again shortening the game and allowing less chances for the better team to be better and thus increasing the odds of an upset. I'm suggesting that perhaps your defense wants to be the opposite of this.

Your team looks like they are trying to build the 2011 Packers that went 15-1. History will remember that defense as terrible... but they had like 30 ints and they did it with half the pass-rushing potential of your Redskins. With the gun-slingers in your division, I can think of worse ways to design a team.

So there you have it. I think RGIII can fix your defense.

Everyone paying attention??

Because she just nailed it ^^^^^

Wink

It looks like both of us ladies agree! Cool

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3irty1 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
3irty1 wrote:
Your OL looks good, Shanahan's zone magic ensures an endless supply of good running backs, Garcon can apparently get open at will, and that Reed fellow looks like a major find. The offense only needs RGIII to be the well oiled machine it was last year.

Physically he looks 100% but mentally overcoming the trust issues with that knee and fear of reinjury is very difficult. My guess is that I look for him to bounce back on Oct 13 against Dallas. Eventually RGIII's love of winning will smother his fear of being reinjured and what better fuel than the Cowboys?

RGIII's head is the key to both your offense and defense... I'll explain why I think this.

Secretly the best defense in this league is an elite offense. The Redskins are built to win shootouts. Look at the secondary players and what they have in common: Hall, Rambo, Amerson, and Thomas are all top drawer ball hawks and not particularly special in any other way. Combine that with two pro-bowl edge rushers, and a QB who doesn't turn the ball over and you've got a team that will dominate turnover differential when things are going well.

Now bear with me for some philosophy, Its a well-known underdog strategy to play ball control on offense to keep the ball out of the hands of the opposing QB. It shortens the game and gives the better team less chances to be better. If you have a QB that can be elite like Rodgers or RGIII, you probably would like to do the opposite of this and score quickly. On defense you can do the same... an underdog strategy would be a bend but don't break smothering type defense. Like a Tampa-2 defense or anything that is schematically very unaggressive. This type of defense makes offensive drives take a long time again shortening the game and allowing less chances for the better team to be better and thus increasing the odds of an upset. I'm suggesting that perhaps your defense wants to be the opposite of this.

Your team looks like they are trying to build the 2011 Packers that went 15-1. History will remember that defense as terrible... but they had like 30 ints and they did it with half the pass-rushing potential of your Redskins. With the gun-slingers in your division, I can think of worse ways to design a team.

Everyone paying attention??

Because she just nailed it ^^^^^

Wink

Oh my...how sexist of me. My apologies... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, we don't even have any female Redskins fans (that I know of) on this forum. Razz It's pretty bad when non-Redskin fans have better formulas of winning than most of us. I could never be a coach in the NFL (or any other league, for that matter). This just proves it! Laughing
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 52 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 9 catches, 46 yards... and a fumble
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3irty1 wrote:

Unless RGIII can figure out a way to get Jim Haslett fired, this defense isn't getting fixed....
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
3irty1 wrote:

Unless RGIII can figure out a way to get Jim Haslett fired, this defense isn't getting fixed....
he fixed it last year, he can do it again. The final 7 weeks of last year the D was 9th in scoring D and jumped to 19th vs the pass.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points packer fans and thanks. I agree with that you're saying as well.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: