Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Washington Redskins vs. Green Bay Packers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
It's not Griffs fault that this defense is on a record pace for yards given up yet again. Haslett has been an unmitigated disaster but I'm an idiot for wanting him gone for the past three seasons lol
So it's Hasslets fault that Carriker can't get healthy, it's Hasslett's fault that the Jackson's and Jarvis Jenkins are suspended, it's Hasslet's fault that Phillip Thomas broke his foot, it's Hasslett's fault that Keenan Robinson tore his pec, it's Hasslet's fault that Cofield broke his hand, it's Hasslett's fault that Merriweather always aims for heads when tackling and knocked Lacy and himself out of the game within 10 plays of each other and it's Hasslet's fault that they are starting a rookie FS?

With the suspensions, injuries and the rookie FS I don't think we can just put this all on the coach.

Does he need to do better?

Hell yes!

Does the entire team have to do better?

Hell yes!

If firing Hasslett the third week of the season going to make our defense better?

Hell NO!

Well, when I know what our defense is gonna do before the play is started and I can call that they're gonna give up a touchdown, you know the offense knows what's happening.

Haz has been the most predictable defensive coordinator I've seen in quite a while. Now, I don't think its all the D's fault as I think they've played well at times due to just having a good front 7 but he's doing them a disservice when it comes to preparation and adjustments.
Actually I think we adjust pretty well. Its the opening gameplans that have been poor IMO.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many wanna blame the D but I'm gonna put more of the blame on the offense for not converting eru in the game when WE had the momentum. Kerrigan had 2 early sacks and the D kept them out of the endzone. The season isn't over yet but if we really wanna be respected we have to get something fix now. Our tackling is terrible, we are playing too far off of the WR, and the offense is getting in sink too late in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Many wanna blame the D but I'm gonna put more of the blame on the offense for not converting eru in the game when WE had the momentum. Kerrigan had 2 early sacks and the D kept them out of the endzone. The season isn't over yet but if we really wanna be respected we have to get something fix now. Our tackling is terrible, we are playing too far off of the WR, and the offense is getting in sink too late in the game.
Dont forget about Orakpo's sack, and on Kerrigan's second sack, Orakpo and Bowen pushed the left side of the offensive line straight back into Rodgers' face, and when Rodgers tried to escape he drifted to his right- right into Kerrigan's arms. The second Kerrigan sack had as much to do with Orakpo and Bowen as it did with Kerrigan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Waiting on SNF football to get out of the lightning delay and saw this:

Quote:
WAS: Outscored 50-7 in the first half of their two games this season.

And it's worse than that since the 7 was a fumble recovery for a touchdown.

And right now, Dan Patrick, Tony Dungy, and Rodney Harrison are talking about benching RG3 if the Redskins go 0-3.

I'm not sure if I disagree.

Hate to say I'm with you. He looks pathetic out there. Not just floating passes and off-target, but his decision making is decrepid. And staring down receivers before forcing passes like never before.

I his Defense, the play-calling has not been good, and the stupid bunch plays haven't fooled anyone. The whole team has looked like they are on lunch break. But the QB should be getting them fired up, and it's as if they have no faith in him now
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Dont forget about Orakpo's sack, and on Kerrigan's second sack, Orakpo and Bowen pushed the left side of the offensive line straight back into Rodgers' face, and when Rodgers tried to escape he drifted to his right- right into Kerrigan's arms. The second Kerrigan sack had as much to do with Orakpo and Bowen as it did with Kerrigan.

Same with Orakpo's sack where Rodgers was pushed into him. But don't discredit either sack because the players made the effort to bust back behind the line, so the credit is worthy.
MosEisley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Whaaa Happen? Couldnt post yesterday. Reply with quote

Well special teams shinning...............offense looks rust free and looks like we lost Meriweather...........again. other than that.............and sorry, I've never been accused of being an optimist . If, we can manage to be 2-2 at the bye I might dilute myself into believing, IWTB.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Washington cursed or something? I just find it hard to believe that these guys put soo much time and effort into becoming Pro's that this is the true outcome of that time and dedication. I'm completely shocked with the Skins started out 0-2, but even more shocked at the performance I'm seeing on the field. Their just not excecuting and its mind blowing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:

Same with Orakpo's sack where Rodgers was pushed into him. But don't discredit either sack because the players made the effort to bust back behind the line, so the credit is worthy.
True, and I'm not discrediting Kerrigan, he's my favorite player right now and I wish I hadn't backed off from my stance back in 2010/2011 when I said I think he'd make a good 3-4 OLB- he reminded me of Kevin Green- but I did quit talking about him after being land lasted for originally having that opinion.

All I'm trying to do is defend Rak a little because most people poop on him like he's some average or below average player and he's clearly good.

Kerrigan has definitely been better this year though, but I don't think there's any doubt that Rak will continue to improve throughout the season.

Some seem to forget that Rak's coming off two major surgeries to his pec and missed 15 games last year.

Just like RG3, Rak has to work off some of the rust also.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Woz wrote:

Quote:

And right now, Dan Patrick, Tony Dungy, and Rodney Harrison are talking about benching RG3 if the Redskins go 0-3.

Hate to say I'm with you. He looks pathetic out there. Not just floating passes and off-target, but his decision making is decrepid. And staring down receivers before forcing passes like never before.

I his Defense, the play-calling has not been good, and the stupid bunch plays haven't fooled anyone. The whole team has looked like they are on lunch break. But the QB should be getting them fired up, and it's as if they have no faith in him now
There is no way they should consider making a move to Cousins...

Not that you're suggesting that, but I've heard many Redskins fans calling for Kirk and we can't do that now. We've already made the decision to go with RG3. Rg3 is just working the rust off and getting back on the same page with the wideouts.

I think we could make it a lot easier on him though in several ways.

1. Run Morris and Helu way more than we have, I don't care if we open up the game down 10-14 points, we need to stick with the run more. If they're going to have RG3 be a pocket passer, then they need to set up the play action pass with the running game.

I realize Kyle doesn't like to do it that way- evidence of that was 2010 and 2011, but we must!

They seriously need to throw the first 10 play script of whatever it is from the first two games in the trash and never look at it again!

2. I still haven't seen enough WR, RB and even TE screens for my liking. Those are good for early in the game to get the passing game and Rg3 on rhythm and get the ball into our playmakers fast.

We have the playmakers, we just need to get them the ball.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Is Washington cursed or something? I just find it hard to believe that these guys put soo much time and effort into becoming Pro's that this is the true outcome of that time and dedication. I'm completely shocked with the Skins started out 0-2, but even more shocked at the performance I'm seeing on the field. Their just not excecuting and its mind blowing.
I don't really understand why you're shocked?

1. RG3 hasn't really practiced much all offseason and he never played in any preseason games(a choice I agree with by the way)

2. We have not stuck with the run game at all, which is what got us to the playoffs last year. If Morris and Helu get more touches, I guarantee we'd sustain more drives

3. Orakpo is also coming off two major surgeries to his Pec and he only played in a game and 1/2 last season

4. As much as we all love Fletcher, he's never been great against the pass and he's starting to show his age now- unfortunately. Sad

5. We are missing our two top LDE's and Meriweather has either been injured or hasn't figured out how to actually tackle w/o targeting someone's head.

6. Our starting FS is a 6th round rookie, our nickel Cb is a rookie also and our starting cbs are the same ones from last year when we were 30th in the league against the pass.

Also, no one had us beating Green Bay at Lambeau. It was a little but shocking we lost to the Eagles, but when you consider it was the first ever time we faced Chip Kelly, maybe it shouldn't have been so shocking.

At best everyone has us at 1-1 right now, At best!

we're one game off pace and our division has been losing also, we're only one game back in the division.
3irty1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your OL looks good, Shanahan's zone magic ensures an endless supply of good running backs, Garcon can apparently get open at will, and that Reed fellow looks like a major find. The offense only needs RGIII to be the well oiled machine it was last year.

Physically he looks 100% but mentally overcoming the trust issues with that knee and fear of reinjury is very difficult. My guess is that I look for him to bounce back on Oct 13 against Dallas. Eventually RGIII's love of winning will smother his fear of being reinjured and what better fuel than the Cowboys?

RGIII's head is the key to both your offense and defense... I'll explain why I think this.

Secretly the best defense in this league is an elite offense. The Redskins are built to win shootouts. Look at the secondary players and what they have in common: Hall, Rambo, Amerson, and Thomas are all top drawer ball hawks and not particularly special in any other way. Combine that with two pro-bowl edge rushers, and a QB who doesn't turn the ball over and you've got a team that will dominate turnover differential when things are going well.

Now bear with me for some philosophy, Its a well-known underdog strategy to play ball control on offense to keep the ball out of the hands of the opposing QB. It shortens the game and gives the better team less chances to be better. If you have a QB that can be elite like Rodgers or RGIII, you probably would like to do the opposite of this and score quickly. On defense you can do the same... an underdog strategy would be a bend but don't break smothering type defense. Like a Tampa-2 defense or anything that is schematically very unaggressive. This type of defense makes offensive drives take a long time again shortening the game and allowing less chances for the better team to be better and thus increasing the odds of an upset. I'm suggesting that perhaps your defense wants to be the opposite of this.

Your team looks like they are trying to build the 2011 Packers that went 15-1. History will remember that defense as terrible... but they had like 30 ints and they did it with half the pass-rushing potential of your Redskins. With the gun-slingers in your division, I can think of worse ways to design a team.

So there you have it. I think RGIII can fix your defense.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3irty1 wrote:
Your OL looks good, Shanahan's zone magic ensures an endless supply of good running backs, Garcon can apparently get open at will, and that Reed fellow looks like a major find. The offense only needs RGIII to be the well oiled machine it was last year.

Physically he looks 100% but mentally overcoming the trust issues with that knee and fear of reinjury is very difficult. My guess is that I look for him to bounce back on Oct 13 against Dallas. Eventually RGIII's love of winning will smother his fear of being reinjured and what better fuel than the Cowboys?

RGIII's head is the key to both your offense and defense... I'll explain why I think this.

Secretly the best defense in this league is an elite offense. The Redskins are built to win shootouts. Look at the secondary players and what they have in common: Hall, Rambo, Amerson, and Thomas are all top drawer ball hawks and not particularly special in any other way. Combine that with two pro-bowl edge rushers, and a QB who doesn't turn the ball over and you've got a team that will dominate turnover differential when things are going well.

Now bear with me for some philosophy, Its a well-known underdog strategy to play ball control on offense to keep the ball out of the hands of the opposing QB. It shortens the game and gives the better team less chances to be better. If you have a QB that can be elite like Rodgers or RGIII, you probably would like to do the opposite of this and score quickly. On defense you can do the same... an underdog strategy would be a bend but don't break smothering type defense. Like a Tampa-2 defense or anything that is schematically very unaggressive. This type of defense makes offensive drives take a long time again shortening the game and allowing less chances for the better team to be better and thus increasing the odds of an upset. I'm suggesting that perhaps your defense wants to be the opposite of this.

Your team looks like they are trying to build the 2011 Packers that went 15-1. History will remember that defense as terrible... but they had like 30 ints and they did it with half the pass-rushing potential of your Redskins. With the gun-slingers in your division, I can think of worse ways to design a team.

Everyone paying attention??

Because he just nailed it ^^^^^

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
Woz wrote:

Quote:

There is no way they should consider making a move to Cousins...

Not that you're suggesting that, but I've heard many Redskins fans calling for Kirk and we can't do that now. We've already made the decision to go with RG3. Rg3 is just working the rust off and getting back on the same page with the wideouts.

I think we could make it a lot easier on him though in several ways.

1. Run Morris and Helu way more than we have, I don't care if we open up the game down 10-14 points, we need to stick with the run more. If they're going to have RG3 be a pocket passer, then they need to set up the play action pass with the running game.

I realize Kyle doesn't like to do it that way- evidence of that was 2010 and 2011, but we must!

They seriously need to throw the first 10 play script of whatever it is from the first two games in the trash and never look at it again!

2. I still haven't seen enough WR, RB and even TE screens for my liking. Those are good for early in the game to get the passing game and Rg3 on rhythm and get the ball into our playmakers fast.

We have the playmakers, we just need to get them the ball.

I agree you can't bench him now. That ship has sailed when he started game 1. I disagree with him shaking the rust off. I've heard that a lot the last week or so and that's not what I see. I see Kyle trying to change the way he plays with out an offseason to work on it. He wants him to stay in the pocket and make reads. When you look at it the skins don't have the line or qb to do that right now. The line likes to be on the move and moving the pocket. The qb when he throws footwork and mechanics is off. He also doesn't go through his progressions very well either.

The question is, is this better for the future of the team to stick with this and make him a better pocket passer. I say yes with how much is invested in him. There going to be some serious growing pains but the dividends once he gets it down will be outstanding. People forget with all the hype and all the talk that he is still a 2nd year qb with no real offseason. I also think rg3 had to be humbled by this league a little bit to. Thinking you can do a lot of talking and play with professionals without any practice was a mistake.
3irty1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
3irty1 wrote:

Because she just nailed it ^^^^^

Wink
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
3irty1 wrote:

Because he just nailed it ^^^^^

Yes, when RG3 returns to his 2012 form a lot of your issues will disappear. Had he been running wild like he did for you guys last year this game is a hell of lot different. Rodgers is wonderful but if he is not playing well we don't look so hot either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: