Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harrison, Bruschi, McGinest, Kraft among 2014 HOF nominees
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nihc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Nihc wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
There are only 7 full time safeties in the HOF (ie not guys who played CB parts of their career). None inducted since 1988 and I don't think one had been a finalist in 10-15 years. Harrison also had guys like Dawkins, Atwater, Lynch and (soon) Reed to compete with.

Barring some unforeseen change in HOF voting habits, he has little chance of making it.

Reed will get in but the other guys probably won't.

What about Polamalu? Do you think he gets in?

No doubt he gets in.

I'm not so sure. He doesn't deserve to get in if Lynch and Atwater don't. I'd also put Dawkins above him in terms of overall body of work though Polamalu has rings and a few elite seasons.

If he stays healthy and productive (and IMO he hasn't been near a HOF level of play recently) and wins another Super Bowl he will definitely get in. If his career ended today, I'd say no.

He's a better safety than a number of the WR's (and others) in the HOF but safety is such a hard position to get in from and it's hard to justify him over the already retired guys.

Troy also has the DPOY. I didn't get to watch too much of Lynch, but I'm not sure public opinion of him was as high as it was for Troy in his prime. Lynch still has a very real shot at getting in eventually. Harrison's numbers are just as good as Troy & Lynch's. All three are probably going to get in at one point or another. With the passing game opening up I think more safeties are going to get in.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kraft has a chance even this year. There are no Patriots without him. The lockout lasts a lot longer DESPITE his wife's recent death without him.

The only thing that gives Rodney a chance down the road is his 30/30 club and leading all DB's in career sacks. It really comes down to who he is up against.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Kraft has a chance even this year. There are no Patriots without him. The lockout lasts a lot longer DESPITE his wife's recent death without him.

The only thing that gives Rodney a chance down the road is his 30/30 club and leading all DB's in career sacks. It really comes down to who he is up against.

That to me should be enough but I am not a voter and you guys bring up a lot of good points on the difference between a Patriot fan thinking a Patriot is a HOFer or a realist looking at the Patriot player chances...slim to nizzle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Tedy Bruschi [who might have been my favorite one] was already removed by youtube but for what it's worth here's the Rodney Harrison and Willie McGinest videos if anyone wants to check them.

Rodney Harrison

Willie McGinest
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Nihc wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
There are only 7 full time safeties in the HOF (ie not guys who played CB parts of their career). None inducted since 1988 and I don't think one had been a finalist in 10-15 years. Harrison also had guys like Dawkins, Atwater, Lynch and (soon) Reed to compete with.

Barring some unforeseen change in HOF voting habits, he has little chance of making it.

Reed will get in but the other guys probably won't.

What about Polamalu? Do you think he gets in?

No doubt he gets in.

I'm not so sure. He doesn't deserve to get in if Lynch and Atwater don't. I'd also put Dawkins above him in terms of overall body of work though Polamalu has rings and a few elite seasons.

If he stays healthy and productive (and IMO he hasn't been near a HOF level of play recently) and wins another Super Bowl he will definitely get in. If his career ended today, I'd say no.

He's a better safety than a number of the WR's (and others) in the HOF but safety is such a hard position to get in from and it's hard to justify him over the already retired guys.

Troy also has the DPOY. I didn't get to watch too much of Lynch, but I'm not sure public opinion of him was as high as it was for Troy in his prime. Lynch still has a very real shot at getting in eventually. Harrison's numbers are just as good as Troy & Lynch's. All three are probably going to get in at one point or another. With the passing game opening up I think more safeties are going to get in.

The expansion of the passing game should make it harder for guys to get in, not easier. It devalues their stats and increases the number of quality statistical performers.

Harrison had very few years when he was a top 2 safety in the league and many when he wasn't a top 3 or 4. Very good player, not a HOF I don't think. Only a 2 time Pro Bowl player (which voters do consider much more than they should) and never dominant. If he weren't a key player on the Super Bowl Pats, nobody would think he should get in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Kraft gets in. I would love for Rodney to get in but he just won't, being known as a dirty player isn't going to help either.
patsfan06

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if they showed it on TV, but the "TEDY, TEDY, TEDY" chants reverberating through the stadium at halftime last night were spine tingling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: