Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Washington Redskins vs. Green Bay Packers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly if the secondary is going to suck so much I'd rather just activate Minnifield and bench Hall. He can't be any worse and he'll hopefuly progress.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 20 tackles, 1 FF, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 14 catches, 150 rec yards
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people constantly blaming Hall for this is pretty funny. We were ending up with LBers on Cobb and Ammerson on Nelson (though I can see why that may have been schemed), that's coaching issues. Even when it was player fault, Hall was not the biggest fault on our team. Confused
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
I think people constantly blaming Hall for this is pretty funny. We were ending up with LBers on Cobb and Ammerson on Nelson (though I can see why that may have been schemed), that's coaching issues. Even when it was player fault, Hall was not the biggest fault on our team. Confused
I've actually been a huge supporter of Hall. Over the past few years I've felt people have criticized him more than he deserved. However, so far this season he hasn't played very well (granted neither has anyone else). The play near the goal line where he played Nelson 8 yards off the LOS and was beat inside on a slant route was horrible positioning. Hall has never played with discipline or superior technique he's always relied on his superior athletic skills. As he ages his play will nosedive.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 20 tackles, 1 FF, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 14 catches, 150 rec yards
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
I've actually been a huge supporter of Hall. Over the past few years I've felt people have criticized him more than he deserved. However, so far this season he hasn't played very well (granted neither has anyone else). The play near the goal line where he played Nelson 8 yards off the LOS and was beat inside on a slant route was horrible positioning. Hall has never played with discipline or superior technique he's always relied on his superior athletic skills. As he ages his play will nosedive.

And as we've seen for years, the DB's playing far off the LOS is a coaching decision.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting on SNF football to get out of the lightning delay and saw this:

Quote:
WAS: Outscored 50-7 in the first half of their two games this season.

And it's worse than that since the 7 was a fumble recovery for a touchdown.

And right now, Dan Patrick, Tony Dungy, and Rodney Harrison are talking about benching RG3 if the Redskins go 0-3.

I'm not sure if I disagree.

lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not Griffs fault that this defense is on a record pace for yards given up yet again. Haslett has been an unmitigated disaster but I'm an idiot for wanting him gone for the past three seasons lol
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Waiting on SNF football to get out of the lightning delay and saw this:

Quote:
WAS: Outscored 50-7 in the first half of their two games this season.

And it's worse than that since the 7 was a fumble recovery for a touchdown.

And right now, Dan Patrick, Tony Dungy, and Rodney Harrison are talking about benching RG3 if the Redskins go 0-3.

I'm not sure if I disagree.

I disagree merely because he's healthy, the issue is mental or coaching at this point. He's not gonna work that out riding on the bench and he is our future.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hate to suggest this, but with Meriweather being out (either due to his concussion or his suspension, or both), does this open a window for Tanard Jackson?
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Honestly if the secondary is going to suck so much I'd rather just activate Minnifield and bench Hall. He can't be any worse and he'll hopefuly progress.
there's someone who's speaking my language! Cool

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
I also hate to suggest this, but with Meriweather being out (either due to his concussion or his suspension, or both), does this open a window for Tanard Jackson?
Not if he's not reinstated, to my knowledge his case hasn't even been responded to yet

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

And as we've seen for years, the DB's playing far off the LOS is a coaching decision.
It's not always a coaching decision. Hall is a freelancer. He does a lot of things on his own. It's hard to say

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
It's not Griffs fault that this defense is on a record pace for yards given up yet again. Haslett has been an unmitigated disaster but I'm an idiot for wanting him gone for the past three seasons lol
So it's Hasslets fault that Carriker can't get healthy, it's Hasslett's fault that the Jackson's and Jarvis Jenkins are suspended, it's Hasslet's fault that Phillip Thomas broke his foot, it's Hasslett's fault that Keenan Robinson tore his pec, it's Hasslet's fault that Cofield broke his hand, it's Hasslett's fault that Merriweather always aims for heads when tackling and knocked Lacy and himself out of the game within 10 plays of each other and it's Hasslet's fault that they are starting a rookie FS?

With the suspensions, injuries and the rookie FS I don't think we can just put this all on the coach.

Does he need to do better?

Hell yes!

Does the entire team have to do better?

Hell yes!

If firing Hasslett the third week of the season going to make our defense better?

Hell NO!

Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

It's not always a coaching decision. Hall is a freelancer. He does a lot of things on his own. It's hard to say

...except we've seen very single DB do that in their time here. You're just trying to blame Hall to blame him, when this is something that is a known thing with our defense.
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
So it's Hasslets fault that Carriker can't get healthy, it's Hasslett's fault that the Jackson's and Jarvis Jenkins are suspended, it's Hasslet's fault that Phillip Thomas broke his foot, it's Hasslett's fault that Keenan Robinson tore his pec, it's Hasslet's fault that Cofield broke his hand, it's Hasslett's fault that Merriweather always aims for heads when tackling and knocked Lacy and himself out of the game within 10 plays of each other and it's Hasslet's fault that they are starting a rookie FS?

With the suspensions, injuries and the rookie FS I don't think we can just put this all on the coach.

Hell yes!

Hell yes!

If firing Hasslett the third week of the season going to make our defense better?

Hell NO!

Well, when I know what our defense is gonna do before the play is started and I can call that they're gonna give up a touchdown, you know the offense knows what's happening.

Haz has been the most predictable defensive coordinator I've seen in quite a while. Now, I don't think its all the D's fault as I think they've played well at times due to just having a good front 7 but he's doing them a disservice when it comes to preparation and adjustments.
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Hell yes!

Hell yes!

Hell NO!

The same stupid crap you said last season. Lmao when Haz is eventually replaced and the D suddenly improves I don't want to hear a peep out of you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: