Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suh waives pellet gun?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rockcity


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 1313
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
This isn't a story. Every MAN would do the samething. Lucky bc if me it sure wouldn't be no bb gun. This turns my guts that aLion fan would even post this and try to break it down like he's in the wrong.. bc of ones own beliefs. Things happen in life where you have to make tough decisions. .family>>>>>>>>>>>> than fb.

What you gonna do hide...wait for him to come in and break everyone off or be a man and protect yours.

It sickens me society has gotten so aggressive you actually believe he was in the right. Put yourself in the shoes of the poor guy just trying to do his job and next thing he knows he has a 6'3" 300lb guy holding a gun yelling at him while in a highly vulnerable position atop a pole.

No, there are MANY and MUCH better ways to go about protecting your family, even while still having a gun in your possession.
what you gonna do? What should he have done? You don't protect what's yours. Dam right I'm gonna be aggressive...knock on my dam door if you wanna go walking around my million dollar estate. This isn't even a debate with me anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35229
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't know all the details. He may not be innocent. But I also know there are a great number of professions that allow you on a persons property unannounced. For instance: Suh does not own the pole, only the property around it. Once the worker showed his badge Suh's only right would have been to call the mans employer to ensure he did indeed work for them. If the worker was under the assumption Comcast had already notified the homeowner(as they usually do)and was just doing his job I know my first reaction to a goon with a gun would be to call the police
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8098
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
We don't know all the details. He may not be innocent. But I also know there are a great number of professions that allow you on a persons property unannounced. For instance: Suh does not own the pole, only the property around it. Once the worker showed his badge Suh's only right would have been to call the mans employer to ensure he did indeed work for them. If the worker was under the assumption Comcast had already notified the homeowner(as they usually do)and was just doing his job I know my first reaction to a goon with a gun would be to call the police


And lie to them?
_________________
George Carlin wrote:
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35229
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have probably done exactly what Suh did with two huge differences.
1- the gun would have been hidden in my pocket or belt loop or something.
2- I would have made sure I didn't have aggression in my voice or what I said

If the guy is indeed a criminal, I don't want to incite him or exacerbate the problem. If he is innocent I don't want to make the poor guy feel threatened
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Rockcity


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 1313
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
We don't know all the details. He may not be innocent. But I also know there are a great number of professions that allow you on a persons property unannounced. For instance: Suh does not own the pole, only the property around it. Once the worker showed his badge Suh's only right would have been to call the mans employer to ensure he did indeed work for them. If the worker was under the assumption Comcast had already notified the homeowner(as they usually do)and was just doing his job I know my first reaction to a goon with a gun would be to call the police
sure if its normal business hours. Little different situation when it isn't. He a high profile person its hard telling what these type of people have to deal with. Shoot if I saw someone climbing a pole in my yard I'd be concerned. Only thing is to think the worst. He is not some common guy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1569
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck I got a misdemeanor a while back cause I thought to ding dong ditch (my buddies idea) we haven't done it since like middle school....the lady called 911 and had a loaded shotgun pointed at the door thinking I was breaking in with a weapon...Even the judge said the world isn't how it used to be...dang on government lol..when someone egged my car, I was looking for a head...and when found them was going to be the "abd word" our of them..people need to gain a little respect. He paid hard earned money for his stuff. Doesn't give anyone right to go into yard unannounced...
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockcity


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 1313
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
Heck I got a misdemeanor a while back cause I thought to ding dong ditch (my buddies idea) we haven't done it since like middle school....the lady called 911 and had a loaded shotgun pointed at the door thinking I was breaking in with a weapon...Even the judge said the world isn't how it used to be...dang on government lol..when someone egged my car, I was looking for a head...and when found them was going to be the "abd word" our of them..people need to gain a little respect. He paid hard earned money for his stuff. Doesn't give anyone right to go into yard unannounced...
egging and teepeeing was the best lol. Now its probably a felony. Ringing the doorbell and running is dumb..maybe if you throw the bag of crap on fire lol. #memories
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1569
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
Heck I got a misdemeanor a while back cause I thought to ding dong ditch (my buddies idea) we haven't done it since like middle school....the lady called 911 and had a loaded shotgun pointed at the door thinking I was breaking in with a weapon...Even the judge said the world isn't how it used to be...dang on government lol..when someone egged my car, I was looking for a head...and when found them was going to be the "abd word" our of them..people need to gain a little respect. He paid hard earned money for his stuff. Doesn't give anyone right to go into yard unannounced...
egging and teepeeing was the best lol. Now its probably a felony. Ringing the doorbell and running is dumb..maybe if you throw the bag of crap on fire lol. #memories


Funny thing was...we were drinking...and ran from cops...but they laughed about it when they found out..I got away too. My buddy told...they only gave us disturbing the peace and the judge actually laughed.. Funny memories lol...and yeah we thought we'd get destroyedif we did the other stuff we used to when I was younger..
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detroitroar


Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Posts: 4378
Location: USA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
So he didn't have an actual gun and never threatened the guy with it. It seems weird to me that he would leave his home, with his sister there, if he feared for his family though. Confused
supposedly it was around 9:00 PM. Would you go check out a random guy on your property? Or would you just let him mess around with stuff in your backyard?


Okay, but since when do cable guys hang out on poles at 9 o'clock at night?

I dont buy any of this.
_________________
Team Stylish

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18819
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
So he didn't have an actual gun and never threatened the guy with it. It seems weird to me that he would leave his home, with his sister there, if he feared for his family though. Confused
supposedly it was around 9:00 PM. Would you go check out a random guy on your property? Or would you just let him mess around with stuff in your backyard?


I would definitely check it out, while armed. I don't blame Suh there. The part I don't get is why leave the guy there with your sister in the home, while you take off, if you fear for the safety of your family?


He should have known to just call the police. He's a star athlete. There's really no need to go get into a dangerous situation with a pellet gun. What if the guy had bad intentions... and a REAL gun? What would he do? Get in a shootout with a pellet gun? It's just all around stupid.
_________________
Team Stylish313
Adopt-A-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DetroitPride26


Joined: 25 Nov 2011
Posts: 1569
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
So he didn't have an actual gun and never threatened the guy with it. It seems weird to me that he would leave his home, with his sister there, if he feared for his family though. Confused
supposedly it was around 9:00 PM. Would you go check out a random guy on your property? Or would you just let him mess around with stuff in your backyard?


I would definitely check it out, while armed. I don't blame Suh there. The part I don't get is why leave the guy there with your sister in the home, while you take off, if you fear for the safety of your family?


He should have known to just call the police. He's a star athlete. There's really no need to go get into a dangerous situation with a pellet gun. What if the guy had bad intentions... and a REAL gun? What would he do? Get in a shootout with a pellet gun? It's just all around stupid.


Police were called and look what happened. The dummy lied
_________________
Lions 2014: To A Better Year!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25447
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
This isn't a story. Every MAN would do the samething. Lucky bc if me it sure wouldn't be no bb gun. This turns my guts that aLion fan would even post this and try to break it down like he's in the wrong.. bc of ones own beliefs. Things happen in life where you have to make tough decisions. .family>>>>>>>>>>>> than fb.

What you gonna do hide...wait for him to come in and break everyone off or be a man and protect yours.


Everyone in this thread is posting based on their beliefs, including you.

Suh has a habit of excersizing poor judgement and it makes it easy for people to attempt to take advantage of him.

What turns my gut is the ease with which you, and others accept threatened violence as a solution to a minor problem.

This should have been a non event. A guy atop a pole isn't a threat to anyone. Suh had plenty of opportunity to call police which, if feeling threatened would be an appropriate response. Suh is quoted as saying he was fearful for his and his family's safety which is a stretch.

If he was truly worried for his safety why in the world would he leave his family alone in the house to confront this guy with a pellet gun? Suh couldn't have been afraid of a physical challenge from the guy so he must have been concerned the man had a gun. What a stupid decision to confront an individual you're frightened of with a pellet gun. Rolling Eyes

Suh, outside of football is creating a laundry list of poor decisions.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockcity


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 1313
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
This isn't a story. Every MAN would do the samething. Lucky bc if me it sure wouldn't be no bb gun. This turns my guts that aLion fan would even post this and try to break it down like he's in the wrong.. bc of ones own beliefs. Things happen in life where you have to make tough decisions. .family>>>>>>>>>>>> than fb.

What you gonna do hide...wait for him to come in and break everyone off or be a man and protect yours.


Everyone in this thread is posting based on their beliefs, including you.

Suh has a habit of excersizing poor judgement and it makes it easy for people to attempt to take advantage of him.

What turns my gut is the ease with which you, and others accept threatened violence as a solution to a minor problem.

This should have been a non event. A guy atop a pole isn't a threat to anyone. Suh had plenty of opportunity to call police which, if feeling threatened would be an appropriate response. Suh is quoted as saying he was fearful for his and his family's safety which is a stretch.

If he was truly worried for his safety why in the world would he leave his family alone in the house to confront this guy with a pellet gun? Suh couldn't have been afraid of a physical challenge from the guy so he must have been concerned the man had a gun. What a stupid decision to confront an individual you're frightened of with a pellet gun. Rolling Eyes

Suh, outside of football is creating a laundry list of poor decisions.
no one said suh was smart. Idk how you think a guy climbing a pole at night is a casual thing were you come from but I'd go check it out. We do have the right to bare arms. I'm not sure what you are saying about threatened violence. We are talking sbout suh on his own property..he wasn't just running anywhere waving a bb gun.ya that's real violence there... there are several different ways to confront the situation and y ours it no better. Some people behave aggresive towards cetain situation that others don't so now that wrong? This is a non issue imo. And its the people like you that make it bigger than it really needs to be bc of your beliefs.. let suh do what he sees fit and you do you. I happen to be the same type guy aggresive. I'd walk straight out there and find out what the hell is going ong. You would rather sit in your lazyboy and bother the police for every little thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35229
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
This isn't a story. Every MAN would do the samething. Lucky bc if me it sure wouldn't be no bb gun. This turns my guts that aLion fan would even post this and try to break it down like he's in the wrong.. bc of ones own beliefs. Things happen in life where you have to make tough decisions. .family>>>>>>>>>>>> than fb.

What you gonna do hide...wait for him to come in and break everyone off or be a man and protect yours.


Everyone in this thread is posting based on their beliefs, including you.

Suh has a habit of excersizing poor judgement and it makes it easy for people to attempt to take advantage of him.

What turns my gut is the ease with which you, and others accept threatened violence as a solution to a minor problem.

This should have been a non event. A guy atop a pole isn't a threat to anyone. Suh had plenty of opportunity to call police which, if feeling threatened would be an appropriate response. Suh is quoted as saying he was fearful for his and his family's safety which is a stretch.

If he was truly worried for his safety why in the world would he leave his family alone in the house to confront this guy with a pellet gun? Suh couldn't have been afraid of a physical challenge from the guy so he must have been concerned the man had a gun. What a stupid decision to confront an individual you're frightened of with a pellet gun. Rolling Eyes

Suh, outside of football is creating a laundry list of poor decisions.
no one said suh was smart. Idk how you think a guy climbing a pole at night is a casual thing were you come from but I'd go check it out. We do have the right to bare arms. I'm not sure what you are saying about threatened violence. We are talking sbout suh on his own property..he wasn't just running anywhere waving a bb gun.ya that's real violence there... there are several different ways to confront the situation and y ours it no better. Some people behave aggresive towards cetain situation that others don't so now that wrong? This is a non issue imo. And its the people like you that make it bigger than it really needs to be bc of your beliefs.. let suh do what he sees fit and you do you. I happen to be the same type guy aggresive. I'd walk straight out there and find out what the hell is going ong. You would rather sit in your lazyboy and bother the police for every little thing.

Yes, if he truly felt a threat to his family the police were the "proper" solution.

The threatened violence is having the gun in hand as I stated a long time ago but you seem to continue to ignore. Having it in his hand is meant as a threat of violence. If he has it holstered, pocketed, in a belt loop or otherwise hidden, then it is there for self defense.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25447
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
This isn't a story. Every MAN would do the samething. Lucky bc if me it sure wouldn't be no bb gun. This turns my guts that aLion fan would even post this and try to break it down like he's in the wrong.. bc of ones own beliefs. Things happen in life where you have to make tough decisions. .family>>>>>>>>>>>> than fb.

What you gonna do hide...wait for him to come in and break everyone off or be a man and protect yours.


Everyone in this thread is posting based on their beliefs, including you.

Suh has a habit of excersizing poor judgement and it makes it easy for people to attempt to take advantage of him.

What turns my gut is the ease with which you, and others accept threatened violence as a solution to a minor problem.

This should have been a non event. A guy atop a pole isn't a threat to anyone. Suh had plenty of opportunity to call police which, if feeling threatened would be an appropriate response. Suh is quoted as saying he was fearful for his and his family's safety which is a stretch.

If he was truly worried for his safety why in the world would he leave his family alone in the house to confront this guy with a pellet gun? Suh couldn't have been afraid of a physical challenge from the guy so he must have been concerned the man had a gun. What a stupid decision to confront an individual you're frightened of with a pellet gun. Rolling Eyes

Suh, outside of football is creating a laundry list of poor decisions.
no one said suh was smart. Idk how you think a guy climbing a pole at night is a casual thing were you come from but I'd go check it out. We do have the right to bare arms. I'm not sure what you are saying about threatened violence. We are talking sbout suh on his own property..he wasn't just running anywhere waving a bb gun.ya that's real violence there... there are several different ways to confront the situation and y ours it no better. Some people behave aggresive towards cetain situation that others don't so now that wrong? This is a non issue imo. And its the people like you that make it bigger than it really needs to be bc of your beliefs.. let suh do what he sees fit and you do you. I happen to be the same type guy aggresive. I'd walk straight out there and find out what the hell is going ong. You would rather sit in your lazyboy and bother the police for every little thing.


No actually I wouldn't have called the police because I wouldn't have felt threatened by a guy sitting on top of a pole. I would've simply asked him what he was doing. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to be carrying a gun with me. That's nothing more than being a coward. Frightened people with guns is an issue.

It seems the world is full of frightened people and that's an issue unto itself.

Stop and think about it for just a minute. Suh took the pellet gun with him to suggest to the cable guy he was armed. That's a threat of violence.

Stop with the belief B.S. your opinion is based on your beliefs so how am I being different then you?

This is an issue because once again Suh manages to get his name in the paper. He needs to think about his actions rather than reacting and keep a lower profile. He can't seem to keep himself out of situations can he.

I don't read about the other players on the team constantly, do you?
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group