Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suh waives pellet gun?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35339
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
I don't read about the other players on the team constantly, do you?

I have managed to confront the meter reader on my property several times without ever getting the police called on me or putting my family in danger.

I guess some guys have it and some guys don't Laughing
j/k
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Rockcity


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 1313
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
This isn't a story. Every MAN would do the samething. Lucky bc if me it sure wouldn't be no bb gun. This turns my guts that aLion fan would even post this and try to break it down like he's in the wrong.. bc of ones own beliefs. Things happen in life where you have to make tough decisions. .family>>>>>>>>>>>> than fb.

What you gonna do hide...wait for him to come in and break everyone off or be a man and protect yours.


Everyone in this thread is posting based on their beliefs, including you.

Suh has a habit of excersizing poor judgement and it makes it easy for people to attempt to take advantage of him.

What turns my gut is the ease with which you, and others accept threatened violence as a solution to a minor problem.

This should have been a non event. A guy atop a pole isn't a threat to anyone. Suh had plenty of opportunity to call police which, if feeling threatened would be an appropriate response. Suh is quoted as saying he was fearful for his and his family's safety which is a stretch.

If he was truly worried for his safety why in the world would he leave his family alone in the house to confront this guy with a pellet gun? Suh couldn't have been afraid of a physical challenge from the guy so he must have been concerned the man had a gun. What a stupid decision to confront an individual you're frightened of with a pellet gun. Rolling Eyes

Suh, outside of football is creating a laundry list of poor decisions.
no one said suh was smart. Idk how you think a guy climbing a pole at night is a casual thing were you come from but I'd go check it out. We do have the right to bare arms. I'm not sure what you are saying about threatened violence. We are talking sbout suh on his own property..he wasn't just running anywhere waving a bb gun.ya that's real violence there... there are several different ways to confront the situation and y ours it no better. Some people behave aggresive towards cetain situation that others don't so now that wrong? This is a non issue imo. And its the people like you that make it bigger than it really needs to be bc of your beliefs.. let suh do what he sees fit and you do you. I happen to be the same type guy aggresive. I'd walk straight out there and find out what the hell is going ong. You would rather sit in your lazyboy and bother the police for every little thing.


No actually I wouldn't have called the police because I wouldn't have felt threatened by a guy sitting on top of a pole. I would've simply asked him what he was doing. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to be carrying a gun with me. That's nothing more than being a coward. Frightened people with guns is an issue.

It seems the world is full of frightened people and that's an issue unto itself.

Stop and think about it for just a minute. Suh took the pellet gun with him to suggest to the cable guy he was armed. That's a threat of violence.

Stop with the belief B.S. your opinion is based on your beliefs so how am I being different then you?

This is an issue because once again Suh manages to get his name in the paper. He needs to think about his actions rather than reacting and keep a lower profile. He can't seem to keep himself out of situations can he.

I don't read about the other players on the team constantly, do you?
its ez to say what you'd do. Your not famous and don't have millions of dollars. So you might not feel the worry. The belief part is carrying a gun..you don't want to fine. They are legal.. and we are talking about as flippn bb gun. Suh is a magnet for the media..you apparently haven't caught on yet.. you never know what's fans will do. I seen some messed up stuff and so have you. If you were a famous person in the most popular game you'd probably keep a gun in your home too. Desparate people in this world. Im still trying to figure out how thid gets any attention
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35339
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
This isn't a story. Every MAN would do the samething. Lucky bc if me it sure wouldn't be no bb gun. This turns my guts that aLion fan would even post this and try to break it down like he's in the wrong.. bc of ones own beliefs. Things happen in life where you have to make tough decisions. .family>>>>>>>>>>>> than fb.

What you gonna do hide...wait for him to come in and break everyone off or be a man and protect yours.


Everyone in this thread is posting based on their beliefs, including you.

Suh has a habit of excersizing poor judgement and it makes it easy for people to attempt to take advantage of him.

What turns my gut is the ease with which you, and others accept threatened violence as a solution to a minor problem.

This should have been a non event. A guy atop a pole isn't a threat to anyone. Suh had plenty of opportunity to call police which, if feeling threatened would be an appropriate response. Suh is quoted as saying he was fearful for his and his family's safety which is a stretch.

If he was truly worried for his safety why in the world would he leave his family alone in the house to confront this guy with a pellet gun? Suh couldn't have been afraid of a physical challenge from the guy so he must have been concerned the man had a gun. What a stupid decision to confront an individual you're frightened of with a pellet gun. Rolling Eyes

Suh, outside of football is creating a laundry list of poor decisions.
no one said suh was smart. Idk how you think a guy climbing a pole at night is a casual thing were you come from but I'd go check it out. We do have the right to bare arms. I'm not sure what you are saying about threatened violence. We are talking sbout suh on his own property..he wasn't just running anywhere waving a bb gun.ya that's real violence there... there are several different ways to confront the situation and y ours it no better. Some people behave aggresive towards cetain situation that others don't so now that wrong? This is a non issue imo. And its the people like you that make it bigger than it really needs to be bc of your beliefs.. let suh do what he sees fit and you do you. I happen to be the same type guy aggresive. I'd walk straight out there and find out what the hell is going ong. You would rather sit in your lazyboy and bother the police for every little thing.


No actually I wouldn't have called the police because I wouldn't have felt threatened by a guy sitting on top of a pole. I would've simply asked him what he was doing. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to be carrying a gun with me. That's nothing more than being a coward. Frightened people with guns is an issue.

It seems the world is full of frightened people and that's an issue unto itself.

Stop and think about it for just a minute. Suh took the pellet gun with him to suggest to the cable guy he was armed. That's a threat of violence.

Stop with the belief B.S. your opinion is based on your beliefs so how am I being different then you?

This is an issue because once again Suh manages to get his name in the paper. He needs to think about his actions rather than reacting and keep a lower profile. He can't seem to keep himself out of situations can he.

I don't read about the other players on the team constantly, do you?
its ez to say what you'd do. Your not famous and don't have millions of dollars. So you might not feel the worry. The belief part is carrying a gun..you don't want to fine. They are legal.. and we are talking about as flippn bb gun. Suh is a magnet for the media..you apparently haven't caught on yet.. you never know what's fans will do. I seen some messed up stuff and so have you. If you were a famous person in the most popular game you'd probably keep a gun in your home too. Desparate people in this world. Im still trying to figure out how thid gets any attention

You keep harping on this, but noone ever said having the gun on him was wrong.

The way he dealt with the situation was wrong.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Rockcity


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 1313
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
This isn't a story. Every MAN would do the samething. Lucky bc if me it sure wouldn't be no bb gun. This turns my guts that aLion fan would even post this and try to break it down like he's in the wrong.. bc of ones own beliefs. Things happen in life where you have to make tough decisions. .family>>>>>>>>>>>> than fb.

What you gonna do hide...wait for him to come in and break everyone off or be a man and protect yours.


Everyone in this thread is posting based on their beliefs, including you.

Suh has a habit of excersizing poor judgement and it makes it easy for people to attempt to take advantage of him.

What turns my gut is the ease with which you, and others accept threatened violence as a solution to a minor problem.

This should have been a non event. A guy atop a pole isn't a threat to anyone. Suh had plenty of opportunity to call police which, if feeling threatened would be an appropriate response. Suh is quoted as saying he was fearful for his and his family's safety which is a stretch.

If he was truly worried for his safety why in the world would he leave his family alone in the house to confront this guy with a pellet gun? Suh couldn't have been afraid of a physical challenge from the guy so he must have been concerned the man had a gun. What a stupid decision to confront an individual you're frightened of with a pellet gun. Rolling Eyes

Suh, outside of football is creating a laundry list of poor decisions.
no one said suh was smart. Idk how you think a guy climbing a pole at night is a casual thing were you come from but I'd go check it out. We do have the right to bare arms. I'm not sure what you are saying about threatened violence. We are talking sbout suh on his own property..he wasn't just running anywhere waving a bb gun.ya that's real violence there... there are several different ways to confront the situation and y ours it no better. Some people behave aggresive towards cetain situation that others don't so now that wrong? This is a non issue imo. And its the people like you that make it bigger than it really needs to be bc of your beliefs.. let suh do what he sees fit and you do you. I happen to be the same type guy aggresive. I'd walk straight out there and find out what the hell is going ong. You would rather sit in your lazyboy and bother the police for every little thing.


No actually I wouldn't have called the police because I wouldn't have felt threatened by a guy sitting on top of a pole. I would've simply asked him what he was doing. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to be carrying a gun with me. That's nothing more than being a coward. Frightened people with guns is an issue.

It seems the world is full of frightened people and that's an issue unto itself.

Stop and think about it for just a minute. Suh took the pellet gun with him to suggest to the cable guy he was armed. That's a threat of violence.

Stop with the belief B.S. your opinion is based on your beliefs so how am I being different then you?

This is an issue because once again Suh manages to get his name in the paper. He needs to think about his actions rather than reacting and keep a lower profile. He can't seem to keep himself out of situations can he.

I don't read about the other players on the team constantly, do you?
its ez to say what you'd do. Your not famous and don't have millions of dollars. So you might not feel the worry. The belief part is carrying a gun..you don't want to fine. They are legal.. and we are talking about as flippn bb gun. Suh is a magnet for the media..you apparently haven't caught on yet.. you never know what's fans will do. I seen some messed up stuff and so have you. If you were a famous person in the most popular game you'd probably keep a gun in your home too. Desparate people in this world. Im still trying to figure out how thid gets any attention

You keep harping on this, but noone ever said having the gun on him was wrong.

The way he dealt with the situation was wrong.
Did Suh break the law? No. On his owe property with a bb gun yelling at a guy..that to Suhs knowledge had no right to br there. Look this is like a speeding ticket.. you really think everytime an nfl player gets pulled over for speeding your gonna hear about it? This whole topic made me think of death threats...you don't know his life. To me its crazy to not have an option... if you trust the law with your life so be it. I do not. Its easy for someone to say what they would do with the shoes you are in now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35339
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
Did Suh break the law? No. On his owe property with a bb gun yelling at a guy..that to Suhs knowledge had no right to br there. Look this is like a speeding ticket.. you really think everytime an nfl player gets pulled over for speeding your gonna hear about it? This whole topic made me think of death threats...you don't know his life. To me its crazy to not have an option... if you trust the law with your life so be it. I do not. Its easy for someone to say what they would do with the shoes you are in now

A.) Speeding IS breaking the law. Pretty bad comparison if you are trying to say he didn't break the law.
B.) If Suh truly feared for his family as he claimed, why would he go out with a BB gun? All that is going to do is get him killed.

As a matter of fact, the facts point that he wasn't scared at all. He just wanted a non-threat off what he deemed was his property when, in fact, it is not his property. The pole (all poles) are granted an easement for utility workers. If he truly feared for his family he would have at least called the cops before he went out and he DEFINITELY would not be carrying a BB gun, especially in hand. That would only be provoking a shootout. He MEANT for the BB gun to be a threat to the worker, which is indeed illegal. It would be hard to prove and probably go to trial and I am certain that is why charges were not pressed.

Whether you trust the police or not is not the issue. You call them to cover your rear legally if something does happen. If you do not call them, then you clearly don't foresee any issues.

I have been very close to the same situation. Clearly I was not famous, but I did have money and a bit of property. Several times I went outside when I saw the meter reader, electric company, or cable guy on my property. Somehow I managed to always get what I wanted without resorting to threats of violence or getting the cops called on me.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25589
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
This isn't a story. Every MAN would do the samething. Lucky bc if me it sure wouldn't be no bb gun. This turns my guts that aLion fan would even post this and try to break it down like he's in the wrong.. bc of ones own beliefs. Things happen in life where you have to make tough decisions. .family>>>>>>>>>>>> than fb.

What you gonna do hide...wait for him to come in and break everyone off or be a man and protect yours.


Everyone in this thread is posting based on their beliefs, including you.

Suh has a habit of excersizing poor judgement and it makes it easy for people to attempt to take advantage of him.

What turns my gut is the ease with which you, and others accept threatened violence as a solution to a minor problem.

This should have been a non event. A guy atop a pole isn't a threat to anyone. Suh had plenty of opportunity to call police which, if feeling threatened would be an appropriate response. Suh is quoted as saying he was fearful for his and his family's safety which is a stretch.

If he was truly worried for his safety why in the world would he leave his family alone in the house to confront this guy with a pellet gun? Suh couldn't have been afraid of a physical challenge from the guy so he must have been concerned the man had a gun. What a stupid decision to confront an individual you're frightened of with a pellet gun. Rolling Eyes

Suh, outside of football is creating a laundry list of poor decisions.
no one said suh was smart. Idk how you think a guy climbing a pole at night is a casual thing were you come from but I'd go check it out. We do have the right to bare arms. I'm not sure what you are saying about threatened violence. We are talking sbout suh on his own property..he wasn't just running anywhere waving a bb gun.ya that's real violence there... there are several different ways to confront the situation and y ours it no better. Some people behave aggresive towards cetain situation that others don't so now that wrong? This is a non issue imo. And its the people like you that make it bigger than it really needs to be bc of your beliefs.. let suh do what he sees fit and you do you. I happen to be the same type guy aggresive. I'd walk straight out there and find out what the hell is going ong. You would rather sit in your lazyboy and bother the police for every little thing.


No actually I wouldn't have called the police because I wouldn't have felt threatened by a guy sitting on top of a pole. I would've simply asked him what he was doing. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to be carrying a gun with me. That's nothing more than being a coward. Frightened people with guns is an issue.

It seems the world is full of frightened people and that's an issue unto itself.

Stop and think about it for just a minute. Suh took the pellet gun with him to suggest to the cable guy he was armed. That's a threat of violence.

Stop with the belief B.S. your opinion is based on your beliefs so how am I being different then you?

This is an issue because once again Suh manages to get his name in the paper. He needs to think about his actions rather than reacting and keep a lower profile. He can't seem to keep himself out of situations can he.

I don't read about the other players on the team constantly, do you?
its ez to say what you'd do. Your not famous and don't have millions of dollars. So you might not feel the worry. The belief part is carrying a gun..you don't want to fine. They are legal.. and we are talking about as flippn bb gun. Suh is a magnet for the media..you apparently haven't caught on yet.. you never know what's fans will do. I seen some messed up stuff and so have you. If you were a famous person in the most popular game you'd probably keep a gun in your home too. Desparate people in this world. Im still trying to figure out how thid gets any attention


Its easy to say what I'd do because I've been in numerous situations through out my life. I've dealt with trespassers and others numerous times. I may not have Suh's wealth but I live in a neighbourhood that is affluent and in any case that's really irrelevant. The point is you don't need to confront someone on top of a pole with a gun. What did Suh think he was doing up there? Stealing electricity? Perhaps nesting in an attempt to hatch an egg? Frankly the entire situation is ridiculous. What possible threat could a man on top of a pole really be?

We aren't talking a BB gun, it was a pellet gun so at least make an attempt to be factual. Legality is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to stupidity. Suh didn't need to have a gun of any type to walk outside and ask the guy what he was doing. This has nothing to do with the legality of guns and everything to do with poor choices.

As for Suh being a media magnet I would suggest its Suh that hasn't figured it out yet. He keeps responding in ways that make it easy for the media to portray him badly. He really needs to grow up and think before he reacts. Every other player in the NFL has stuff happen to them and we aren't reading about them in the paper numerous times a year. At some point you have to wonder why Suh is getting negative attention and we can't simply dismiss his attitude.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25589
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Did Suh break the law? No. On his owe property with a bb gun yelling at a guy..that to Suhs knowledge had no right to br there. Look this is like a speeding ticket.. you really think everytime an nfl player gets pulled over for speeding your gonna hear about it? This whole topic made me think of death threats...you don't know his life. To me its crazy to not have an option... if you trust the law with your life so be it. I do not. Its easy for someone to say what they would do with the shoes you are in now

A.) Speeding IS breaking the law. Pretty bad comparison if you are trying to say he didn't break the law.
B.) If Suh truly feared for his family as he claimed, why would he go out with a BB gun? All that is going to do is get him killed.

As a matter of fact, the facts point that he wasn't scared at all. He just wanted a non-threat off what he deemed was his property when, in fact, it is not his property. The pole (all poles) are granted an easement for utility workers. If he truly feared for his family he would have at least called the cops before he went out and he DEFINITELY would not be carrying a BB gun, especially in hand. That would only be provoking a shootout. He MEANT for the BB gun to be a threat to the worker, which is indeed illegal. It would be hard to prove and probably go to trial and I am certain that is why charges were not pressed.

Whether you trust the police or not is not the issue. You call them to cover your rear legally if something does happen. If you do not call them, then you clearly don't foresee any issues.

I have been very close to the same situation. Clearly I was not famous, but I did have money and a bit of property. Several times I went outside when I saw the meter reader, electric company, or cable guy on my property. Somehow I managed to always get what I wanted without resorting to threats of violence or getting the cops called on me.


Excellent explanation. Its beginning to appear, to me, that Suh feels he's superior and can act how he chooses without consequence.

His numerous occurrences where bad judgement has been displayed are worrisome.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The details I heard from 97.1 were:

Arrow The incident took place after 9 p.m.
Arrow The cable worker entered Suh's property without announcement
Arrow The cable worker was parked down the street
Arrow The cable worker had left his badge in his vehicle

Now I haven't read a police report, these are details I heard while listening to the radio. The one fact we all know is that the police department sided with Suh.

Let's get this straight, a cable worker is not the same as a meter reader, someone who is working for a utility company and providing you a service you've got to have. But even as meter readers, you must verbally announce your arrival upon someone's property- from there, they don't knock on doors because it takes literally 5-10 seconds to get the numbers and then it's off to the next property.

If a cable worker needed to enter my back yard to work on his lines, I would have expected up to this point that they'd knock on my door to warn me. All I know is that in Detroit, you probably would've gotten a gun shoved in your face. If I were to do the same in Kentucky or West Virginia, there's a high probability I could end up dead or with a gun in my face.

This is where the details are important, was this pole truly on Suh's property? How can anyone not find it disrespectful for someone to just enter their property unannounced? And in Suh's case, celebrity is absolutely a factor. What if some criminal wanted to climb up a pole and set up surveillance for a future robbery. Let's not forget what happened to Sean Taylor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35339
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have friends that work for Comcast, DirecTV, and as meter readers.

None of them announce their arrival unless required to go inside the house.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
I have friends that work for Comcast, DirecTV, and as meter readers.

None of them announce their arrival unless required to go inside the house.
Just because they don't, doesn't mean they're not supposed to. I know for a fact that meter readers must announce, "meter reader", when entering someone's property.

As for the cable guys, maybe they don't, I don't know. But you're risking your own personal safety if you're going into someone's backyard without letting them know- especially after 9 p.m. like in this instance. I know people with pit bulls that don't make a sound. Enter at your own risk, those animals will take you down without announcement as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8270
Location: Detroit, MI
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
I have friends that work for Comcast, DirecTV, and as meter readers.

None of them announce their arrival unless required to go inside the house.
Just because they don't, doesn't mean they're not supposed to. I know for a fact that meter readers must announce, "meter reader", when entering someone's property.

As for the cable guys, maybe they don't, I don't know. But you're risking your own personal safety if you're going into someone's backyard without letting them know- especially after 9 p.m. like in this instance. I know people with pit bulls that don't make a sound. Enter at your own risk, those animals will take you down without announcement as well.


I know for a fact that a Comcast worker got in trouble for not telling someone he was going on their property. And this was during the day, while having ID. This was also 5= years ago though, so I don't know what Comcasts policies are now.... But I have NEVER heard of a worker coming to a customers home, without prior knowledge, after 9 pm, without any identification. This seems very sketchy all around. Which is probably why no charges were borught against Suh and why I don't understand why this was even made public, if not for Suhs celebrity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49756
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non story gets 4 pages so far. Sunday can't get here soon enough.
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25589
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Non story gets 4 pages so far. Sunday can't get here soon enough.


Obviously some feel differently or there wouldn't be 4 pages.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25589
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
The details I heard from 97.1 were:

Arrow The incident took place after 9 p.m.
Arrow The cable worker entered Suh's property without announcement
Arrow The cable worker was parked down the street
Arrow The cable worker had left his badge in his vehicle

Now I haven't read a police report, these are details I heard while listening to the radio. The one fact we all know is that the police department sided with Suh.

Let's get this straight, a cable worker is not the same as a meter reader, someone who is working for a utility company and providing you a service you've got to have. But even as meter readers, you must verbally announce your arrival upon someone's property- from there, they don't knock on doors because it takes literally 5-10 seconds to get the numbers and then it's off to the next property.

If a cable worker needed to enter my back yard to work on his lines, I would have expected up to this point that they'd knock on my door to warn me. All I know is that in Detroit, you probably would've gotten a gun shoved in your face. If I were to do the same in Kentucky or West Virginia, there's a high probability I could end up dead or with a gun in my face.

This is where the details are important, was this pole truly on Suh's property? How can anyone not find it disrespectful for someone to just enter their property unannounced? And in Suh's case, celebrity is absolutely a factor. What if some criminal wanted to climb up a pole and set up surveillance for a future robbery. Let's not forget what happened to Sean Taylor.


What the police determined is only part of the issue here.

Suh claimed he felt threatened for himself and his family daily. Sorry but his actions aren't consistent with the actions of someone who feels threatened. Think about it for just a minute. Suh is a huge, powerful man. I can't believe he would feel physically threatened so that would lead me to believe he worried the individual was armed. If he was worried about the man being armed why would he confront him with a pellet gun? That's the kind of decision making which leads to lead poisoning. Wink

In addition after the confrontation Suh left his sister home alone so I can't imagine it was to worrisome.

Suh lives in a very safe area. Birmingham's crime rate isn't only below the average Michigan crime rate its below the National crime rate.

http://www.usa.com/birmingham-mi-crime-and-crime-rate.htm

I find it very curious Suh is never around to talk to police. Bottom line to me is he continues to make poor decisions. Do to his celebrity if he feels threatened he should immediately call police not be confrontational. Confronting someone who may be armed is foolish at the best of times. Doing so with a pellet gun is stupid.

I don't think Sean Taylor is a valid comparison. His murder was a tragedy but occurred during a home invasion. There has always been a great deal of speculation that the intruders didnt believe anyone was home and that given they shot Taylor in the leg weren't trying to kill him. Regardless I understand the point you're making but Suh was in his home, could've activated the security system and called police.

Suh simply needs to stay out of news papers for off field activity.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group