Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2: Washington Redskins vs. Green Bay Packers
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Week 2: Washington Redskins vs. Green Bay Packers Reply with quote

Where: Lambeau Field

So the Eagles game didn't quite go as we probably had planned. Griffin looked rusty and his timing had issues. What's worse is that we now have Green Bay to worry about.

This game is going to come down to ball control and being patient. Our defense has to play with a lot more confidence and play with better instincts.

Offensively, we have to commit to the run and eliminate Clay Matthews from pinning his ears back on Tyler Polumbus. Montgomery needs to do a better job of setting up blocking assignments at the line. The pocket collapsed around Griffin quickly in the Eagles game.

I don't have good feeling about this one.

Redskins 20
Packers 27

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I think we need to run more also and stick to it as you said mike. We have to run more than just 2 read option plays. It's clear that Rg3 is being smarter about running because on his runs he got down and got out of bounds. So I trust him to make smart decisions about running the ball.

2. Also, RG3 has to be more accurate. If we can get the ball to Garçon, Morgan, Moss and Robinson in space and have blocking set up for them, we can have some huge plays against the GB secondary but RG3 has to be accurate with his passes.

3. I think the game plan was poor vs the Eagles. I thought we'd see a game plan like we saw in week 1 last year versus the Saints where rg3 threw a lot of bubble screens and other screens to wrs, RBs and TEs. I think they should have done more screens early on to spread out the defense and to get RG3 comfortable and settled down... They didn't though and I think that was a mistake.

4. Obviously the biggest key to game is turnovers. We can NOT have 4 turnovers and expect to win.

5. Our special teams must be better and smarter. I miss Danny smith...

If Chris Thompson is going to return again, he can't field punts inside the 10 And should not bring our kick offs.

I don't expect Kai to miss another 40 yd kick, I don't expect Rocca to shank punts- so I think well be fine there

6. Hopefully, we tackle better and I think we will because let's be honest- Michael Vick, DeSean Jackson and LeSean McCoy are three of the hardest players to tackle in the NFL. Our tackling should improve because we aren't playing those 3 and Brandon Meriweather will be back.

7. Lastly, the defense must blitz Rodgers. I hope they use Perry Riley as a blitzer a lot like they did in the second half of the Philly game.

Packers 34
Redskins 30

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to force GB into mistakes and play mistake free football. if not we lose

GB -34
WAS - 24
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rg3 started looking more like himself in the second half on Monday night. I see him progressing even further against the packers which will allow us to run the ball . With Meriweather back I see our secondary having more success against the pass. I'll be close but ill take the Pack 34, Skins 31

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw it, I'm going to go against conventional wisdom. The Redskins pull this one out with a tough running game from Morris and Helu. RGIII plays very well and the rust that he showed in game one is all but gone. The packers move the ball well but we do just enough to eek it out.

Redskins 27
Packers 24
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
We need to force GB into mistakes and play mistake free football. if not we lose

GB -34
WAS - 24
yep. Pressure is the key IMO. We need to do zone blitzes, A gap blitzes and corner blitzes vs Rodgers and that suspect OL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Seneca Wallace gets lots of playing time this week. This is going to be a high-scoring shootout assuming Wallace doesn't. Laughing I'll say Green Bay pulls a rabbit out of their hat and win on a last second field goal, 41-38.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the GB board, those guys think anything less than a blow out will be disappointing....I mean everyone.....
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the GB board, those guys think anything less than a blow out will be disappointing....I mean everyone.....
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:

Not me. As long as our safeties play like they did last week no game is a gimme. Here's to a good game and NO INJURIES! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:

GB -34
WAS - 24
yep. Pressure is the key IMO. We need to do zone blitzes, A gap blitzes and corner blitzes vs Rodgers and that suspect OL

Quote:
Rodgers has been the best quarterback vs. the blitz since 2009, with a league-high 114.7 passer rating. He's also first in yards per attempt (9.96) and third in touchdown passes (33) in that time.

Best way to disrupt Rodgers is with base pressure + beating up the WR's at the line. When teams bring extra guys he hits downfield a lot more. What was bizarre about the 49ers game was that the young tackles held up well vs the edge rushers from SF but the interior line looked like crap, especially last year it was the reverse problem. I think Sitton is still dealing with a back injury as well so not sure what kind of football he's going to put on the field.

Quote:

It's the home opener for us. Over the past two seasons the Packers are 15-1 at home. GB also rearranged how the line is playing, moved Ryan Pickett back to 1 tech instead of Raji and brought Johnny Jolly back into the base rotation. Last time the lineup was arranged like that was 2009, when GB had the best run defense in the NFL. I think the defensive gameplan Capers is gonna roll with with be centered around shutting down the run. Last week GB had some atrocious safety play (and Morgan Burnett, our best safety was out) and poor play from Sam Shields that led to a bunch of communication errors and left a lot open in the middle of the field. Gotta hope some of that gets rectified with Burnett returning.

I think some of the blowout talk is just an expectation Packers fans have of the offense; last week the passing offense rolled (Rodgers INT was Finley dropping the ball into the DB's hands), and that was against the 49ers defense, which seems likely to cause more issue for our passing game than Jim Haslett's unit.

I'm excited. Also have Alfred Morris going in fantasy which puts me in a problematic position.

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:

And all Redskins fans thought we would blow Philly out as well...don't worry about what fans think.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink good points. Maybe we should blitz all the time but I can't image we won't do some.

I think our from 4/5 should be able to get pressure on Rodgers by themselves.

1. Orakpo vs. Bakhtiari is a big advantage for us. Rak even played pretty well vs Peters, he just couldn't get Vick on the ground

2. Bowen vs. Stinton is an advantage for us

3. Cofield vs Dietrich-Smith is an advantage for us

4. Golston/baker vs Lang is a wash

5. Kerrigan vs Barclay is probably the biggest mismatch
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Screw it, I'm going to go against conventional wisdom. The Redskins pull this one out with a tough running game from Morris and Helu. RGIII plays very well and the rust that he showed in game one is all but gone. The packers move the ball well but we do just enough to eek it out.

Redskins 27
Packers 24

Finally someone else with some sence of confidence ( no disrespect intended) We have a shot of this game because we can apply pass rush. Packers Oline is not on the side of good to great Olines in the league. Kerrigan and Orakpo will have opportunities to disrupt " The Bad Man Aron Rodgers" they just have to convert on those opportunities. Griffin seemed to regained his rhythm and timing on passes threw the game and if that continues this week, the Redskins offense of last year will show. This matchup has the pontential to really favor the Skins more with us having the better Ol and run game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Offensively, we have to commit to the run and eliminate Clay Matthews from pinning his ears back on Tyler Polumbus.
Clay plays the run well too. May slow him down a bit though.

Willink wrote:
It's the home opener for us. Over the past two seasons the Packers are 15-1 at home.
Do not like that stat. I remember what happened the last time we were 15-1. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: